ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond county football

Matter of fact one of their power 5 commits (providence day) transferred over to MP....irony

Is Myers Park not his home district school? He will also be able to graduate in December. Could not have did that at Providence Day. Would not surprise me if the NC State staff did not "recommend" for him to graduate early.

A national top thirty player, future SEC starter and NFLer, leave a CMS team and part of the reason was he could not graduate in December at that time.

I had a couple of very successful high school coach tell me that having his players play against each other in youth ball and then play together in middle school on may be a couple of teams and freshman ball was a huge reason to their success. Richmond has that exact same thing and I have been told by three former coaches that it was a big asset to the program. There are positive and negatives. Hough and Providence Day probably had the most big time recruits last year. Neither played for a state title.

Reactions: nepsy7
I had a couple of very successful high school coach tell me that having his players play against each other in youth ball and then play together in middle school on may be a couple of teams and freshman ball was a huge reason to their success. Richmond has that exact same thing and I have been told by three former coaches that it was a big asset to the program. There are positive and negatives. Hough and Providence Day probably had the most big time recruits last year. Neither played for a state title.

I couldn't agree more. People hate on Charlotte Catholic, but those kids have been playing with each other since the 5th grade. Than you have Hough players, with numerous meeting each other for the 1st time this year. Every team in Charlotte gets 4 to 5 new guys every year. Over half their starters came from other schools and last year they out recruited some Mid Major Colleges.

Last edited:
There are positives to both but let's not kid ourselves. Catholic gets them as well. Big DE there last year was a Providence kid who transfered in and sat for a year.

Too many new kids creates issues but in the end its Jimmy's and Joe's. The haves and have nots in Meck county continues to get bigger. There are 4-5 elite teams and the rest have become scrimmage teams.

Man RC is full of themselves already. I know they have some good returning players and their JV from last year was huge (lil soft) but massive. The skill folks were very good on that team as well but I learned after SC failed to win it with Z and made it back with a bunch of hustling kids and some great coaching that Talent is not the only ingredient. A whole lot has to go right. If I was a beating man in 4aa it would be Vance provided they don't miss much with loosing Brand. The LB should not be allowed to play HS ball because someone is going to get hurt very bad and I'm serious. I think RC chances improve 10 fold if they go east. Winning in Laurinburg (easy) - those days are gone. RC has more talent but SC has plenty of returners and few newcomers that will help plus (4) kids that were starters that didn't even play last year in the RC game due to injuries so lets not crown yourselves anything just yet. Creek is due for a return to the ship you would think with what they have on the roster. 4a might be a repeat of last year. Pine Forest is loaded with skill players but there best DL who has D1 offers just reclassified and is playing in NJ or somewhere. Time will shake this out but lets not believe all the hype just yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Google is good for you. All I said was it's a little harder for use than some. Most if not all of our players was born in the local hospital. I still like our chances.
Not anymore. That hospital is practically shut down. Only thing left, really, is the ER. They have to go to Pinehurst to give birth now. Crazy.

o_Oo_Oo_O...State?...better hope you can win the Conference... forget Turkey guys...buy stock in Crow this year... because I think some people are going to be eating a lot of it come November and December.

o_Oo_Oo_O...State?...better hope you can win the Conference... forget Turkey guys...buy stock in Crow this year... because I think some people are going to be eating a lot of it come November and December.
Try to beat Hoke without OT this year please.

So Richmond is the strongest of all the weakest? Is this what is being said here?

Doubt Richmond is weak at all. Y’all need to mind your own business

True. But look at who they played? If they playing 4aa or 3aa they don't make it past the first round. Out if 3a and 4a the 4a bracket is the weakest.

Scotland was a different team in the playoffs. Ask 71st!

Scotland was a different team in the playoffs. Ask 71st!
Well Nepsy, Coach Bailey did say that the Scots would take their lumps during the season, but they would be good by seasons end and they were.

You RC boys worry about yourself. Scotland was in the bottom 5 in enrollment of all the playoff teams. They have numbers smaller than some 3A schools. They lost 3 starters on each side of the ball...and the most dynamic player is back from his injury in the butler game. Don’t worry about us, we are just a speed bump as you roll everyone in your schedule.

I'm just not seeing it... Richmond's best chance to win State was last year, don't see this years team having as much talent as last years team, and they struggled against us (SC)...and to be honest I consider last years varsity squad (SC) to be a talented JV squad... RC should have had their way with us but couldn't...if I'm not mistaking we had 9 seniors last year...of which 2 of those nine were injured majority of the year. Am I saying Richmond is going to be trash this year?...of course not, but I had more confidence in RC going to State last year than this year is all I'm saying. And for God Sake we are 4A...that's not our fault, we can only play who the NCHSAA puts in front of us... we play majority 4AA in our non-conference games and have play some decent 4AA's in our conference... so why is there so much doubt when it comes to SC competing in 4AA?...I think we have more than proven over the years we are strong competitors.

Scotland is worried about Richmond. While Richmond is worried about Scotland. Then the commissioners are worried about both. I’m worried about all this worrying. Tearing up my nerves

Please do not watch CNN......it will worry the life out of you

Scotland is worried about Richmond. While Richmond is worried about Scotland. Then the commissioners are worried about both. I’m worried about all this worrying. Tearing up my nerves

Please do not watch CNN......it will worry the life out of you

I mean... its only the largest and biggest rivalry high school football game in NC, so of course people are going to talk Vipe...

Y’all better cool ya jets! It’s 141 days til Richmond vs Scotland! Lots can happen before that game. 1 game at a time. I just hope the Raiders can stay healthy thru 7 on 7’s and summer practice..

I'm just not seeing it... Richmond's best chance to win State was last year, don't see this years team having as much talent as last years team, and they struggled against us (SC)...and to be honest I consider last years varsity squad (SC) to be a talented JV squad... RC should have had their way with us but couldn't...if I'm not mistaking we had 9 seniors last year...of which 2 of those nine were injured majority of the year. Am I saying Richmond is going to be trash this year?...of course not, but I had more confidence in RC going to State last year than this year is all I'm saying. And for God Sake we are 4A...that's not our fault, we can only play who the NCHSAA puts in front of us... we play majority 4AA in our non-conference games and have play some decent 4AA's in our conference... so why is there so much doubt when it comes to SC competing in 4AA?...I think we have more than proven over the years we are strong competitors.
Actually I believe we will have more talent this year than last. I said that before the start of the season last year that this years team will be better. As far as "handling" the Scots we handled them well enough to win the game that's all that matters. Rivalry games are normally close. But like someone said this game it's months away so. Just try to make it there with no losses it makes it better.

Last year’s team was very, very young. Most of the upper-echelon of talent were sophomores last year. They’re now juniors. The JV team’s DL was bigger than the varsity’s, they’re coming up. And there’s plenty of talent and size on the freshman team this year. I think Richmond is back to the “we don’t replace, we reload” days.

Last year’s team was very, very young. Most of the upper-echelon of talent were sophomores last year. They’re now juniors. The JV team’s DL was bigger than the varsity’s, they’re coming up. And there’s plenty of talent and size on the freshman team this year. I think Richmond is back to the “we don’t replace, we reload” days.

Havent made a regional final in a decade. Exactly what are we reloading?

Don’t ever make such a statement. I’m quite surprised one of the commissioners have not came out

Wait for it.......

All Imma say is check the admission for the past few years on this one game... if you've never been to one then I can understand your doubt... #'s don't lie....by kick off its standing room only around the track and even thats 3 to 4 rows deep in a stadium that holds 10,000... not sure what RC stadium holds but i believe its around the same (8-10,000+)...

In no form or fashion am I doubting you, but those Charlotte folks will try their very best to make Scotland, Richmond, and the New England Patriots feel like a toad on the log

Reactions: Crr1968
In no form or fashion am I doubting you, but those Charlotte folks will try their very best to make Scotland, Richmond, and the New England Patriots feel like a toad on the log
Which one of these doesnt belong (a. Scotland b. Richmond c. New England Patriots)

“Your Honor”
Cross Examination has begun:

No tears, No crying, No bickering, No whining, No smirks, and No Breastfeeding or you will be kicked out

Simply remain neutral and use your Poker Face

7 on 7's don't mean much but we did look pretty good against Cape Fear scoring TDS on 5 out of 6 possession. Defense giving up 0 TDS.

We playing in the Power Ade 7 on 7 in Charlotte should be a good experience for our young team.

Havent made a regional final in a decade. Exactly what are we reloading?

You need talent for regional finals. Talent at Richmond has been down there for a while now, and everyone could visibly see it, especially on the lines. Regional finals doesn’t constitute dismissing the rebuild and reload theory.

Reactions: RaiderNation01
You need talent for regional finals. Talent at Richmond has been down there for a while now, and everyone could visibly see it, especially on the lines. Regional finals doesn’t constitute dismissing the rebuild and reload theory.

Gotcha. Not enough talent but reloading it for a 2nd or 3rd rd playoff loss. Thanks

Reactions: devilmac99
As always I like our chances against anyone. Us against Mecklenburg county in the playoffs.

Probably Scotland , unsure if the other 2 are in the Scots stratosphere.
I guess that’s why Scotland’s “Senior” receiver is trying to get out of the Scots stratosphere and become part of “The Richmond Legacy” ! Excuses, comments or concerns? I’ll wait!!

I guess that’s why Scotland’s “Senior” receiver is trying to get out of the Scots stratosphere and become part of “The Richmond Legacy” ! Excuses, comments or concerns? I’ll wait!!
Quote me if I’m wrong but isn’t the kid from Richmond County?

No concerns and you can keep waiting!!! With all those " PRIMETIME" receivers the Raiders have, why would they need a little old wide out from Scotland???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT