ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain 7 - week 5

DixieTN

Apr 30, 2014
Conference play starting this week. Who yall got?

Smoky Mountain @ Pisgah
East Henderson @ Franklin
West Henderson @ North Henderson
Tuscola BYE

Pisgah: This is a tough one. I feel like Smoky has played the tougher schedule to this point and they're tested, but Pisgah has been good nonetheless and they are at home.

Franklin: Easy pick. It'll feel good to get back in t he win column.

West: North is confident but they've played Rosman and Owen. West will humble them quickly. I see this one being over at halftime.

There won’t be a close game in this conference this week, the obvious teams all win by 17+ points (including Bye) 😁

• Haha
Reactions: crestrulz
Pisgah-be tough coach Brindley always has SM ready for his old team but Pisgah goes undefeated at home this year (toughest two games imo on the road anyway)

Franklin-besides Rosman (who has a quarter of the kids) EH maybe worst in WNC

West-I think NH is improved but West is the team to beat in the conference by far and North just isn’t ready for that yet.

Bye by 21. Coach comments that little t almost pulled the upset again. Starts a horse shoe league where almost begins to count.

Canton folks have new 2nd favorite teams. Crest and Reynolds are now extended family.
Pisgah has been on the short list of teams I pull for ever since the Covid year when they dropped everything to try and come play us.

Covid eventually caused the game not to happen but Pisgah was willing to do whatever it took.

Bears 4 LIFE!

Smoky smokes the bears.
West says good knight to North.
I'd take Macon middle over the war eagles.
Tuscola's HPO can score on anyone in 90sec or less but the defense is suspect, we squeak out a tough one and win the bye week.

Reactions: 91ths
Pisgah
Franklin
West
Tuscola.. after some halftime adjustments Mounties roll in the second half!

And with 22 seconds left we don’t try to run up the score to satisfy our egos’s and make us feel better. And we don’t kick anyone in the head and get ejected.
You guys couldn't score in 22 seconds ,lost to a !A school.Did you see what happened on that play .the Hayesville kids twisted his ankle he retaliated .That's the one that usually gets caught by the ref .I do wonder who kicked you in the head .

You guys couldn't score in 22 seconds ,lost to a !A school.Did you see what happened on that play .the Hayesville kids twisted his ankle he retaliated .That's the one that usually gets caught by the ref .I do wonder who kicked you in the head .
Oh . I seem to remember you guys getting beat by a 1a in the not to distant past…. LOL.. That last TD was classless and you know it.

Reactions: recycled2
Oh . I seem to remember you guys getting beat by a 1a in the not to distant past…. LOL.. That last TD was classless and you know it.
Lol I will say you lay some bait pretty well, you and your buddy there. Ole Jed may throw for 500 against us but unless little t can find a transfer named Ned to play linebacker he’s going to need 600. That front 7 on D is as weak as the coach’s eye brow wax game. The good news is I think y’all hold bye under 20 points

Lost to Murphy in OT?

Wasn't the score 47-26

Black And White Wow GIF by Laff

• Haha
For the record Pisgah would lose to a few local 1a schools also.
If a few is Robinsville I agree, not sold on Murphy or Swain. Both could possibly beat Pisgah this year but it would be a toss up. Robinsville is the only one I’d give a definite too. No use in arguing it we can differ on opinions. But if you think Murphy or Swain blow them out or win easily this year you’re just wrong.

I think all three would be good games that could go either way with a turnover or two.

Reactions: RealStihl
West Henderson is a buzzsaw right now. Wow. Gonna take scoring over 40 to beat them and I don’t know anyone in conference who can do that.
Yes by far the team to beat right now. Conference is more WH to lose than anyone else’s to win right now.

Hayesville kid didn't twist his ankle. It was simply an ankle tackle, so if there was any twist, it would have been a part of the play when he was bringing him down. Did #1 get to play against Smoky Mountain? Typically an ejection for a punch or a kick comes with a one-game suspension (just curious).

Hayesville kid didn't twist his ankle. It was simply an ankle tackle, so if there was any twist, it would have been a part of the play when he was bringing him down. Did #1 get to play against Smoky Mountain? Typically an ejection for a punch or a kick comes with a one-game suspension (just curious).
Yes he played and played a good game. You guys got you ass kicked get over it.Maybe next year you can schedule another team like the one last week,

Yes, he played. The paperwork written up by the officials ruled it a disqualification, not an ejection. Disqualification= removal from the game, whereas ejection= removal plus suspension.

Yes he played and played a good game. You guys got you ass kicked get over it.Maybe next year you can schedule another team like the one last week,
I was just wondering if he played, that's all, and we are happy that we could get a game; the team we were supposed to play didn't have a team this year, and we were lucky we could get another game.

Typically, regardless of how a referee writes it up, if the state sees that a kick or punch was the reason, they will change it, as a kick or punch is grounds for a suspension. It happened a few years ago where Murphy had a running back suspended for the state championship game for a very similar play.

We have different definitions of a** kicking, too; we had some untimely turnovers and bad special teams play that beat us that game. Hats off to Pisgah for capitalizing, but don't act like if we played ten times, you would beat us ten times; we were by no means dominated in the game. Then again, we are 1a that is not a traditional football power, but hey, we did make it to the third round of playoffs last year and lost to the eventual state champion. I know Pisgah doesn't know much about making it that far in playoffs in recent times. So we welcome you to come watch us play after you are eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round if you are lucky and keep your best players from getting thrown out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT