ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Robbinsville round 4.

No he wasn’t around this board then and he wasn’t on board with our QB this year until after the game Friday night. Never seen a poster bash our QB all year then turn around and praise him for playing great
Wow stu..u definitely have me confused with another poster..I will not call him out on here..I just went through my posts for this entire season..Not a single time did I put our qb down. I said in 1 post he could have ran the ball 3 or 4 different times had he seen the opening. Get your facts straight. His mother and father would be glad to tell you who is putting the qb down.

Reactions: BK13T-$
No he wasn’t around this board then and he wasn’t on board with our QB this year until after the game Friday night. Never seen a poster bash our QB all year then turn around and praise him for playing great
Me and you are gonna have a heart to heart

Or the new school could add up all the titles won by Murphy and Andrews in every sport and claim all of them. Could also count any titles HD has. Technically they all belong to Cherokee County, so there you go.

Lmao
Well good thing it's not up to Cherokee County to decide. It's up to NCHSAA to decide. We see that doesn't happen.
The titles WILL start over for the new school as they should.

Not really sure there was any Robbinsville poster saying anything about our qb other than just the generic things such as qb play is gonna have to get better. I may have missed it but I don’t recall anyone.
I think the only negative thing I've said on here about our players or team was to u wicked. I said we would be a 3rd or 4th round exit..and now I will take my crow fried or bbq'd

• Haha
Reactions: Swain97
I think the only negative thing I've said on here about our players or team was to u wicked. I said we would be a 3rd or 4th round exit..and now I will take my crow fried or bbq'd
This last game was how I expected him to be as a qb. Actually a little better than expectation. I knew he could be that type of player all along. He finally showed it Friday.

Cherokee kid Murphy is also starting a charter school. On the same campus as the rest

The only flaw I seen in the QB was he questions himself. He could of ran for alot of yards if he'd run but on the other hand I've seen him step up in the pocket and connect.
I think he's a good QB and could've been even better if he didn't have to follow behind Collins last year.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
His completion percentage is higher than most but the Early int hurt his QB rating.

Lordy so now we're talking about youth football arm strength. Murphy has really sold out to slinging the ball around huh? lol
Well to be fair the last time I heard someone discuss youth league arm strength at Murphy it was Luke Charles, who ended up a D2 All American QB at UNC Pembroke, so I'd say in that particular case at least it turned out alright lol. I doubt this kid is anywhere near that level of arm talent but it's not like Ray's son won't have the genetics to be a legit player, the kid's dad and uncle were both big time athletes at Murphy and I'm pretty certain his mom was a good athlete too.

If anyone can take 850 and turn it into 650 it is Murphy. Seems like going be 4 schools on same campus.

Cherokee county
EC
Oaks Academy
Charter School.
I remember Murphy guys saying they didn't have to count The Oaks Academy be cause it was on a different campus. Has something changed?

Either way the school will have zero titles unless they keep the name Murphy Bulldogs. The new school won't be in Murphy and I don't see Andrews or HD being ok with that name.

Didn't catch this at first - what's the charter school?
Charter school is The Learning Center. It's been K-8 for years in a couple buildings just past the rock gym. But now they're going to add a high school in that old hotel at the top of the hill right as you come into downtown from the east. So it won't be the same campus as the county schools. But it will take away some students. TLC charter allows 24 students per grade, so would take away about 96 kids unless the charter gets changed. I think a lot of kids that go to grade school at the charter school have gone to the EC for high school, though, so it will interesting to see how many kids they take away from the traditional high schools vs. from the EC. Anyway, they are planning to start sports, but not sure how many or which ones.

Ok thanks. Just going by memory.

I got that wrong but I remember correctly that Murphy fans said they didn't count the oaks or EC because it was on a different campus. Now they will be on the same campus.

Ok thanks. Just going by memory.

I got that wrong but I remember correctly that Murphy fans said they didn't count the oaks or EC because it was on a different campus. Now they will be on the same campus.
TCEC will still have their own athletic department apparently so they still won't be a part of the consolidated schools ADM, Oaks may be included in the consolidated school ADM, I guess it will depend on whether they're allowed to play sports at the consolidated school.

Lordy so now we're talking about youth football arm strength. Murphy has really sold out to slinging the ball around huh? lol
Well, actually “we” weren’t talking about anything. I was addressing mbdfan. He asked if Coach G’s son was on the team and I said yes, and he just so happens to be the QB, and yes for a 10/11 year old, he can sling it. He wasn’t even the player me and mbdfan were discussing. But carry on….

Last edited:
Lmao
Well good thing it's not up to Cherokee County to decide. It's up to NCHSAA to decide. We see that doesn't happen.
The titles WILL start over for the new school as they should.
Calm down. I was joking. Nobody in the SMC is gonna overtake the almighty knights in number of state titles in any of our lifetimes. Geez.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
Charter school is The Learning Center. It's been K-8 for years in a couple buildings just past the rock gym. But now they're going to add a high school in that old hotel at the top of the hill right as you come into downtown from the east. So it won't be the same campus as the county schools. But it will take away some students. TLC charter allows 24 students per grade, so would take away about 96 kids unless the charter gets changed. I think a lot of kids that go to grade school at the charter school have gone to the EC for high school, though, so it will interesting to see how many kids they take away from the traditional high schools vs. from the EC. Anyway, they are planning to start sports, but not sure how many or which ones.
I would like to know why they picked 24 kids per grade. Why that number ? Interesting !!!! So basically 100 kids and that makes a difference in the overall scheme of things. IMO.

Let me just say how I hate the politics of anything especially HS sports. I’ve seen it all my life. I would like to see the best athletes based on their talents not what their last name is or the position their family has in the community. I would like to see coaches picked by their qualifications not by their last name or who they know. A real job search with multiple applicants and back ground checks and resume. I’ve seen many good athletes pushed to the side for someone else whose family has high standings and influential in the community. I’m tired of the back room deals made by the good ole boy system. I realize this happens all over our country in every aspect of life but I don’t like it. Sorry for the rant but I want a fair and equal playing field for all but that’s not possible in the world we live in. Im really wondering what back room deals are being made as we speak for the Athletic Department for the newly planned consolidated HS for Cherokee County. Grab your popcorn !!!!

Let me just say how I hate the politics of anything especially HS sports. I’ve seen it all my life. I would like to see the best athletes based on their talents not what their last name is or the position their family has in the community. I would like to see coaches picked by their qualifications not by their last name or who they know. A real job search with multiple applicants and back ground checks and resume. I’ve seen many good athletes pushed to the side for someone else whose family has high standings and influential in the community. I’m tired of the back room deals made by the good ole boy system. I realize this happens all over our country in every aspect of life but I don’t like it. Sorry for the rant but I want a fair and equal playing field for all but that’s not possible in the world we live in. Im really wondering what back room deals are being made as we speak for the Athletic Department for the newly planned consolidated HS for Cherokee County. Grab your popcorn !!!!

My thoughts exactly. I was called out by 1 poster when I casually mentioned who I would like to see as head coach and AD of the new school. They were not Joseph and Ray. It's like I definitely hit a nerve. It was so obvious. I knew in reality my choices were probably never going to happen but it didn't take long to be told that was ludicrous. Go figure

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I've already been promised the Head Football Coaching Job, but I have to do the Pest Control service.
I agree with you ,but also add in there which town you're from shouldn't matter.

I would like to know why they picked 24 kids per grade. Why that number ? Interesting !!!! So basically 100 kids and that makes a difference in the overall scheme of things. IMO.
It's like a fine tuned machine working, Crunching the numbers in Murphy right now. Here we come 1a!
Lol
Well, y’all seem to have Murphy’s number these days, so why do you care?

I've already been promised the Head Football Coaching Job, but I have to do the Pest Control service.
I agree with you ,but also add in there which town you're from shouldn't matter.
Don’t get me wrong. I love seeing alumni coming home to coach if they have the resume and track record to do it but when we consolidate they will be a lot of ass kissing and I’m sure it’s been going on for quite some time already. Like I said get your popcorn ready.

It's like a fine tuned machine working, Crunching the numbers in Murphy right now. Here we come 1a!
Lol
At this point it really looks that way. When they have approximate numbers that they, whoever they are, have the numbers game figured out !! I hope I’m wrong but if I’m not it’s just as bad as dirty politics

Don’t get me wrong. I love seeing alumni coming home to coach if they have the resume and track record to do it but when we consolidate they will be a lot of ass kissing and I’m sure it’s been going on for quite some time already. Like I said get your popcorn ready.
Watson is an alumni and does have the resume, so I don’t know what you mean about have to do ass kissing. He was coaching (and Offensive Coordinator) for the last 7 state championships with 5 state championship wins. This year they had 9’wins and made it to the 4th round. I think what’s bull crap is people from the other side of the county thinking that you shouldn’t get the job because you are from Murphy. It could be pointed out that they actually deserve a chance at the job.

Reactions: therealsquid
I can’t speak for anyone else, but I just want the best people for the job. I want people in place that know how to win and run championship programs. I don’t want people who have no idea how to do that on account of “fairness”. That’s doing a disservice to the kids.

At this point it really looks that way. When they have approximate numbers that they, whoever they are, have the numbers game figured out !! I hope I’m wrong but if I’m not it’s just as bad as dirty politics
Maybe just maybe ya'll should do your homework on how ADMs work and the punishment for turning g in wrong numbers. Actually I don't even think it's done by the school.

• Haha
Why do that for all sports? For example, why remove Ray G from being head women’s basketball coach? The man has won two straight state championships and runs a first rate program? Why on earth would anyone want to change that?
Ray is a great coach and this is not personal with any of the coaches but do you think the entire athletic program at the new school is going to be made up of all Murphy coaches ? It’s just another layer that has to be addressed. Remember Andrews & HD

Yea start fresh, who would want a coach that has won 2 consecutive State Championships, in Basketball, Multiple football Championships as Cordinator, 2 State Championships in track, Baseball State Championship, How's your resumes look ?
So you’re saying all Murphy Coaches will run the athletic program !! Lmao. You forget it was because Murphy had the big numbers which meant more athletes. Don’t pat yourself on the back to much when you had the athletes. About any coach could come to Murphy and win. Stay in your lane and remember the players made you all look good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT