ADVERTISEMENT

Our politics in NC

The association should ignore the request. Roberto De Vincenzo once lost a Master’s because he made a mistake on his scorecard and that’s always been a rule in golf.
But one state senator does not “the legislature” or even his own party make. We all know how this happens: the kid’s parents reach out to their state rep who promises to make a few calls, part of the job of a legislator is to do constituent work, even if it goes nowhere. Now that that’s all done the NCHSAA can move on, and they should.
Isnt this part of the larger problem now. The default position has become if you dont like the results you just call the process fraudulent or unfair. Then if you dont get the result you like you try to legislate or try the legal system. Lastly, when the legal system doesnt give you the result you want you go back to its fraudulent and unfair.

Isnt this part of the larger problem now. The default position has become if you dont like the results you just call the process fraudulent or unfair. Then if you dont get the result you like you try to legislate or try the legal system. Lastly, when the legal system doesnt give you the result you want you go back to its fraudulent and unfair.
As near as I can tell no one tried to “legislate” in this or even sue. People reach out to the elected representatives every day to see if they can help them with a problem. The rep might look into it, make a few phone calls and then report back that there is nothing he can do. People do this all the time with things that are far more important than a golf tournament and it’s part of what elected officials are supposed to do. You’re right that we need to learn to accept bad outcomes and learn from them, but people are equally free to ask their reps if anything can be done (you never know). The association should say no, and that should be the end of it.

According to the article, the senator didn’t just look into it. He issued a statement asking the association to ignore the rule. Big difference. Certainly it’s a legislator’s job to provide accurate information to his or her constituent. But it’s not their job to advocate for rules to be ignored. One of the fundamental skills an elected official needs to cultivate is the ability to say no, whether to fellow legislators, lobbyists or even constituents.

According to the article, the senator didn’t just look into it. He issued a statement asking the association to ignore the rule. Big difference. Certainly it’s a legislator’s job to provide accurate information to his or her constituent. But it’s not their job to advocate for rules to be ignored. One of the fundamental skills an elected official needs to cultivate is the ability to say no, whether to fellow legislators, lobbyists or even constituents.
And the association is free to ignore that statement, nothing actionable has been done. This is all still a nothing burger. It’s his job to represent the interests of his constituents to state agencies, but that doesn’t mean he will get the result they want.
A few years ago a Freedom football team was disqualified from the state playoffs because of a fight in the next to last game .it was the right thing to do even though only four or five kids were involved. But saying “hey could you reconsider” is nothing. The NCHSAA governs high school sports, let them say no.

Reactions: BK13T-$
What do you think is going to happen when they say no? It's going go be the new norm. And seriously of every call and email they get daily, this is the hill they want to die on?

Next up we'll have a coach that gets suspended for cussing an official and Representatives calling it malarkey because he's a good man that sits in a church pew on Sundays. They're going to keep pushing and probing.

• Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$
And the association is free to ignore that statement, nothing actionable has been done. This is all still a nothing burger. It’s his job to represent the interests of his constituents to state agencies, but that doesn’t mean he will get the result they want.
A few years ago a Freedom football team was disqualified from the state playoffs because of a fight in the next to last game .it was the right thing to do even though only four or five kids were involved. But saying “hey could you reconsider” is nothing. The NCHSAA governs high school sports, let them say no.
They shouldn’t have to say no to a state senator simply because they are enforcing the rules of a sport. It’s this kind of “but the rules don’t apply to me or my constituents“ that started this whole fiasco of constant interference by the legislature into matters that shouldn’t concern them. But they are bound and determined to control everything in North Carolina. The party of small government. Yeah, right.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
The rules?

Like girl sports are for girls.
Don't hear yunz talking down about democrats being for that.
Hypocrite is a word that comes to mind.

Reactions: 91ths
You guys are the ones making this more than it is. So far the rep made a statement, there’s no indication that the association took any action based on it. Representatives can do many things at once, making a statement is a minor thing and it is small government. Making law is big government, because laws can’t be ignored. The association can ignore this and there is no harm done.

So I’m a hypocrite but you have no idea how I feel on the issue. So here it is.

I believe high school sports should be played according to a person’s birth gender. And I really haven’t seen many Democrats saying otherwise.

But what I find hypocritical is saying you believe in small government but wanting to decide every issue even if it shouldn’t be a legislative matter. The “I don’t give a damn about anybody else as long as I’m not inconvenienced”. The personal choice and responsibility option without acknowledging that most people are selfish and not at all responsible except to their own interests.

The current majority party in North Carolina are taking that hypocrisy to a whole new level. And remember, some of them are my friends and I voted for some of them. I can be fooled too.

So I’m a hypocrite but you have no idea how I feel on the issue. So here it is.

I believe high school sports should be played according to a person’s birth gender. And I really haven’t seen many Democrats saying otherwise.

But what I find hypocritical is saying you believe in small government but wanting to decide every issue even if it shouldn’t be a legislative matter. The “I don’t give a damn about anybody else as long as I’m not inconvenienced”. The personal choice and responsibility option without acknowledging that most people are selfish and not at all responsible except to their own interests.

The current majority party in North Carolina are taking that hypocrisy to a whole new level. And remember, some of them are my friends and I voted for some of them. I can be fooled too.
If this is directed at me I defy you to point out where I ever called you, or anyone else a “hypocrite”. What I said was that you guys are blowing this out of proportion. I don’t see any problem with making a statement on behalf of your constituents if you are an elected official. It’s the kind of thing that will help you do good community relations, without having to be coercive. I never once mentioned the gender issue, so I assume you are combining what I’ve said with what someone else did.

If this is directed at me I defy you to point out where I ever called you, or anyone else a “hypocrite”. What I said was that you guys are blowing this out of proportion. I don’t see any problem with making a statement on behalf of your constituents if you are an elected official. It’s the kind of thing that will help you do good community relations, without having to be coercive. I never once mentioned the gender issue, so I assume you are combining what I’ve said with what someone else did.
Sorry. No. I just posted about the same time you did. I was responding to a poster who apparently thinks I’m a hypocrite. Had not even seen your post.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
What do you think is going to happen when they say no? It's going go be the new norm. And seriously of every call and email they get daily, this is the hill they want to die on?

Next up we'll have a coach that gets suspended for cussing an official and Representatives calling it malarkey because he's a good man that sits in a church pew on Sundays. They're going to keep pushing and probing.
That’s funny, I can’t even think how many times a usp is called or kids kicked out and I am told he is an honor student, Eagle Scout, front row church sitter.

That’s funny, I can’t even think how many times a usp is called or kids kicked out and I am told he is an honor student, Eagle Scout, front row church sitter.

Amazing at how going to church or being anything you mentioned excuses crappy behavior isn't it?

Are you really ok with a male saying he is a girl competing against girls in sports.It’s a simple question. There is nothing political about it. When you make choices in life there are consequences. So if that’s the life you choose to live there may be things you don’t get to do. In NC you have already had a female athlete get hurt from a boy playing on a girls team in Volleyball.

Personally I think it's a Title IX issue that I am really surprised has not been addressed but also we'll note the Supreme Court recently kicked a case in West Virginia related to a trans female running track.

If and when NC passes this law the way it's worded now it's also going to go to the Supreme Court and my guess is it will be more related to the wrestling provision which will be in violation of Title IX.

Stop the gerrymandering on both sides of the aisle, right now our politicians are picking their voters, not the voters picking who represents them. Why not simply use existing county line for our maps vs carving out neighborhoods of voters likely to vote your way every election? Now the NC supreme court blessed this type of map drawing, we will really not have a true vote in who represents us.
You, Sir, NAILED it!!!!!

What exactly is being done to address the mental health issue? Look at politicians attacking every single thing trying to be done about it. Look at the policiticians that won't give schools resources to help address it. Look at the politicians that block red flag laws. And don't tell me they'd get the gun anyway. Almost every single mass shooter has gone to their local gun shop and purchased whatever they want days before committing the heinous act. There have been red flags in everyone one of these cases and nothing has been done to get out in front of it and the only solution is "more guns" because Republicans don't have the balls to stand up to Wayne Lapierre because they don't want to lose that money and voting base.

One day it's going to hit close to home, and when it does alot of mindsets will be changed.

Also why do we need access to tactical gear and large capacity magazines?
You, Sir, NAILED it too!!!!!

Two things will happen in North Carolina in the next 10-20 years. More and more people are fed up with party politics. And as the unaffiliated voter group continues to grow, there will be a movement to create an easier pathway for unaffiliated voters to get on the ballot and run for office.
The second thing that will follow the first is that an independent commission will be responsible for redistricting.
Only then will we have a political system where the needs of the state’s residents come first.

Two things will happen in North Carolina in the next 10-20 years. More and more people are fed up with party politics. And as the unaffiliated voter group continues to grow, there will be a movement to create an easier pathway for unaffiliated voters to get on the ballot and run for office.
The second thing that will follow the first is that an independent commission will be responsible for redistricting.
Only then will we have a political system where the needs of the state’s residents come first.

I certainly hope you are correct. It is an uphill battle though and right now I feel we are on the verge of going somewhere in which we can't come back from in our life times.

Reactions: mtnpack and ref4e
How would you feel if Josh Stein came out and said all Christians are maggots and what cows crap out? You and every other Republican would lose your mind.

Enough of this dehumanizing in politics!

I forget though, because people sit in church and shout amen, it gives them the right to be scumbags.

Reactions: AmosAlonzoStagg
Man I am so sorry I started this thread could the moderator please delete this thread. To all the posters on here I am sorry for posting this thread. In the future I will stick to just football.

Man I am so sorry I started this thread could the moderator please delete this thread. To all the posters on here I am sorry for posting this thread. In the future I will stick to just football.
No need to apologize sammyk. Unfortunately, politics are very integrated into high school athletics. Hard to separate them.

Nothing to be sorry for. Politics are engrained in everything unfortunately, and now the NCGA has decided to stick them into athletics and people need to be aware of what the politicians they are voting for are doing. And while people will say they are informed, most certainly are not.

lol!
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 91ths
The hateful rhetoric is swinging both ways. No reason to call one side out if you don't call out the other. This thread is just like today's political environment. Tribalism at its best and everybody runs back to their corners. There can be no arena of debate when as soon as you express an opinion, you are evil.

Reactions: 97Cougar
There is a big difference in hateful rhetoric and dehumanizing rhetoric. They're not the same and it's time to stop acting like they are. I don't see Lt. Governors calling straight people or Republicans what cows poop out and maggots and flies. Even worse is the amount of dehumanizing rhetoric going on from people sitting in church pews on Sundays while wearing that as a badge of honor.

There is a big difference in hateful rhetoric and dehumanizing rhetoric. They're not the same and it's time to stop acting like they are. I don't see Lt. Governors calling straight people or Republicans what cows poop out and maggots and flies. Even worse is the amount of dehumanizing rhetoric going on from people sitting in church pews on Sundays while wearing that as a badge of honor.
Ok you are full of crap. Christians right now are being singled out in this country as bad people right now. They want even release the manifesto of the Nashville shooter who targeted a Christian School. If you have Christian beliefs on some of the issues you are called a White Nationalist. The last time I checked Christians are of all races. You need to stop the the DNC talking points.

Ok you are full of crap. Christians right now are being singled out in this country as bad people right now. They want even release the manifesto of the Nashville shooter who targeted a Christian School. If you have Christian beliefs on some of the issues you are called a White Nationalist. The last time I checked Christians are of all races. You need to stop the the DNC talking points.

Then stop supporting hateful people with your vote. People want to complain about church pews being empty but refuse to acknowledge why. I mean look at the Christian men's retreat where they had American flags flying everywhere and had a dang tank with some clown dressed like Chuck Norris wielding rifles. What's Christian about that? Why are people marching through the streets with the Patriot Front hiding their faces? Why do you think they are hiding? It's not because they're afraid of being accused what they actually are.

I'm not saying the democrats don't have hateful people but no one is creating bills trying to persecute Christians or stop them from practicing their religion.

If you want Christians to quit being billed as such, then stand up to the people spreading hate withing your own confinments and teach the love of Jesus instead. Start sending better people to office. I'm trying to do the same. We all should be.

Last edited:
Then stop supporting hateful people with your vote. People want to complain about church pews being empty but refuse to acknowledge why. I mean look at the Christian men's retreat where they had American flags flying everywhere and had a dang tank with some clown dressed like Chuck Norris wielding rifles. What's Christian about that? Why are people marching through the streets with the Patriot Front hiding their faces? Why do you think they are hiding? It's not because they're afraid of being accused what they actually are.

I'm not saying the democrats don't have hateful people but no one is creating bills trying to persecute Christians or stop them from practicing their religion.

If you want Christians to quit being billed as such, then stand up to the people spreading hate withing your own confinments and teach the love of Jesus instead. Start sending better people to office. I'm trying to do the same. We all should be.
Ok I was going to let it die but did you really compare Patriot Front to Christians. I wish I could play Joe Rogan clip talking about Patriot Front.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
Oh while we are at it, Florida just passed a bill allowing doctors and insurance to deny care and claims based on relgious, ethical, and moral obligations. More good Christian behavior.

Oh while we are at it, Florida just passed a bill allowing doctors and insurance to deny care and claims based on relgious, ethical, and moral obligations. More good Christian behavior.
But you didn’t mind Doctors denying life saving surgeries or treatment to people who weren’t vaccinated for Covid which has now been proven not to be that great of a vaccine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT