ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell will be champs.

Once again....kids played in that championship. Those kids are proud of their rings and their work. You wanna try and discredit that away...that would make you a sorry adult...yikes.

Come on man take the Kumbaya stuff somewhere else. Apparently you haven't been on these boards very long because fans from every school bash each other all the time. What makes me different is because I know what I'm talking about. I have yet to once single out any kids and you know it. I assume you are a Murphy fan and I have seen plenty of your posters on here making fun of Robbinsville, Swain, Cherokee, and many more over the years. Did you call those people out as well?

Reactions: Swo_05
Says the guy who just called Crest and Havelock 4A. Knowledge?
Not claiming to be an expert. Not going to lie and think I’m an all knowing poster. You’re a man without a team, a troll who just looks to stir the pot. You are running your mouth to Mitchell posters on thread you started about Mitchell to gain sympathy or support. You keep thinking you’ll get someone to bash the SMC with you but no one is having it. Go back to the bridge you crawled out of.

Last edited:
Says the guy who just called Crest and Havelock 4A. Knowledge?
Since i didn’t do my due diligence, I did a quick look up and the last #s reported had 3A
Crest with 1290 students and 3A Havelock with 1115 students. 1A, 1A Robbinsville last numbers 378.....yeah talent pool is equal don’t you think? Regardless of what you’re spewing it’s apple to oranges.

378 is slighty big for Robbinsville.
We're usually between 340-370

Not claiming to be an expert. Not going to lie and think I’m an all knowing poster. You’re a man without a team, a troll who just looks to stir the pot. You are running your mouth to Mitchell posters on thread you started about Mitchell to gain sympathy or support. You keep thinking you’ll get someone to bash the SMC with you but no one is having it. Go back to the bridge you crawled out of.

I said Mitchell was the best small 1A team in the state. I believe that to be true and nobody really has disputed it. So tell me again how I'm bashing Mitchell?o_O

As long as we have returning wnc leading rusher we have a chance.

He is in top 5 now and will be top 2 or 3. That's is with a new young small line. The line only has 5 games together. They are getting better. As they continue to get better both RBs will get better.
We only have 6 seniors and one of the smallest football schools in the state but we will show up and bring the Wood for 4 Q. If we lose we will move on to wrestling and hopefully 3 peat as the kings of the West. I've been to State title competitions 4 years straight. All 4 years to watch Robbinsville go for gold. In wrestling we compete vs schools with 2x the enrollment as us. We show up a try for one more of many titles. Next year, rinse, wash, repeat.
That's what's happing in Rville.

Last edited:
Ok I will bite , since you want to talk football here is your chance what in your vast football knowledge leads you to believe Mitchell is the champs ?.

What part of their game and I don't want a vanilla answer I want something in depth leads you to believe they are the champs this season ?

I have nothing but respect for Mitchell but I like our chances against them . We have a solid defense that has surrendered less than 15 points to Pisgah,Franklin, and Robbinsville . We have had an interception in every game this season and multiple INTs against those 3 teams. We do a good job at containing the run and our defensive strength is at outside linebacker which gives us a punchers chance against any team with a mobile QBs which is Mitchell's strength. Not saying we would win we have alot of room to improve , especially on offense but I am not ready to crown anyone champ this early in the season.

So if you can , let's talk football no bs, stats and intelligent observations . I don't think you can and you are just trying to piss people off and get an argument . So here is your chance , prove me wrong and let's hear some of that knowledge.

Let's see 4-6 title games a year. 25+ years of going to the the state title games. There you go. I will say the weakest teams I witnessed play in the title games were the last few from Robbinsville. I watched them play one year and Crest and Havelock played right after. The difference in talent was unreal.

Grow a pair man. You have a great team and will most likely when state this year. These smc guys have clowned Mitchell for years. They made fun of them when they played murphy and cherokee. Don't cowl down to them.
How is that possible? I thought the games were played at several stadiums at the same time. If robbinsville was the weakest team you saw play I the 1a games what did that make Plymouth ? I think we were 16-0 and ranked 2nd in 1a and 1aa only behind Wallace. Why the dislike of Robbinsville ?

Why thank you fellers. Magnum, how many times have you watched Mitchell this year? What is their offensive set? What defense do they run? How many running backs do they have in rotation? What is their main weakness (because they have 1)? Don't use innocent bystanders to troll a group of people, use your own team (if you even have one) to call out the SMC. Put up or shut up dude.

Let's see 4-6 title games a year. 25+ years of going to the the state title games. There you go. I will say the weakest teams I witnessed play in the title games were the last few from Robbinsville. I watched them play one year and Crest and Havelock played right after. The difference in talent was unreal.

Grow a pair man. You have a great team and will most likely when state this year. These smc guys have clowned Mitchell for years. They made fun of them when they played murphy and cherokee. Don't cowl down to them.

Just wondering smart guy what year was that?

Why thank you fellers. Magnum, how many times have you watched Mitchell this year? What is their offensive set? What defense do they run? How many running backs do they have in rotation? What is their main weakness (because they have 1)? Don't use innocent bystanders to troll a group of people, use your own team (if you even have one) to call out the SMC. Put up or shut up dude.

Wing T like Murphy. They run a 4 man front and sometimes drop the end back like a linebacker. They have a great kicker. As for weakness I would say speed at linebacker and that will be exposed vs Heritage next week.

Wing T like Murphy. They run a 4 man front and sometimes drop the end back like a linebacker. They have a great kicker. As for weakness I would say speed at linebacker and that will be exposed vs Heritage next week.

Where did you google this?

I've kept quiet on this one, but I just ask SMC fans not to bash Mitchell just because of what this clown is saying. 47 years of playing SMC teams has lent nothing but respect for that conference. BTW, I do think Mitchell can represent in either the 1aa or 1a western final.

You should send them flowers. They have done nothing but dog Mitchell on here. Should have seen it after the Cherokee loss. I know one thing, mitchell has a strong football team but th he ou r fans are soft..

I'll be honest though Mitchell owes a lot to Murphy because that's where they learned their offense from. Pitman learned a lot from the Murphy coaches. He's a good coach but I think Barnett was a better coach. He would run shotgun one year and then go to a single back the next year depending on his personnel. That's a great coach. If Pitman doesn't switch to a 50 style defense against Heritage he will be in trouble because that four man front will not work.

Still waiting for something that isn't vanilla magnum

I'm not even a Mitchell fan and I know more about their team than most of their fans do. What do you want to know, what shoe size the coach wears or something? I mean what else do you want. The bottom line is there better than anybody in the SMC.

I'll be honest though Mitchell owes a lot to Murphy because that's where they learned their offense from. Pitman learned a lot from the Murphy coaches. He's a good coach but I think Barnett was a better coach. He would run shotgun one year and then go to a single back the next year depending on his personnel. That's a great coach. If Pitman doesn't switch to a 50 style defense against Heritage he will be in trouble because that four man front will not work.

Dude, seriously? Barnett ran Leland Riddle football; straight up the gut, every single play. Never, I repeat, never ran out of the gun. Mitchell had 2 good seasons under Barnett, and they were on talent alone. Keep talking oh God of Knowledge.

Reactions: BK13T-$
And another thing, you say that Mitchell needs to implement the Oklahoma defense? They already run a Nose, two guards and two ends.

I watched 7 seasons of deadliest catch but that don't make me an expert crab fishermen.

Let's here this football you claim you want to talk what makes you believe they are the best.

I gave you some examples , i want to hear why. Not a because I said so

Reactions: footballstar_17
Yeah me too. "Wing t" is a blanket statement, like saying "out of the shotgun". So, tell me, how many times have you watched Mitchell?

Once this year, numerous times on film. The funny thing is I'm actually complimenting them but you're so worried about getting on your knees for these SMC fans that you can't see that

Dang magbum sounds like your google is broke or someone told you wrong. When have you seen them play?

I watched 7 seasons of deadliest catch but that don't make me an expert crab fishermen.

Let's here this football you claim you want to talk what makes you believe they are the best.

I gave you some examples , i want to hear why. Not a because I said so

Well for one reason small 1A is absolutely horrible so all they really have to do is beat Murphy and I think Mitchell is the better team this year. Now if Mt Airy drops down like some people are saying then that's a whole other topic and Mitchell & Murphy can forget about it

Let me just clarify. Mitchell doesn't have one specific defense. They might run a 5 man front, might use 3 linemen, and as Magnumsize says, a 4 man front.

Dude, seriously? Barnett ran Leland Riddle football; straight up the gut, every single play. Never, I repeat, never ran out of the gun. Mitchell had 2 good seasons under Barnett, and they were on talent alone. Keep talking oh God of Knowledge.

Back in 06 and 07 Hoilman was the quarterback and they ran out of the spread. The funny thing is I'm not even remotely a Mitchell fan and I know more about your team than you do. If you want to keep coming at me keep coming but I'm going to make you look like a fool

Well for one reason small 1A is absolutely horrible so all they really have to do is beat Murphy and I think Mitchell is the better team this year. Now if Mt Airy drops down like some people are saying then that's a whole other topic and Mitchell & Murphy can forget about it

An old quote from the TV show Dragnet seems appropriate here: “Just the facts ma’am.”

Reactions: Magnum45
As a Murphy fan until proven otherwise in the west it is Mt.Airy, Murphy then Mitchell. Time will tell.

Yes Mt Airy will squash Mitchell or Murphy. But if they do not drop down Mitchell will beat Murphy this year I can promise you that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT