ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy VS Robbinsville

While I am sure there are not many folks that feel bad for Robbinsville as a team,(other than black knight fans) but man I hate it for the kids that put in so much time and effort to get hurt or not be able to play.

I hate it for kids to get hurt. Yeah it is part of the game but it does stink. Hope your guys get better and can play soon and no one from either side gets injured Friday.

Go Mountaineers

Anyone that thinks this will be a 1 point or 6 point win for Murphy is very delusional..if they think that then with Adams we would be a 21 -28 point favorite. Adams is worth 21 points a game on his own ,not counting how he helped open up the passing game. Losing him easily cost us 4 or more tds per game..thats how it is in 1A ball..He was also by far our best defensive player, so the loss is devastating.
?

Reactions: Gentle Knight
What year is 20 for Robbinsville? He had a good game on defense I thought.

Sophomore
Brother to the starting center that has been out from the robbinsville Murphy regular season game last year.
Should be back soon.

In two years you will see Senior Williams, Senior Adams, Junior Adams and junior Hill. With a two year starting QB that really tall.
Should be fun.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I think we would win Small A in 2years.
We will be a top team either way.

Last edited:
That's 8-6 vs Murphy last 8 years.

Walsh 7-6 vs Gentry the last 7 years.

Walsh 1-0 vs the New Guy

Good job

That's 8-6 vs Murphy last 8 years.

Walsh 7-6 vs Gentry the last 7 years.

Walsh 1-0 vs the New Guy

Good job with 370 kids.
Dogs win 2010, 11, 12 ,13,16, 17, 18 ,once in 20, the reason your numbers are skewed is because some of those years Knights lost in playoffs before Murphy had a chance to play them twice.

Dogs win 2010, 11, 12 ,13,16, 17, 18 ,once in 20, the reason your numbers are skewed is because some of those years Knights lost in playoffs before Murphy had a chance to play them twice.
And Robbinsville may have beat Murphy the 2nd time around. Your numbers are wishful thinking. BK is spot on with his statement. No changing that any way you wanna spin it

• Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73 and BK13T-$
And Robbinsville may have beat Murphy the 2nd time around. Your numbers are wishful thinking. BK is spot on with his statement. No changing that any way you wanna spin it
Most of the years that Murphy has beat Robbinsville since Walsh has been there the games were not that close, so I'll have to disagree with the may have beat Murphy the 2nd time around part.

Anyway those games are irrelevant now, there's no more Gentry, Nelson or tuff on staff and Murphy doesn't have the talent pipeline that they had churning through then either. Talent wise this was the last year Murphy was going to have more for a long time in my opinion (Murphy would've beat Robbinsville this fall with the spring coaching staff), I sure don't think Murphy beats Robbinsville in '22 or '23 no matter who the coach was/is.

Last edited:
It's okay dog.
Maybe we meet in the playoffs. Maybe yunz can meet Mr. Adams.
It doesn’t really matter. Nobody in the SMC is sniffing a state title this year anyway. Because of this, your loss last year to the Dogs will sting y’all much longer than anything the kinghts can do to Murphy this year.

Most of the years that Murphy has beat Robbinsville since Walsh has been there the games were not that close, so I'll have to disagree with the may have beat Murphy the 2nd time around part.

Anyway those games are irrelevant now, there's no more Gentry, Nelson or tuff at Murphy and Murphy doesn't have the talent pipeline that they had churning through then either. Talent wise this was the last year Murphy was going to have more for a long time in my opinion (Murphy would've beat Robbinsville this fall with the spring coaching staff), don't think Murphy beats Robbinsville in '22 or '23 no matter who the coach was/is.
Ok since we are all assuming numbers now, let's go ahead and give Robbinsville 2 more wins in 22 and 2 more in 23. So now Robbinsville is 12-6 against Murphy..lol
Just messing with u Mbd!

Anyway those games are irrelevant now, there's no more Gentry, Nelson or tuff on staff and Murphy doesn't have the talent pipeline that they had churning through then either. Talent wise this was the last year Murphy was going to have more for a long time in my opinion (Murphy would've beat Robbinsville this fall with the spring coaching staff), I definitely don't think Murphy beats Robbinsville in '22 or '23 no matter who the coach was/is.
I’ll say this, if the new school gets delayed for a few years, the group of Murphy mites that just finished the year undefeated are chock full of talent and have a couple of special playmakers. Cross your fingers.

It doesn’t really matter. Nobody in the SMC is sniffing a state title this year anyway. Because of this, your loss last year to the Dogs will sting y’all much longer than anything the kinghts can do to Murphy this year.
I think tonight takes away lots of the sting last year. Everyone knows last year was a fluke anyway..Robbinsville had 1 player hurt last year that basically cost us a state championship .Enjoy tonight's loss

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
I think tonight takes away lots of the sting last year. Everyone knows last year was a fluke anyway..Robbinsville had 1 player hurt last year that basically cost us a state championship .Enjoy tonight's loss
A fluke? Murphy lost a handful of key players before the spring season even began. To hell with tonight, I’ll keep enjoying that title that we took away from you last spring.

A fluke? Murphy lost a handful of key players before the spring season even began. To hell with tonight, I’ll keep enjoying that title that we took away from you last spring.
YOU have the same team that won it last year..and you just took a beat down from a bunch of sophomore 3rd stringers. Enjoy

say this, if the new school gets delayed for a few years, the group of Murphy mites that just finished the year undefeated are chock full of talent and have a couple of special playmakers. Cross your fingers.
I don't want it to get delayed, it's quickly going to get to a point where Murphy and Andrews will need one another if the county is going to remain annually relevant in football, just my honest opinion. Besides if the consolidated school starts out in fall of '24 (that's the architect's projected timeline) they will have a talented team from jump assuming a quality coaching staff is at the helm. Murphy's seniors that year will be the group that won JV this year and there's a decent chance Andrews would have won JV this year instead if they hadn't pulled the 5 freshman up, in my opinion. So you combine those two together and that's a pretty talented bunch on paper.

I don't want it to get delayed, it's quickly going to get to a point where Murphy and Andrews will need one another if the county is going to remain annually relevant in football, just my honest opinion. Besides if the consolidated school starts out in fall of '24 (that's the architect's projected timeline) they will have a talented team from jump assuming a quality coaching staff is at the helm. Murphy's seniors that year will be the group that won JV this year and there's a decent chance Andrews would have won JV this year instead if they hadn't pulled the 5 freshman up, in my opinion. So you combine those two together and that's a pretty talented bunch on paper.
That’s probably true, but the new school will likely be 2a and will have to deal with the likes of Shelby and Reidsville. Not exactly what you wanna see if you are hoping for a state title.

Saw and heard some of the most classless and disappointing behaviors ever on a highschool campus tonight...and it wasn't involving rville people. Smh
My daughter filmed some of it..Unbelievable.
However, things like that happen in a bitter loss. I've seen some bad eggs in Graham County too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT