ADVERTISEMENT

Pamlico vs. Murphy - 1A Championship

Cool, nothing said on this board is going to play any factor in how the game goes. But I can promise you that the people that actually matter: Murphy's players and coaches, go into Saturday's game with respect for Pamlico's football team. You don't make it to a title game without having a good team.

Nobody from Murphy that's posted on here has said anything negative about Pamlico or their team anyway. Murphy fans know that it will be difficult to beat a talented an athletic football team, especially with Murphy missing key people in this game.

Is Murphy ever at full strength? They made excuses about the Pisgah game and not having all their players and now they're already making excuses about this game. I know they lost their All-American running back because he'd made a bonehead move but you act like every team doesn't have injuries at this time of year

Reactions: rville20
Is Murphy ever at full strength? They made excuses about the Pisgah game and not having all their players and now they're already making excuses about this game. I know they lost their All-American running back because he'd made a bonehead move but you act like every team doesn't have injuries at this time of year
Call it what you want, we aren't talking about just any players, #32 is arguably Murphy's best player and #40 is right there with him, so yes it matters.

If you want to call it excuses then so be it. And for the record #32 and #40 are the same two players who were out most of the Pisgah game.

Glad to see that you have gotten over that A.C.Reynolds loss to Mount Tabor....That was a tough one for sure that I seen first hand, but glad to see that you're once again in that Christmas Spirit, and back to the ole' Scrooge routine of bashing Murphy at every opportunity...

Welcome back Magnum 45, and happy holidays....I'm sure that you're demeaning comments towards the Bulldogs and their fans, puts a smile on the face of a lot of their rivals, and feels them with joy...So I guess one could say that you do, afterall, bring that Holiday Happiness to some folk...lol!

I of course will always root for my Tigers when they play the Bulldogs, but I also will always root for a SMC team against any other non-conference opponent, especially one that they are meeting in the state title game, which is the case tomorrow against Pamlico County....

Stating that they'll be without their best player, is NOT making excuses when it is indeed a FACT, and I think most of the post that I've seen have stated that they still expect to contend for the title regardless of who is in the lineup...When you have the tradition of a Murphy, a Robbinsville or a Swain County, it's always been the "Next Man Up" mentality through the years that has brought them the championships that they've won, and I expect it will be the same tomorrow whether they win, or lose....

Good luck to the Bulldogs tomorrow, and may both teams leave the game Healthy and with Good Sportsmanship!

Cool, nothing said on this board is going to play any factor in how the game goes. But I can promise you that the people that actually matter: Murphy's players and coaches, go into Saturday's game with respect for Pamlico's football team. You don't make it to a title game without having a good team.

Nobody from Murphy that's posted on here has said anything negative about Pamlico or their team anyway. Murphy fans know that it will be difficult to beat a talented an athletic football team, especially with Murphy missing key people in this game.
Very well said !

Trust me Pamlico is here and we see and hear ALL.. This team is super ready wil be shock nobody but the people on the western part of the state. The disrespect for this team and conference is bad. how many conferences have two teams in the state championship. To me thats a power conference

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Trust me Pamlico is here and we see and hear ALL.. This team is super ready wil be shock nobody but the people on the western part of the state. The disrespect for this team and conference is bad. how many conferences have two teams in the state championship. To me thats a power conference
lol ok. Nobody from Murphy has disrespected Pamlico and I would say Murphy is carrying their own chip on their shoulders with their best player not being allowed to play.

True that.

SMC had two state championship winners in 2011 (Murphy and Swain). Those same two made it back to the state finals the next year too but lost. You’re playing one of those teams tomorrow.

You went way back to 2011...lol currently this conference is a power conference in the state

Not 1a, but I think Weddington and Catholic are in the same conference. To be honest I'm just to lazy to look it up.

Are you seriously talking crap? You know Murphy won the 1a title two years ago and went to the 1aa west regional final last year, right? The Dogs have won three 1a titles since 2011 and are going for number 10 overall. The SMC is the definition of a power conference. Almost 40 state titles overall.
Thump Thump Thump

Reactions: Fargo2017
There has been no disrespect toward Pamlico that I have read ! I said earlier they have some good athletes. I just think our d line is better I have watched on hutl a lot . Good luck to Pamlico I hope it’s a great game. Go Big Dogs!

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
I think you lost those 40 students this past summer cause you took another ass whipping in the 1AA last year just like 09 and 08 and 07 and 06 and 05 and 04 and 03 and 02 and 01.youVE had 10 chances and you have ten aSs whipping in 1AA.ill continue to say murphy is not that impressive when they play people their size.their record out of the wnc invitational 1A speak a for itself.good luck trophy hunting tomorrow.grow a set bulldog dad

Reactions: Magnum45
I think you lost those 40 students this past summer cause you took another ass whipping in the 1AA last year just like 09 and 08 and 07 and 06 and 05 and 04 and 03 and 02 and 01.youVE had 10 chances and you have ten aSs whipping in 1AA.ill continue to say murphy is not that impressive when they play people their size.swain only team in smc anywhere close to your numbers and you behind in that all time series as well.so finish up the wnc invitational tomorrow oh I forgot you did play alla friggin ganey.you can't hide forever in pre school billy Madison.I'm outty talk at you next year when you take that every other year mouth smacking trip to gods country

Lol go look at the championships won by Robbinsville, Swain, and Murphy. Then you’ll see a power conference.

I think you lost those 40 students this past summer cause you took another ass whipping in the 1AA last year just like 09 and 08 and 07 and 06 and 05 and 04 and 03 and 02 and 01.youVE had 10 chances and you have ten aSs whipping in 1AA.ill continue to say murphy is not that impressive when they play people their size.swain only team in smc anywhere close to your numbers and you behind in that all time series as well.so finish up the wnc invitational tomorrow oh I forgot you did play alla friggin ganey.you can't hide forever in pre school billy Madison.I'm outty talk at you next year when you take that every other year mouth smacking trip to gods country
That’s alright Murphy gave Swain an ass whipping, too.

Ha Ha. Boy you really burnt me Keyuga. You did good. I'm proud of you. That was pretty good for someone who cant count to ten. Hey here's some advice, no box wine and posting online. Your jealousy is undeniable and runs rampant after a few drinks bud. Ttyl, I hope you sleep good I got to get to bed. Gotta get up early and do a little Christmas shopping before the game tomorrow.

Well I could be wrong wouldn't be the first time. But I don't know any score but I believe Murphy will win. And I am not disrespecting the Pamilco team I don't really know much about them unlike others I haven't seen any film. But I just believe if Maxprep listed the roster correctly Pamlico has size disavange on the line and I just don't believe a non passing team can beat Murphy and that Murphy being without #32 & #40 not at full strength that Murphy may just slow this game down with their bigger line and try to keep Pamlico O off the field for long periods of time. This may be a low scoring game. Good luck to both teams, I pray there are no injuries , that everyone plays with good sportsmanship and that both the schools staff , kids and fans all have good time and safe travels.

Good luck to both teams, but as I have mentioned before, once the Mountaineers are at home..... Go SMC. Continue your dominance over 1a ball.

Looking for a low scoring ball control game and as Old Mountaineer has said I think the Murphy line will be the difference.

Go Mountaineers

Good luck to both teams, but as I have mentioned before, once the Mountaineers are at home..... Go SMC. Continue your dominance over 1a ball.

Looking for a low scoring ball control game and as Old Mountaineer has said I think the Murphy line will be the difference.

Go Mountaineers
Go Dogs it’s game day ! time to bring another Championship back to the mountains!!

Well I could be wrong wouldn't be the first time. But I don't know any score but I believe Murphy will win. And I am not disrespecting the Pamilco team I don't really know much about them unlike others I haven't seen any film. But I just believe if Maxprep listed the roster correctly Pamlico has size disavange on the line and I just don't believe a non passing team can beat Murphy and that Murphy being without #32 & #40 not at full strength that Murphy may just slow this game down with their bigger line and try to keep Pamlico O off the field for long periods of time. This may be a low scoring game. Good luck to both teams, I pray there are no injuries , that everyone plays with good sportsmanship and that both the schools staff , kids and fans all have good time and safe travels.

What they lack in size, they make up with speed and grit. Regardless, #8 doesn’t need much of a hole to do his damage. Key for Pamlico is to stay ahead of the chains and avoid 2nd/3rd and long. If they take care of the football and avoid penalties, they should be in at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT