ADVERTISEMENT

Red Spings - St. Pauls brawl

So far Thomasville/North Rowan fight and stopping the game last night in Monroe because of fans fighting, plus I think there were two game confrontations in Char/Meck last weekend! Sounds like the reduction of punishment for ejections done by the legislature is doing real well!!
That is what happens when you reduce punishment

Guys, after what I saw at the Monroe/Forest Hills game I've never been so disgusted with the shape of society these days. I'm 51 now and after college I spent over 20 years in law enforcement. During that time society gradually got worse and worse. Between my health and fed up with society I left law enforcement and I don't regret it. Didn't make it to retirement but it just wasn't worth it. I told my wife last night I almost feel like not going to anymore games. Nothing to do with the game itself but the behavior of people these days. No discipline at home or in school. Just flat out disgusted.

It may get to the point games not played at night. Hope not. I used to go out to favorite watering hole but not in last year. These young kids are dangerous. Plus no accountability for anything. I go to football games but might just stay home on Friday nights.

It's hard to control what happens in the crowd, but coaches need to tell their players to shut up on the field, and stop trying to take cheap shots. We had a incident Friday night where we were returning a pick 6, and an opposing player ran up behind one of our players and started punching him for no reason. Just because he thought no one was watching him. Our player responded and guess who sees it, the ref. So coaches tell your kids to play the game the right way, have fun, keep your mouth shut, and keep your hands to yourself.

So far Thomasville/North Rowan fight and stopping the game last night in Monroe because of fans fighting, plus I think there were two game confrontations in Char/Meck last weekend! Sounds like the reduction of punishment for ejections done by the legislature is doing real well!!
Legislation is not yet in effect.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Legislation is not yet in effect.

He is talking about the change that came from drawing the ire of the NCGA over the Anson County situation.

The whole reason we are at this point where the government has felt they need to interject.

Guys, after what I saw at the Monroe/Forest Hills game I've never been so disgusted with the shape of society these days. I'm 51 now and after college I spent over 20 years in law enforcement. During that time society gradually got worse and worse. Between my health and fed up with society I left law enforcement and I don't regret it. Didn't make it to retirement but it just wasn't worth it. I told my wife last night I almost feel like not going to anymore games. Nothing to do with the game itself but the behavior of people these days. No discipline at home or in school. Just flat out disgusted.
I know all the Charlotte people complain about the 7 pm starts, but if I am correct, it’s because of fights at or around the schools.

Went to the Lumberton game a few weeks ago and some kids fired off 6-7-8 rounds in the parking lot just behind the home stands, I was sitting up top and exposed to the gunfire. No one hit, but some cars sustained damage. Still have not heard the reason for it, other than just stupid kids these days. Lesson learned however is to sit at least one row down so the concrete protects your backside.

Red Springs HS
Everyone implicated is no longer suspended (state-approved). Kids are not learning anything from this. It accomplishes nothing but give them a pass and the mentality to repeat it. We question why crime is so prevalent.

Red Springs HS
Everyone implicated is no longer suspended (state-approved). Kids are not learning anything from this. It accomplishes nothing but give them a pass and the mentality to repeat it. We question why crime is so prevalent.

A handful of dumbasses for sure, but also a fair number who either walked in the other direction or stood off to the side while the instigators had at it. Just me maybe, but I don't see a number close to the 19 originally cited for ejection.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
A handful of dumbasses for sure, but also a fair number who either walked in the other direction or stood off to the side while the instigators had at it. Just me maybe, but I don't see a number close to the 19 originally cited for ejection.
I would like to see the film used from above. That would show players leaving the sideline and players aggressively engaging.

Apparently as of today there's a Fairmont High School video out there. It appears the students was instructed to join the group by the JROTC student in command, but he refused. The JROTC instructor then commands him to join the squad so they can march off. The kid tells the JROTC instructor, "Man F*** that N***.." Then the student threatens to fight the instructor, swings at him, hits him and the instructor defends himself. The school needs to expel students for dangerous behavior, including breaking school rules. In order to minimize such behavior, the state will need to draft new legislation. Clearly, things are out of control.

Red Springs should’ve pleaded more kids are out for next game so they could’ve just saved there time for having to go to Clinton tomorrow. It’s their Homecoming too. It will be over by halftime.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Union County school officials announced new rules this week after the debacle of the Forest Hills/Monroe game. No bags allowed in over 6" and they must be clear. Middle school and Elementary age kids must be accompanied by parents and parents only. Ticket sales limited to prevent overcrowding like this past Friday. All ticket sells cut off at Halftime. Not sure if it will help it all but they must do something to cover their butts. Friday could have been a lot worse.

It’s sort of weird to keep bashing Monroe when there was 5 FH students and 5 Anson students involved in that brawl. It’s not right to make it seem like FH is innocent in the situation.

Reactions: btango
It’s sort of weird to keep bashing Monroe when there was 5 FH students and 5 Anson students involved in that brawl. It’s not right to make it seem like FH is innocent in the situation.
I've been going to Union County Games for a long time and the only time I've seen trouble take place off the field was against Monroe. I never said FH was innocent but it's funny how it seemed to always happen against Monroe. Plus I pulled chains for several years and the worst team to deal with on the sidelines was Monroe. From their coaches to the players to a lot people on the sidelines who hadn't nothing to do with the team including adults and kids who were in the way and shouldn't even be there.

Apparently as of today there's a Fairmont High School video out there. It appears the students was instructed to join the group by the JROTC student in command, but he refused. The JROTC instructor then commands him to join the squad so they can march off. The kid tells the JROTC instructor, "Man F*** that N***.." Then the student threatens to fight the instructor, swings at him, hits him and the instructor defends himself. The school needs to expel students for dangerous behavior, including breaking school rules. In order to minimize such behavior, the state will need to draft new legislation. Clearly, things are out of control.
Things are out of control everywhere. One need not be a rocket scientist, neurosurgeon, or genius within any other field to truly (and objectively) understand all the reasons why.

Saw one thread mention 5'3 300 pounds and fudge rounds. Now this one I guess we can definitely say "It's a darn shame what the world's coming to, for people like me and people like you" Wish we could wake up and it not be true but it is. Here in the new world with a old soul. Things are definitely getting out of control. It's sad cause its ruining Friday Night Lights tradition and football.

I've been going to Union County Games for a long time and the only time I've seen trouble take place off the field was against Monroe. I never said FH was innocent but it's funny how it seemed to always happen against Monroe. Plus I pulled chains for several years and the worst team to deal with on the sidelines was Monroe. From their coaches to the players to a lot people on the sidelines who hadn't nothing to do with the team including adults and kids who were in the way and shouldn't even be there.
Doesn’t change the fact more kids from other schools were involved than Monroe students. It was all wrong. I understand your beef with Monroe tho cause it’s not much of a rivalry anymore. Plenty of trouble has started at that McDonald’s in wingate after Monroe & FH games that were played at FH. The brawl honestly saved FH from about a 40 point plus loss.

Doesn’t change the fact more kids from other schools were involved than Monroe students. It was all wrong. I understand your beef with Monroe tho cause it’s not much of a rivalry anymore. Plenty of trouble has started at that McDonald’s in wingate after Monroe & FH games that were played at FH. The brawl honestly saved FH from about a 40 point plus loss.
There was also 8 adults involved and 4 other teens not students all from Monroe involved. You also just proved my point about it always being a problem when playing Monroe with the McDonald's reference. Never seen problems against other schools.

There was also 8 adults involved and 4 other teens not students all from Monroe involved. You also just proved my point about it always being a problem when playing Monroe with the McDonald's reference. Never seen problems against other schools.
Monroe and West Charlotte didn’t have any problems. Any other team they played nothing like that happened. You stated trouble always happen at Monroe and my example proved that wrong. It wasn’t clarified where the adults were from. Guess that butt kicking hurt your ego on here so you gotta try to paint a image on all Monroe people.

Monroe and West Charlotte didn’t have any problems. Any other team they played nothing like that happened. You stated trouble always happen at Monroe and my example proved that wrong. It wasn’t clarified where the adults were from. Guess that butt kicking hurt your ego on here so you gotta try to paint a image on all Monroe people.
Gotta love someone who joins NC Preps today to just run his mouth. No, losing to Monroe doesn't hurt my ego. I watched FH stomp Monroe for 20 plus years in big blowouts. Monroe needs to catch up on wins.

Gotta love someone who joins NC Preps today to just run his mouth. No, losing to Monroe doesn't hurt my ego. I watched FH stomp Monroe for 20 plus years in big blowouts. Monroe needs to catch up on wins.
I’ve actually been on here before. Years ago bud. We aren’t talking about 20 years ago. When was the last time FH won? Have a good day obviously you’re upset. You were the one on here hyping all your athletes. Your 3 star QB and Michigan offered WR if I recall. Admit FH is not a contender or threat. That cupcake non conference schedule will show playoff time.

I’ve actually been on here before. Years ago bud. We aren’t talking about 20 years ago. When was the last time FH won? Have a good day obviously you’re upset. You were the one on here hyping all your athletes. Your 3 star QB and Michigan offered WR if I recall. Admit FH is not a contender or threat. That cupcake non conference schedule will show playoff time.
I'm not your bud. Sounds like your ego has the problem I'm fine. 😢 😭

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT