ADVERTISEMENT

My Breakdown of what 8 Classes Could be if they'd quit playing around

I also think it's deceitful to portray how difficult it is by having them do this with one county. Obviously, only having one county to pull from would be more difficult than having a 3 county area to pull from. They gave them a box of noodles and water to make an italian dish to show how hard it is when they themselves have sauce, meat, spices, and bread at their disposal.

It's a slight of hand against a group of people who've never done it...or at least only dabbled a little.
How about the Surry / Yadkin / Wilkes / Stokes schools?

Spring meeting for NCHSAA happens in a few weeks. Realignment is the big ticket item...but here are some other items they'll discuss that I found interesting:

New eligibility rules from the State Board of Education

Changing the RPI formula used for the state playoffs

Delaying the start of the spring sports season

Eliminate the early start to the basketball season for schools that do not play football

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Spring meeting for NCHSAA happens in a few weeks. Realignment is the big ticket item...but here are some other items they'll discuss that I found interesting:

New eligibility rules from the State Board of Education

Changing the RPI formula used for the state playoffs

Delaying the start of the spring sports season

Eliminate the early start to the basketball season for schools that do not play football
I definitely don't like the ideal of referee body cameras

I don't even know the last time I've seen a ref get stuff thrown at them. 🤣. Words aren't gonna harm you lol

They voted to go the big 32 route
In all seriousness. Why? What benefit does a classification of 32 bring?

Also I read that 24-28 teams will make the playoffs in 8A? So 4 teams aren't invited? Why not have all 32 make it then? The difference between 32 and 28 is probably negligible.

SMH.

Reactions: beamer24

Also I read that 24-28 teams will make the playoffs in 8A? So 4 teams aren't invited? Why not have all 32 make it then? The difference between 32 and 28 is probably negligible.

SMH.
Valid questions. I thought the same thing.

SMH.
My 2 cents:

1. The big schools will get what they want at the end of the day. They play the greater amount of sports and bring in the most revenue. If they want a 32 team class...they'll get it or they'll leave the NCHSAA and create their own athletic association while possibly bringing in more schools than just 32.

2. Playoffs - Playoffs will most likely be 5 weeks, 32 is the perfect number for 5 weeks and what all other classifications will most likely get, but if all 32 make it that's extremely unfair to all other classifications...so the next best option is 28...but that's even unfair within 8A itself if the east/west split is 17/15 or anything other than an even split...that leaves the next best option (and my proposal) of 24 teams and seeds 1-4 getting a first round bye.

Nothing will be perfect. Not everyone will be happy. But the alternative is sometimes worse than what you're getting.

I've been involved with multiple big schools and do not know anyone that wants the big 32. IDK. To me its the state trying to do too much. Either they do nothing or too much.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
I've been involved with multiple big schools and do not know anyone that wants the big 32. IDK. To me its the state trying to do too much. Either they do nothing or too much.
I got a strong feeling from all the murmuring at the Winter coaching clinic that Big 32 was going to happen. Not just from the bigger schools, but also from the schools in the middle of the pack of ADMs...traditional smaller 3A schools will now play against traditional 2A schools in the new 4A, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT