ADVERTISEMENT

PLAYOFF BRACKETS FOR 2A BOYS WEST

Neal is like the spark plug of this team...where he goes...the team does.....but he has a bang up group around him....Lee plays terrific defense and can get you some points...Baggett as well is a ferocious defender and can get hot as a shooter at times....and a what a rebounder Johnson is for his size.....his vertical and hang time is insane...........Denny at times can be a force inside and is a good passer.......the 2 freshman (Neal and Harrison) are just special............I've seen a lot of great Reidsville players in my 72 plus years and these two are on another level and don't play like your typical freshman........................the season could end on Sat. but even if it does......this Ram team will go down as one of the finest...................

When the basketball season started in November, NOBODY and I mean NOBODY had Reidsville in the West Regional Championship game. Reidsville is playing with house money now, hoping for a great game on Saturday!!

Reactions: ReidsvilleRam90
When the basketball season started in November, NOBODY and I mean NOBODY had Reidsville in the West Regional Championship game. Reidsville is playing with house money now, hoping for a great game on Saturday!!

I think reidsville Fans knew we’d be in the running. It was a lot of hype around here. But the rest of the state, I agree

I think reidsville Fans knew we’d be in the running. It was a lot of hype around here. But the rest of the state, I agree
Coming off a 10-11 season, a lot depended on the newcomers. And they have delivered, beginning a couple of days after football season ended.

Robinson played powerhouse teams as well....Us being 1 of them!!! 2 Freshman averaging a combined 55 I believe??? C'mon man! Kendra Averaging 23 15 and 4 Blocks??? Dionte averaging 22 12 and 5.8 steals?? These aren't just good freshman! These are ESPN freshman!! 6'8 Harrison is the #1 TE in the nation and #40 overall football player in the 26 Class! Dionte (His little Cousin) who from what I'm hearing will get a shot at QB next season (his natural position) will be big time D1 in basketball after this season. Team CP3 will have him even better! The man leads the State in assists I think! The Way him and Kendra look for each other is RIDICULOUS!! AND Then we got role players EVERYWHERE! ONLY TEAM IM WORRIED ABOUT IS FARMVILLE CENTRAL!! But looking at their schedule they are beatable by local teams. Not just John Bosco NJ....Few close games! I am Biased! They took 1 Title from us in 19 or 20 the game after we finally beat Kinston with Dontrez Styles! Trequavion was absolutely insane! Hope his decision to stay pays off for him!! He was a automatic early 2nd last year and a possible 25-30! Any way I'm off topic now.....but..
#RAMPRIDE #YOUKNOW BLUEDEATH (I KNOW HASHYS DON'T WORK ON HERE I JUST LIKE EM)
I like the confidence but if you think LCS is coming with the mindset of not winning...you are wrong. May want to check their schedule as well. NO one, including Reidsville or Farmville, is on the same page of who they have competed with. Combine (lost by 2 after leading entire gam), Cannon, Providence Day, One of One, Concord Academy all have 5-7 D1 guys on their team. All of these teams set them up to be able to be on the top of their game come playoff time. So 2 Freshmen (D1 or not), and role players will not intimidate them at all. Been there, done that! May want to figure how to stop Burnett and Flowers before looking ahead. Both are D2, D1 players themselves. Should be fun, and Reidville may win, but LCS will be there to win I promise.

I like the confidence but if you think LCS is coming with the mindset of not winning...you are wrong. May want to check their schedule as well. NO one, including Reidsville or Farmville, is on the same page of who they have competed with. Combine (lost by 2 after leading entire gam), Cannon, Providence Day, One of One, Concord Academy all have 5-7 D1 guys on their team. All of these teams set them up to be able to be on the top of their game come playoff time. So 2 Freshmen (D1 or not), and role players will not intimidate them at all. Been there, done that! May want to figure how to stop Burnett and Flowers before looking ahead. Both are D2, D1 players themselves. Should be fun, and Reidville may win, but LCS will be there to win I promise.

Beating north surry tells me you guys are for real. This is who you wanted so I know you’re confident

I just love Reidsville athletics in general. The Championship tradition is what gets me. All kids from this small town of 22,000, has championship pedigree. They play like they are/were built to be the best in every sport. Got to respect that, got to admire that as well. Where will the game be played and what time and can we get tickets online?

Reactions: tarheel fan1
I just love Reidsville athletics in general. The Championship tradition is what gets me. All kids from this small town of 22,000, has championship pedigree. They play like they are/were built to be the best in every sport. Got to respect that, got to admire that as well. Where will the game be played and what time and can we get tickets online?
Grimsley at 2 pm Saturday. Not sure about tickets yet

I am trying to remember what you said about Robinson..........I believe it was " Robinson should have no problem except for NS or LCS". Yeah, that's the ticket! LCS better not get down by 30.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
appreciate the support but the population of Reidsville is around 14,500..............

Neal is like the spark plug of this team...where he goes...the team does.....but he has a bang up group around him....Lee plays terrific defense and can get you some points...Baggett as well is a ferocious defender and can get hot as a shooter at times....and a what a rebounder Johnson is for his size.....his vertical and hang time is insane...........Denny at times can be a force inside and is a good passer.......the 2 freshman (Neal and Harrison) are just special............I've seen a lot of great Reidsville players in my 72 plus years and these two are on another level and don't play like your typical freshman........................the season could end on Sat. but even if it does......this Ram team will go down as one of the finest...................
Only a freshman, but Neal is the best point guard to ever play for the Rams.

Always have a chance with a good point guard. Not sure what LC has at guard
They have 3 guards that are avg. 15 plus each. PG is tough, quick, smart and seasoned. He's a tough guard. And true, guard play carries in the tournament. Should be a great matchup. Not sure LCS has anyone for the big kid though, as I think he will be the determining factor. Best of luck to both teams...

Robinson played powerhouse teams as well....Us being 1 of them!!! 2 Freshman averaging a combined 55 I believe??? C'mon man! Kendra Averaging 23 15 and 4 Blocks??? Dionte averaging 22 12 and 5.8 steals?? These aren't just good freshman! These are ESPN freshman!! 6'8 Harrison is the #1 TE in the nation and #40 overall football player in the 26 Class! Dionte (His little Cousin) who from what I'm hearing will get a shot at QB next season (his natural position) will be big time D1 in basketball after this season. Team CP3 will have him even better! The man leads the State in assists I think! The Way him and Kendra look for each other is RIDICULOUS!! AND Then we got role players EVERYWHERE! ONLY TEAM IM WORRIED ABOUT IS FARMVILLE CENTRAL!! But looking at their schedule they are beatable by local teams. Not just John Bosco NJ....Few close games! I am Biased! They took 1 Title from us in 19 or 20 the game after we finally beat Kinston with Dontrez Styles! Trequavion was absolutely insane! Hope his decision to stay pays off for him!! He was a automatic early 2nd last year and a possible 25-30! Any way I'm off topic now.....but..
#RAMPRIDE #YOUKNOW BLUEDEATH (I KNOW HASHYS DON'T WORK ON HERE I JUST LIKE EM)
The freshmen for Reidsville is undoubtedly good. However, many tend to forget that they completed fours years of middle school. Yeah, they're not your typical freshmen.

Pass to me was more of a shooting guard than point...Neal at this stage as a freshman has the edge compared to Pass at the same stage.....we'll see how Neal progresses the next 3 years...........

Reactions: Mr. Transparent
The freshmen for Reidsville is undoubtedly good. However, many tend to forget that they completed fours years of middle school. Yeah, they're not your typical freshmen.
One of those middle school seasons was not played due to covid and both are young enough to still be eligible as seniors.

Pass to me was more of a shooting guard than point...Neal at this stage as a freshman has the edge compared to Pass at the same stage.....we'll see how Neal progresses the next 3 years...........
Knowing nothing about Neal, if he is as good as advertised, he won't be with Reidsville for 3 more years. Just my opinion. Both him and the other one.

Knowing nothing about Neal, if he is as good as advertised, he won't be with Reidsville for 3 more years. Just my opinion. Both him and the other one.
Hope you're wrong. I loved the year when you had Terquavion Smith, Breon Pass, Bobby Pettiford and Dontrez Styles all playing at small town 2A schools, but I realize that's rare. But transferring to a basketball factory maybe not as attractive an option for a 2-sport kid.

They play football as well. Breon pass stayed and was a big time basketball player. As of right now I don’t think it’s a play for either freshman to leave

Either way they are still division one prospects
Are they the first players to reclass in Reidsville? Wonder why the other kids do not utilize this loophole.

Last edited:

They play football as well. Breon pass stayed and was a big time basketball player. As of right now I don’t think it’s a play for either freshman to leave
I’ve seen clips of Neal, highly skilled, he can do it all, but he’s short. I think it would be wise for him to keep both options opened, just as Breon did. Who knows, just as he could end up as some school’s floor general, he could also end up as someone’s db/slot receiver. Unless, he favors basketball that much more, as Breon did, obviously.

Harrison will be way more highly recruited in football, but the interesting thing about him is, he still has time to expand his basketball game some, develop an outside game. He’s obviously athletic with his size. He’s an interesting prospect in both sports.

Last edited:
I agree. He's probably the best pure PG that Reidsville has had. However, there's been some studs that played the PG spot, for Reidsville, that were what they consider in today's game, combo guards.

I’ve seen clips of Neal, highly skilled, he can do it all, but he’s short. I think it would be wise for him to keep both options opened, just as Breon did. Who knows, just as he could up as some school’s floor general, he could also end up as someone’s db/slot receiver. Unless, he favors basketball that much more, as Breon did, obviously.

Harrison will be way more highly recruited in football, but the interesting thing about him is, he still has time to expand his basketball game some, develop an outside game. He’s obviously athletic with his size. He’s an interesting prospect in both sports.

I think they both favor basketball. When Harrison got all those football offers that obviously changed his mind and he favors f ball now

Reactions: Lion Attack
I agree. He's probably the best pure PG that Reidsville has had. However, there's been some studs that played the PG spot, for Reidsville, that were what they consider in today's game, combo guards.
There's a long list of Reidsville Ram guards who went on to play collegiate basketball: C.C. Harrison, Damon Watlington, Robert Doggett, Curtis Pass (not sure he was a guard in high school), Melvin Watkins (front court player in high school who switched to guard at Charlotte) ... I'm sure I missed some.

Are they first players to reclass in Reidsville? Wonder why the other kids doesn't utilize this loophole.
No shade, because there are always a couple of kids at pretty much every school, on every roster who has either “stayed back”, or the infamous, “my momma kept me back in 3rd grade”, so called held back. I can’t lie, though. I remember seeing a picture of Al Lee as a sophomore, and thinking to myself that there is no way this kid is a true sophomore. Kid’s mustache was as thick as Steve Harvey’s, and he was so physically imposing.

Last edited:
I’ve seen clips of Neal, highly skilled, he can do it all, but he’s short. I think it would be wise for him to keep both options opened, just as Breon did. Who knows, just as he could up as some school’s floor general, he could also end up as someone’s db/slot receiver. Unless, he favors basketball that much more, as Breon did, obviously.

Breon was not, and is not, a point guard. One of his weaknesses is he is not a particularly good ball handler. Neal can play Div I point guard right now, even thought he is maybe 5'6'' at most.
You know how basketball rosters - especially in high school - can be enhanced. He's listed at 5-9. In football, he was listed at 5-8.

Breon was not, and is not, a point guard. One of his weaknesses is he is not a particularly good ball handler. Neal can play Div I point guard right now, even thought he is maybe 5'6'' at most.
I agree, Neal is definitely a better ball handler. However, Breon was good enough to be a great ball handler at Reidsville, at that level. As for D1, probably so, not Power 5 like Pass, though. Oh and lets not forget Neal gets 90 percent of his assists off the big fella. Breon did not have that luxury.

I agree, Neal is definitely a better ball handler. However, Breon was good enough to be a great ball handler at Reidsville, at that level. As for D1, probably so, not Power 5 like Pass, though. Oh and lets not forget Neal gets 90 percent of his assists off the big fella. Breon did not have that luxury.
Breon just needs some playing time. Doesn't look like he's going to get it at NCSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT