ADVERTISEMENT

Randleman at Providence Grove (boys)

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Wow! What a thriller in Climax tonight!! PG comes back from seven points down in OT to defeat Randleman 73-72. Zane Caudle hit a basket inside for the eventual game-winner with around twenty seconds left. Tigers came down with 10 seconds left and called timeout. Tigers inbounded, got two shots at point blank range, and missed both of them. That last shot rolled and bounced around the rim for it seemed forever, before PG finally grabbed the loose ball rebound as time ran out.

The game overall was very good. PG had around a seven/eight point lead in the fourth but just couldn't shake the Tigers. Randleman made some huge shots and PG missed a pair of free throws which led to the OT.

The pivotal play in the OT was when Caudle got fouled shooting a three. He stepped up and made all three free throws which cut Randleman's lead to two. The Tigers also missed a pair of free throws during this stretch.

Luke Thomas had a monster game tonight. No one could stay in front of him. It's crazy.....a lot of times he looks like a truck with no driver while playing.......but a lot of times the truck ends up being right side up. He hit at least four threes.

For the Tigers, Lucas Gneiting and Baylor Petty had the best games. Gneiting has really impressed me as an athlete.

That was a tough one for Randleman. They actually played way better tonight than they did Monday. They also have Braylon Hayes back from injury. I hope they can sneak in......

Ironically, PG heads to Randleman Friday to face the winner of Trinity-Uwharrie. I'm still trying to catch my breath......

Last edited:
Finals are set.....

Uwharrie Charter vs. Randleman for the girls.........Uwharrie Charter vs. Providence Grove for the guys. At the roundabouts. Be there or be square.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT