ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs Draughn Western 1A Finals

I have to say...i watch a ton of football all over the place...i stuck with my prediction of 40-17 since last week..this MA team is as good a 1a team in this area that has been seen in years excluding 2019 East Surry. Their defensive dominance rivals any 1a team i've seen in a long time...from this area.

You didn't upset me, but i believe you said sore losers, not loser.
Do you think they were happy losers hurt maybe ? This is a message board and people say more than they mean at times to get a comment from the losing or winning team. It has gone on all the years I have been on here. You need to read all the posts as I do on games that interest me. Mount Airy is always given a rough time when they lose. Other teams kept talking after their loss. Thanks for making me look bad coming from the BEAR Historian ! ! Conversation is over.

Last edited:
O'Dell, for your information I read every message on every post. I choose not to exchange banter with a few people who do not represent their teams. If you do, that is fine, I was just saying Draughn High School and their group are not sore losers and I thought you implied they were. They are a great bunch. Just because people don't respond does not mean we are not here watching. People take these message boards way too serious and actually get angry and lash out at each other. I choose to never bash another team or coaches. I probably should not have responded, but I want Draughn and others to know there are a lot of us Mt. Airy people that strive to be non-confrontational.

Here is what I know. They would not of beat Eastern Randolph. Class acts? There needs to be humble pie eaten. Players from draughn calling and talking to coach's wives and players girlfriends before Mitchell game. 4 thinking he's some kind of star. Running his mouth spinning balls. Coach with no control. Well they got controlled. If bears were clicking on all cylinders it would of been a running clock. East Surry we don't talk that junk. Mount airy didn't much. Meltdown last year taught them alot. I'm glad to see it. But that's a fairy tale at draughn. They not up there with the big boys. Also heard those draughn parents were anything but nice and gracious after getting that ass kicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I know. They would not of beat Eastern Randolph. Class acts? There needs to be humble pie eaten. Players from draughn calling and talking shit to coach's wives and players girlfriends before Mitchell game. 4 thinking he's some kind of star. Running his mouth spinning balls. Coach with no control. Well they got controlled. If bears were clicking on all cylinders it would of been a running clock. East Surry we don't talk that junk. Mount airy didn't much. Meltdown last year taught them alot. I'm glad to see it. But that's a fairy tale at draughn. They not up there with the big boys. Also heard those draughn parents were anything but nice and gracious after getting that ass kicked.
Wow Rough, you may want to fact check some of those nasty rumors you're spreading.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
Draughn, I am sorry for trying to get some kind of comment from your team. I guess this being your first year this far in the playoffs you were not used to how most of us carry on after games. I did see many posts last night complementing the team and supporters. I apologize and I was wrong in my comment. Best of luck next year and other winter & spring sports.

Draughn, I am sorry for trying to get some kind of comment from your team. I guess this being your first year this far in the playoffs you were not used to how most of us carry on after games. I did see many posts last night complementing the team and supporters. I apologize and I was wrong in my comment. Best of luck next year and other winter & spring sports.
Give it to them. They been running that mouth all year. Watch their antics. Superman. Dancing. Spinning balls. Lack of control. I heard every school in burke was wishing the bears well.

Ask the Mitchell folks. It's not a rumor. Coach should be held accountable.
And I've seen some Mitchell folks spreading a few different things since we beat them the first time that i know for a fact simply weren't true. It really needs to stop. Do we have a couple of players that celebrate a little too much at times? Sure we do, and you have no idea how the coaching staff deals with them. As for the other crap in your post, it's just that. Crap.

And I've seen some Mitchell folks spreading a few different things since we beat them the first time that i know for a fact simply weren't true. It really needs to stop. Do we have a couple of players that celebrate a little too much at times? Sure we do, and you have no idea how the coaching staff deals with them. As for the other crap in your post, it's just that. Crap.
Nope those are facts. Keep that all star team in check. Keep your coaches from running that mouth. Keep those kids who thought they were all stars grounded. To a man Mount airy has better people at almost every position yet they shut up and played. I'm sure Burke county. Mitchell. Mtn heritage and Andrews are all celebrating that butt whipping. Hell you got a players dad on here talking junk. Well well deserved. One thing about the Mitchell posters they don't spread rumors. You really want to know ask . They'll tell you if it's true or not. They know it is. All right now they are asking around.

Nope those are facts. Keep that all star team in check. Keep your coaches from running that mouth. Keep those kids who thought they were all stars grounded. To a man Mount airy has better people at almost every position yet they shut up and played. I'm sure Burke county. Mitchell. Mtn heritage and Andrews are all celebrating that butt whipping. Hell you got a players dad on here talking junk. Well well deserved. One thing about the Mitchell posters they don't spread rumors. You really want to know ask . They'll tell you if it's true or not. They know it is. All right now they are asking around.
Ain't we got some basketball to watch? Give it a rest man.

Go Big Red
#27Forever

If you'll notice, I didn't say ALL Mitchell posters. I said SOME. I'm new on here this season but absolute favorite poster happens to be a guy from Mitchell. He posts with sense and wisdom, not just running off at his mouth and spreading potentially damaging lies. Some people really just can't stand to see the new kids having some success for a change and try to spin things to make themselves look better by making personal attacks against players and coaches.

Anyway, this is a DRAUGN & MOUNT AIRY thread. So like I said last night, congratulations to MA and best of luck next Saturday.

As for the rest. See you next season. I'm not feeding the pot some are trying to stir.

If you'll notice, I didn't say ALL Mitchell posters. I said SOME. I'm new on here this season but absolute favorite poster happens to be a guy from Mitchell. He posts with sense and wisdom, not just running off at his mouth and spreading potentially damaging lies. Some people really just can't stand to see the new kids having some success for a change and try to spin things to make themselves look better by making personal attacks against players and coaches.

Anyway, this is a DRAUGN & MOUNT AIRY thread. So like I said last night, congratulations to MA and best of luck next Saturday.

As for the rest. See you next season. I'm not feeding the pot some are trying to stir.
You make it personal when you do that kind of stuff. No excuse for it. Life lesson. Butt whipped.

Ask the Mitchell folks. It's not a rumor. Coach should be held accountable.

Give it to them. They been running that mouth all year. Watch their antics. Superman. Dancing. Spinning balls. Lack of control. I heard every school in burke was wishing the bears well.
Idk exactly what was going on but I do know this, Mitchell and mountain heritage won’t forget the celebrations from draughn. I

Hey Purple1995, we were shooting for 20K on the Mount Airy vs Mitchell and wound up with I think you said 28K. We are at 22K with Mount Airy vs Draughn. Something about the NWC vs WHC, LOL.. And no deer talk this time. Also if Draughn was talking after the loss like MA did last year it would be even higher. Sore losers stuck their heads under a rock.
Geez, remember these are HS kids. There are no losers in HS sports.

Here is what I know. They would not of beat Eastern Randolph. Class acts? There needs to be humble pie eaten. Players from draughn calling and talking to coach's wives and players girlfriends before Mitchell game. 4 thinking he's some kind of star. Running his mouth spinning balls. Coach with no control. Well they got controlled. If bears were clicking on all cylinders it would of been a running clock. East Surry we don't talk that junk. Mount airy didn't much. Meltdown last year taught them alot. I'm glad to see it. But that's a fairy tale at draughn. They not up there with the big boys. Also heard those draughn parents were anything but nice and gracious after getting that ass kicked.
I just don’t understand why some of you guys can’t post without using a potty mouth. Do you talk like that all the time?

You should want fans from teams in your conference to support you.. when their team didn't make it as far. I can't stand fans from local schools who really have disdain for the success of another. Trust me..there were several locally that sat on Draughn's side that wasn't supporting MA. So bandwagoning is a thing. Sometimes its called supoort when it's done tactfully.

What my issue with that is, these are freaking teenagers. You have such a disdain for a school, community, or town you take it out on teenagers.

I want to see all teams be successful. I want to see sports make something out of young men and women. And I will always hope a local team is successful when it is their moment to shine.

What my issue with that is, these are freaking teenagers. You have such a disdain for a school, community, or town you take it out on teenagers.

I want to see all teams be successful. I want to see sports make something out of young men and women. And I will always hope a local team is successful when it is their moment to shine.
I get you on that. And you're right. However when the culture allows them to do that that is a problem. When every team in Burke county is pulling against one of their own something's wrong. If we're not playing Mount airy I'm pulling for them. And I definitely heard a bunch of stuff that happened. These Mitchell guys may be there a little too high road to admit it. But some of them know it's fact. Coaches know that goes on. They let it happen. Some of those kids are 18. Anyway the way the parents and the fans were talking I could see how it happened. But you're right about it being just kids so I was out of line. I just couldn't stand the outright cheer outrage of it. So I'm glad the bears won.

You would have to see how these fans coaches and some players from Draughn acted to understand that's why they're enemy # 1 up this way, hope that coach disciplines them and gets it together cause they are very talented just too dang cocky

What will we do after football season is over LMBO. I will just go right into basketball then track. It’s been another fun year on here and i’m looking forward to another great football season next year. Wishing all you has beens and armchair Quarterbacks a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! God Bless you all

You should want fans from teams in your conference to support you.. when their team didn't make it as far. I can't stand fans from local schools who really have disdain for the success of another. Trust me..there were several locally that sat on Draughn's side that wasn't supporting MA. So bandwagoning is a thing. Sometimes its called supoort when it's done tactfully.
We welcome everyone to come support our local teams. Majority of the MA fans have tried to be very respectful of the teams we have played. Just letting others know that not all the comments are coming from dedicated MA fans.

Not I can or anyone will say on here will change someone’s minds or opinions ! However I like to try and explain my pov!
A. When a team is beaten bad the previous yr… the following yr players build themselves for that game. They remember the embarrassment they suffered! Emotions are high! Actions are made good and bad! They are teenagers. Still developing as an adult!

B. Every team has fans that are flat out rude ridiculous and embarrassing (I admit we have them to and it makes me cringe) don’t be yelling at refs when ya winning by 40) I get embarrassed at times.

C. Majority of fans respect and wish the best for the other team!

D. One or 2 bad apples doesn’t represent the whole community.

E. I’m sure everyone has a story about another team and a negative comment about them. (Even if their team cussed out cheerleaders. Yes it happened) example B
F. It’s high school football we all were there and made mistakes!!

(Btw I pulled for Mitchell last yr to win st. As well for mtn heritage girls basketball)

Not I can or anyone will say on here will change someone’s minds or opinions ! However I like to try and explain my pov!
A. When a team is beaten bad the previous yr… the following yr players build themselves for that game. They remember the embarrassment they suffered! Emotions are high! Actions are made good and bad! They are teenagers. Still developing as an adult!

B. Every team has fans that are flat out rude ridiculous and embarrassing (I admit we have them to and it makes me cringe) don’t be yelling at refs when ya winning by 40) I get embarrassed at times.

C. Majority of fans respect and wish the best for the other team!

D. One or 2 bad apples doesn’t represent the whole community.

E. I’m sure everyone has a story about another team and a negative comment about them. (Even if their team cussed out cheerleaders. Yes it happened) example B
F. It’s high school football we all were there and made mistakes!!

(Btw I pulled for Mitchell last yr to win st. As well for mtn heritage girls basketball)
Well said, as I would have pulled for Draughn had they won, but man they need to calm down lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT