ADVERTISEMENT

NC Preps Pre-Season Coaches Poll

Not taking anything away from WRH or JK.... but isn't it telling that they are 2AA schools playing 1AA against schools that are borderline 1A? They are talented not doubt. But if you are making your bones beating up on schools much smaller than you shouldn't you just win and keep the hoopla level down. Robbinsville would have lost by 2 TDs to West Montgomery. It's the same ol' blah blah blah every year from R'ville. Step up and play someone out of the mountains. And don't even start about how many kids you have that benefit from the liberal attendance policy there. Apples to Apples WM is the best legitimate 1AA team in the state this year. WM will be 1AA next year if not 1A. WRH and JK are both moving up at LEAST one classification to 2A. Most likely 2AA. Robbinsville will continue to run rampant over schools with 200 kids while cherry picking the top local talent. Be proud Knights. Be proud.

I bet you felt the same way when Albemarle and T-Ville was running rampant over the 1AA. WM is legit no doubt.....but your just mad that WM hasn't won a SC....Albemarle has 5 T-Ville 7 or 8 and Robbinsville 10 toes and a middle finger.....

And Albemarle will not be shutting down next year...please believe. Why would they shut down after investing over 300,000 in STEM classes to be implemented....crazy.

To all my good friend at WM hope this is your year for a SC. Hope you win all your games except one. lol. You need to make it happen while you have this good run of talent and a great coach. That want always be the case. Like Albemarle you'll also need a little or a lot of luck in the playoffs. In 01 we just barely got by Thomasviile in the playoffs and in 09 we barely beat Murphy and Swain. I will be pulling for you guys in the playoffs since we aren't a threat to each other. So good luck to WM and Albemarle in 2015. Lets bring it home guys. Go Dogs!

Much respect for Robbinsville from me BlackCat. Don't worry, I got jumped on the other day and told one of my posts was embarrassing to the program. Go figure. I'll admit it, the last few years our conference has been down and it has hurt us when it matters the most. Maybe overconfidence sets in, IDK. I don't think that will be an issue this year with this group of kids and a large senior class, but we'll see. Best of luck in the SMC this year. Still has my respect as the best 1A conference in the state.
Thanks WMFF. Best of luck to you and your Warriors this season as well.

BD Do you even know anything about Robbinsville? How can you say they beat up on sub.500 teams and can't beat legit teams when they went 16-0 last year? Don't be butt hurt just because WM can't win the big game. Some teams are champions and some teams just dream about being champions. Robbinsville doesn't cherry pick from local talent haha! That's the funniest stuff I have ever heard on here. They are lucky if they can field a team of 30 a year

Cue Robbinsville........ They wouldn't make it past the 2nd round of a 16 team 1A & 1AA playoff combination. They beat up on the sub .500 teams, get their tails kicked by legit teams but crow louder than any on this board. Too bad they'll always have all of those titles to hang on to... competition has rendered them a non factor in modern high school football. Also, wasn't it a Robbinsville fan clamoring for the Western NC teams to abandon the NCHSAA and create their "own" champion??? LOL...... what a bunch of whiners....
I certainly have no love lost for Robbinsville, but the fact of the matter is they would've beat every team in 1AA last season minus Wallace Rose-Hill and James Kenan, and they would've at least given both of them a good game.

I know they lost Manning. Other than that I'm not sure whos returning.....
They also lost most of the front lineman, young up front, with good size. Have a lot of speed on offense, QB Carr returns. Defensively should be better with 2 all state linebackers returning. Only 12 seniors on team. Young players are solid and have time to learn the system during non conference games. Should be in the conversation by playoff time.

There's a cycle of talent that runs through Duplin Co every 7-10 where that talent level is off the charts. We are in the middle-the Apex of that cycle right now....JK and WRH are only miles apart but the talent level is at the Championship level at both schools for the next 3 years....Most think it will be WRH's year with the Talent and speed they have returning-I think so too.....But JK will be in the hunt and I would not sleep on them at all....the State champion will have to beat one of them barring unforeseen injuries....

Its a great time to love football in Duplin Co!

Go Bulldogs!!!

We have this saying in Wallace-steel sharpens steel...WRH made JK stronger, JK/WRH made SW stronger, SW made JK stronger, JK made WRH stronger, last year Clinton gave WRH a wake up call (a good ice kicking) and prepared them for a Eastern final war with JK----

JK and WRH are making each other tougher----with a lot of help from those Clinton Darkhorses...they all will be battle tested come playoff time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT