ADVERTISEMENT

Mt airy vs Rville thoughts

Kicking is so important. Between not fair catching punts and letting them roll, letting opponents start on the 40 every drive, and not being able to kick a fg put us at a huge disadvantage. Certainly not why we lost tonight as ma is just better, but is something that needs to be addressed down the line.

Ian isn't gonna beat you with speed. He beats you with his mind, his strength and the way that he carries himself. He has the heart of a champion and isn't afraid to do the dirty work. The way that his jersey looked tonight backs this up.

Mt airy needs to get a passing game going next year to go in the mix with number 4 running the ball if they did Bears be tuff to deal with

Yea he's dang good don't really have to throw it deep just some kind of route passing game going to keep opposing defense honest on running game

Yea he's dang good don't really have to throw it deep just some kind of route passing game going to keep opposing defense honest on running game
I understand what you are saying. I used to think the same thing. Now, I just leave it up to the coach and go with it. I just know with #2, we will have the real capability to throw. You have to have good linemen and people who can catch the ball. I trust in the coach to make the right decisions for the team.

I understand what you are saying. I used to think the same thing. Now, I just leave it up to the coach and go with it. I just know with #2, we will have the real capability to throw. You have to have good linemen and people who can catch the ball. I trust in the coach to make the right decisions for the team.
Bearmod I respect your opinion but coming soon we are not going have number 5 anymore I'm not trying be the coach I'm just saying it would be nice to have the ability to do that in the future you have QB with arm try to use it

Reactions: Bearmod1
I feel like the better team won but minus a couple mistakes by Robbinsville it could have been interesting. I don’t believe speed was as big a factor as was said previous to the game. I think the MVP of MA was the front 7 on D. I was impressed with the D Line and 32 and 15 from DE and LB. I will say 4 for MA was very quick and shifty and hard to get hands on

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I also feel like Robbinsville should have used the screen pass more than the 1 time and used a short passing game. The long stuff every time wasn’t going to connect 90% of the time. In fact I only remember the 1 to 4 that went for 6. Everything else hit the ground

Let me say that as truely good as #4 is, you just have to remember he will be teaming with 4.5 speed DJJoyce. Big, strong, and fast. Going to interesting and fun to watch them.

Let me say that as truely good as #4 is, you just have to remember he will be teaming with 4.5 speed DJJoyce. Big, strong, and fast. Going to interesting and fun to watch them.
That 4.5 speed clocked by your coaches old stop watch. I wasn’t fast by any measure but my coach clocked me at 4.8 at practice. The next summer I attended Clemson for a football camp. When running sprints I gave it all I had and felt great about my run. Let me just say my coaches time was way off 😂 I realized coach evidently tried to make me feel good with the time he quoted 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Bearmod1
That 4.5 speed clocked by your coaches old stop watch. I wasn’t fast by any measure but my coach clocked me at 4.8 at practice. The next summer I attended Clemson for a football camp. When running sprints I gave it all I had and felt great about my run. Let me just say my coaches time was way off 😂 I realized coach evidently tried to make me feel good with the time he quoted 😂
#22 D J Joyce was timed at NC State University at their camp. That is when he went on their radar.
Speeds from high school coaches, well, I agree 100% they are almost never correct.

Kyle Dugger at Lenoir Rhyne University, 4 years ago I believe it was, was clocked right before the start of the season by a Pro-Scouting Service. 3 straight runs, in full football gear at 4.5. The scouting report was sent out by them and the next day LR receive something like 14 NFL telephone calls.
He was New England's first pick in the draft and is their starting Free Safety.

I understand the importance of "where and how" the times were made. Joyce's was made at NC State.

Joyce was also the Freshman that went in for Dandy at DE last year in the Championship game when Dandy broke a bone in his foot on the 2nd or 3rd Tarboro offensive play.
A lot of us thought he should have been named Defensive Player of that game. He stayed in Tarboro's backfield most of the game.

Yes I started to say. 4 is special. But 22 is going to be a beast. 6 3. 215. Ran a 4.5 at NC State camp. Oh he's one of the defensive ends to. A freak. As far as robbinsville goes. Well coaches with players that have great football speed and with amazing heart. Never quit and played to the whistle. Great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT