ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA WRESTLING THREAD

The Hyde kid for Robbinsville was at Murphy last year. None of the Murphy coaches went to state with him. The Robbinsville coaches was in his corner and now he's at Robbinsville. Can't say I blame him.

Reactions: RealStihl and mhs95
The Hyde kid for Robbinsville was at Murphy last year. None of the Murphy coaches went to state with him. The Robbinsville coaches was in his corner and now he's at Robbinsville. Can't say I blame him.
Can’t figure out why the SMC doesn’t get behind the sport more. The conference is built for wrestling and could produce several quality teams like in football. Guess they will continue to play round ball when they could get more for their investment in wrestling.

Mountain 6 conference

1. Pisgah no doubt

Who's 2nd?
East Hendo? Franklin?
I'm not real familiar with wrestling in this conference. One thing I do know is Pisgah is good and Franklin only forfeit one match. 106. If I'm not mistaken that's a unusual for Franklin to have a near full team.

Reactions: RealStihl
SMC middle school results

Robbinsville 473
Everyone else 42.

Mountain 6 conference

1. Pisgah no doubt

Who's 2nd?
East Hendo? Franklin?
I'm not real familiar with wrestling in this conference. One thing I do know is Pisgah is good and Franklin only forfeit one match. 106. If I'm not mistaken that's a unusual for Franklin to have a near full team.
East beat Franklin in a dual tournament 51-24. East will push Pisgah in a few weights but can't beat them. Hopefully we see a Pisgah / Robbinsville dual at some point. Pisgah doesn't like scheduling Robbinsville much. I think last year was the first time in several years with Robbinsville winning a close one. Maybe they meet at the Enka duals or Devil Duals.

I think Pisgah and Robbinsville will be 1 / 2 at the Falcon this weekend. I am leaning Robbinsville right now.

After watching some middle school matches and seeing that Avery loses alot I'm thinking Robbinsville could be the dual team favorite in the west by the end of next season.

After watching some middle school matches and seeing that Avery loses alot I'm thinking Robbinsville could be the dual team favorite in the west by the end of next season.
Nope Robbinsville might actually lose more proven wrestlers. Avery will still be in the drivers seat. They might not have as much fire power but still will have more hammers. This is just the list of what each school will bring back based on previous finals appearances.

Avery – All underclassman that have made a final already with current grade.
Ben Jordan - SO
Grant Reese - SO
Triston Adams - JR
Seth Blackledge - JR

Cooper Foster – Freshman probably going to win 106 this year. They also have a few other freshman getting wins this season

Robbinsville –
Kage Williams – SO
At this time no other underclassman has made the podium.

Alexis Panama – SO Probably would have placed last year if he completed the season. The Ville will be in major rebuilding mode next season. They have some potential in the current freshman class but none are at podium level yet and neither are the MS kids, granted they are way better than the SMC kids.

Nope Robbinsville might actually lose more proven wrestlers. Avery will still be in the drivers seat. They might not have as much fire power but still will have more hammers. This is just the list of what each school will bring back based on previous finals appearances.

Ben Jordan - SO
Grant Reese - SO
Triston Adams - JR
Seth Blackledge - JR

Cooper Foster – Freshman probably going to win 106 this year. They also have a few other freshman getting wins this season

Robbinsville –
Kage Williams – SO

Alexis Panama – SO Probably would have placed last year if he completed the season. The Ville will be in major rebuilding mode next season. They have some potential in the current freshman class but none are at podium level yet and neither are the MS kids, granted they are way better than the SMC kids.
They have a kid name FR Kenneth Pritz that might be good. Mason Bentley is a FR and the kid Grayson Hoilman is a FR.

Ben Jordan - SO
Grant Reese - SO
Triston Adams - JR
Seth Blackledge - JR

Robbinsville –
Kage Williams – SO

You find out this weekend

Robbinsville sends 7 to the finals. Should of been 8. Match after match the score keepers had the score or clock wrong. Avery Phillips was going for his 2nd upset in the semifinals in overtime when he got the takedown at the start of overtime. The clock was never started so Phillips didn't get take down and got took down and lost after restarting the overtime round. Falcon Frenzy needs to do better.

Little Fink lost in semifinal. Got pinned with 30 seconds remaining in the match. She was winning 5-4

What’s going on with Averys lineup? Several are missing today. Miss weight? Hurt?

What’s going on with Averys lineup? Several are missing today. Miss weight? Hurt?
Hurt. They lost 2 Duals matches Brandys 34-37 yesterday and Langstown,Va 33-35 today. Wrestling a lot young kids.

Robbinsville and Fred T Foard coming up Thursday. How big of a upset would it be for Robbinsville to win this one?

@thekidd12 any wrestling updates from ER? I haven't saw any dual scores from them.
They still trying to get kinks worked out. Coach works hard but has to get everyone to buy in. Has a few he hopes by end of year will be surprising to people.
Coach is a committed driven young man just has to get program headed back to where it once was.

They still trying to get kinks worked out. Coach works hard but has to get everyone to buy in. Has a few he hopes by end of year will be surprising to people.
Coach is a committed driven young man just has to get program headed back to where it once was.
That sounds good. Wrestling can be slow to build but it is the best supplemental sport to make you better at any other sport you play.

That sounds good. Wrestling can be slow to build but it is the best supplemental sport to make you better at any other sport you play.
I agree somewhat. I always told people baseball was because you had to run, throw, catch and hit.
Always felt like if you could do three of the four you could play any other sport.
I will try and post when I can about ER.

Robbinsville Probably lost when fink got pinned at 106 after leading in points to FTF

Robbinsville leads going into the semi
We still have 8 going into the semis.

Robbinsville 106
Maryville 84
East Hendo 81
Enka 66
Dorman 64
Science Hill 63.5
Newton Conover 62
CATA 61
Swain 61
Pisgah 49

Robbinsville 106
Maryville 84
East Hendo 81
Enka 66
Dorman 64
Science Hill 63.5
Newton Conover 62
CATA 61
Swain 61
Pisgah 49
Nowell will have a stud in the finals. Really good chance for to show something.He has 3 time state champion Kyle Montaperto

Robbinsville 106
Maryville 84
East Hendo 81
Enka 66
Dorman 64
Science Hill 63.5
Newton Conover 62
CATA 61
Swain 61