ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE AT NORTH FORSYTH

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
Upset Special Brewing?

Rams dealing with devastating injuries and issues with coaching transition.

Here is a chance for someone in the conference to deal Reidsville a conference loss for the first time in recent memory.

Should be a good game.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Upset Special Brewing?

Rams dealing with devastating injuries and issues with coaching transition.

Here is a chance for someone in the conference to deal Reidsville a conference loss for the first time in recent memory.

Should be a good game.
what are the coaching issues your referring to? I asked earlier how the transition was going and no body responded.

what are the coaching issues your referring to? I asked earlier how the transition was going and no body responded.

Beat me to it. I dont think that actual transition has any issues, but some may have issues with said transition and take their anger out in inappropriate ways.

I know Harrison isn't playing this week, but is he expected to be out a while?

If we can get healthy and gel we will be fine. Everyone needs to get on the same accord.

Anytime a coaching change is made some things are done little different even though it was someone that has been on the staff. Last three years at West Stokes Johnson did a decent job but everyone gets used to the way things were. Have to give some time to the staff and may need to tweak it a little after first year.

I know Harrison isn't playing this week, but is he expected to be out a while?

If we can get healthy and gel we will be fine. Everyone needs to get on the same accord.
He never came out of the game last week despite some limping so that makes me think it's nothing too bad

Rams lost two long time veteran position coaches and they have been replaced with younger coaches with much lesser experience.

Replacing three long time coaches, including the head coach, who were the very best at what they do plus the injuries has been a nightmare perfect storm.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Rams lost two long time veteran position coaches and they have been replaced with younger coaches with much lesser experience.

Replacing three long time coaches, including the head coach, who were the very best at what they do plus the injuries has been a nightmare perfect storm.
i gothca....i know teague and marrs who was 3rd?

They've got a few guys been there for a good while but after that there is a experience drop off for sure. And I think all except Coach Marrs are former Rams. So at least the new guys were coached by the retired guys, do there should be some positive carryover.

Marrs is still there. Hendricks (DBs) and Knowles (DL) retired. Teague retired from the HC spot but still coaches OL.
Doug Marrs had planned to retire after last season because of his knee problems but he had a replacement done and is off the injured reserve list now and doing well.

Al Hendricks retired after a great career and Steve Knowles took a highway construction job at the coast. Steve comes back on weekends and works the phones from the press box.

Jimmy Teague, Doug Marrs, Al Hendricks, and Steve Knowles provided the heart of the Rams coaching staff. And all had 20+ years. That group was as good as any in the state.

I posted some time back after the Rams got passed on silly by WA that losing Coach Al Hendricks as DB coach was a blow the Rams are still recovering from....that and the fact that they lost 2 great defensive backfield players last year in Jayden McCain and Tamir Johnson (graduation) and the injuries to Neal and Flippen....now there is your perfect storm.................

I posted some time back after the Rams got passed on silly by WA that losing Coach Al Hendricks as DB coach was a blow the Rams are still recovering from....that and the fact that they lost 2 great defensive backfield players last year in Jayden McCain and Tamir Johnson (graduation) and the injuries to Neal and Flippen....now there is your perfect storm.................

Also Jeremiah redd is out for the year. Would've started at either olb or safety

EXACTLY. And Flippen and Neal would have made a difference in the WA game.

Last edited:
Anytime a coaching change is made some things are done little different even though it was someone that has been on the staff. Last three years at West Stokes Johnson did a decent job but everyone gets used to the way things were. Have to give some time to the staff and may need to tweak it a little after first year.
We don’t have time to tweak after this season. It’s title or bust for this group. Everyone knows the expectations

Reidsville has now won 57 straight conference games ... last loss was to Cummings in 2011.
Open date comes at a good time ... next game on 9-29 at home vs McMichael

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Well I called this game a cake walk and it for sure was. N Forsyth is terrible. Just hope we don’t have more longing injuries from this game

Well I called this game a cake walk and it for sure was. N Forsyth is terrible. Just hope we don’t have more longing injuries from this game

I’m hoping we have everyone back after the bye week. The injuries are our only saving grace

I’m hoping we have everyone back after the bye week. The injuries are our only saving grace
I’m hearing everyone won’t be back but not positive on that. My thing is. Even if we have everyone. Have we gotten better stopping the run since last year. I don’t think so. 3 yards and a cloud of dust can still beat us. We gotta get better in every aspect of the game and fast. I’m thankful for buy week next week. I need a break lol

Reactions: nwguilford007
I’m hearing everyone won’t be back but not positive on that. My thing is. Even if we have everyone. Have we gotten better stopping the run since last year. I don’t think so. 3 yards and a cloud of dust can still beat us. We gotta get better in every aspect of the game and fast. I’m thankful for buy week next week. I need a break lol

For sure. But to have a chance we will need everyone

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT