ADVERTISEMENT

Our politics in NC

I wish Western North Carolina could break off from the rest of the state.

I'm not talking football.

None of the teams near me was in the wnchsaa
Well if that happened then Asheville would be the capital of whatever state that would be lets call it Hillsavania. I am sure you would not like that either

Reactions: ocdavis31
Stop the gerrymandering on both sides of the aisle, right now our politicians are picking their voters, not the voters picking who represents them. Why not simply use existing county line for our maps vs carving out neighborhoods of voters likely to vote your way every election? Now the NC supreme court blessed this type of map drawing, we will really not have a true vote in who represents us.

Last edited:
Congratulations, you would live in the poorest state in the country! Only so much natural beauty can overcome.

Does Poorest means worst to you? I've been to a lot of places. Most better off than here but I wouldn't pick any of those places over WNC.
I guess it depends on what makes you happy.

If you value money over clean creeks, rivers and lakes down east is for you.
If you value nature and dense Mtn territory, and low cost of living this is the place to be.
I never run out of things to do.

General Assembly: We believe that every student should be able to pick which charter school to go to.

Also General Assembly: We do not believe that the charter schools should be able to contend for state championships since they are recruiting the same students that we allow to attend there.

Stop the gerrymandering on both sides of the aisle, right now our politicians are picking their voters, not the voters picking who represents them. Why not simply use existing county line for our maps vs carving out neighborhoods of voters likely to vote your way every election? Now the NC supreme court blessed this type of map drawing, we will really not have a true vote in who represents us.

Problem with county lines is population. Mecklenburg County has 1.2 million people. Graham County has a little over 8,000. So it wouldn't be equitable. However the lines should be more distinct and should be drawn to represent as competitive of a district as possible. Republicans are the lowest number of registered voters in the state now, yet their party holds all the power.

Democratic: 2,410,690
Republican: 2,191,855
Unaffiliated: 2,598,352

2.6 million voters almost have enough common sense to not fall in line with a party. Republicans better hope young people stay home or their days are numbered. This game they're playing right now isn't going to fly.

Oh I did not vote these clowns In. All of these anti public education politicians no way
If you voted for a Democrat or a Republican you're part of the problem. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!! They keep us arguing over small ticket bullshit items & we stay divided arguing which team we're on... are you on the blue team or the red team? Meanwhile they continue to steal from us and keep us at each others throats while they get rich and laugh at us idiots. Then you come on here bashing on a group as if the other group will fix anything if they were in power. The fantasy is they have tricked you into thinking you have a choice and a voice in any of this. We've had full on republicans in charge and we've had full on democrats in charge. What changed???? Absolutely nothing and if you think it did you are BRAINWASHED. Its time we wake up and fire everyone and get rid of the 2 party system which is ran by the world elites big business big pharma and big tech.

Sorry you wanted a political post so I had to give mine 2 cents

If you voted for a Democrat or a Republican you're part of the problem. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!! They keep us arguing over small ticket bullshit items & we stay divided arguing which team we're on... are you on the blue team or the red team? Meanwhile they continue to steal from us and keep us at each others throats while they get rich and laugh at us idiots. Then you come on here bashing on a group as if the other group will fix anything if they were in power. The fantasy is they have tricked you into thinking you have a choice and a voice in any of this. We've had full on republicans in charge and we've had full on democrats in charge. What changed???? Absolutely nothing and if you think it did you are BRAINWASHED. Its time we wake up and fire everyone and get rid of the 2 party system which is ran by the world elites big business big pharma and big tech.

Sorry you wanted a political post so I had to give mine 2 cents
Left wing and right wing are on the same bird in the end ………

From???? I am against transgender boys competing aganst girls but what is the sample space here. How much is this/has this gone on in NC ????? So is there really a "Need" to protect them???? If so then OK pass the law on it and move on. Other than that get back to fixing roads/bridges ect

• Haha
Reactions: CherokeeKid
Kinda like when the Democrats say they are going ban ARs. It just to get the base out of bed to vote.
Truth be told it's very unlikely they would ban ARs and if they did it would only be a manufactured ban. They would stop making them. They will never take the ones in public hands. Just like in the 90s. The millions of ARs will still be here and last for a 100 years.
It's a ploy.

So you think it's a smoke screen even if it's actually passed?

Kinda like when the Democrats say they are going ban ARs. It just to get the base out of bed to vote.
Truth be told it's very unlikely they would ban ARs and if they did it would only be a manufactured ban. They would stop making them. They will never take the ones in public hands. Just like in the 90s. The millions of ARs will still be here and last for a 100 years.
It's a ploy.
So we are all clear what side of the isle you are on. I mean we can all point out ploys from both sides if you would like. And then my question would be how does that help?????????????????????????

It's a ploy.

How many mass shootings were in the 90s when there was a ban? How many mass shootings are in England? Why didn't a good guy with a gun in Texas(the gun mecca of the world) stop the Texas mall shooter?

There is a huge difference here. People are being slaughtered daily. The number of transgender athletes is trivial but you've been convinced it's much more important than stopping mass shootings and gun violence because someone made you afraid you'll lose the right to own a pew pew.

Seriously it's time the ones in charge focus on something meaningful and stop fear mongering people.

Last edited:
I don't think I will lose my right.

It's not more important I agree.
The solution doesn't make sense.

Another law or ban that will do nothing.

The ban was 25 years ago. Different times now.

How many mass shootings were in the 90s when there was a ban? How many mass shootings are in England? Why didn't a good guy with a gun in Texas(the gun mecca of the world) stop the Texas mall shooter?

There is a huge difference here. People are being slaughtered daily. The number of transgender athletes is trivial but you've been convinced it's much more important than stopping mass shootings and gun violence because someone made you afraid you'll lose the right to own a pew pew.
Here's a chart, though I suppose it would vary according to what is termed a "mass shooting". Curiously the year with the highest number in this chart between 1982, when it begins, and 2012, when the number took off, was in 2000-right in the middle of the "ban". In any event, the number didn't immediately skyrocket when the ban sunsetted in 2004 and the fact that it took off in 2012 seems to point to other variables influencing the increase.
Regarding the so-called "assault weapons ban" from 1994-2004 I bought an AR that didn't have a bayonet lug or a flash suppressor but was otherwise an "assault rifle" in the late 90s. It has a detachable magazine and you can change the stock with a kit. The "ban" was mostly about cosmetic variables, look up the law.
None of this changes the fact that almost half of homicides in the U.S. are committed with a handgun-45.7%. Rifles, of all types, account for only 2.6%. More people are killed with hands, fists or feet than rifles. https://www.criminalattorneycolumbus.com/which-weapons-are-most-commonly-used-for-homicides/

Not so fast

Well I'm from Graham County.
80% chance that I'm a conservative.
Ok I can tell by how you post as well. You can be from Durham county for all I know but again doing this back and forth how does that help?????????????

Congratulations, you continue being blinded by smoke screen of rage fed to you by people that aren't actually interested in being productive.
I feel strongly that this one item the legislature has correct. The WORLD tiptoes around this to not hurt feelings or to avoid the backlash by people who seem to be a bit oblivious to athletic competition.

I have always been a supporter of girls/womens sports as I think sports participation is a strong component of making better opportunites for young people. The question by some seems to be are we taking opportunities from an extremely small percentage of the population.

Look at the transgender women (that is when a male transitions to a female) that compete in sports whether it is weightlifting, cycling, track, volleyball, rugby, or swimming.

Que Tucker told me directly when the NCHSAA implemented this ruling that high school girls had no issue with trans females playing or competing with them. I told her to wait until someone was injured due to contact or lost a title or trophy to a trans athlete and we could revisit the conversation but at that point the non trans athlete would have lost out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT