ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell (5-2)(3-0) @ Mountain Heritage (5-1)(3-0)

I'm just glad I can watch it on TV because I won't be able to go...I didn't go to the one at Mitchell because of covid but fortunately Mitchell did the YouTube but other then that I can't remember the last time I missed one of these games last time at MH they were nice enough to let me park at the bottom so I didn't have far to go ,the woman at the gate graduated with my deceased wife at MH.

I'm just glad I can watch it on TV because I won't be able to go...I didn't go to the one at Mitchell because of covid but fortunately Mitchell did the YouTube but other then that I can't remember the last time I missed one of these games last time at MH they were nice enough to let me park at the bottom so I didn't have far to go ,the woman at the gate graduated with my deceased wife at MH.
If you want to park at the bottom you let me know if it’s full I will make sure you get a ride down on the gator.

If you want to park at the bottom you let me know if it’s full I will make sure you get a ride down on the gator.
I do some wood art just to have something to do when I'm able and I'll do 2 or 3 local craft festivals where family or people I know is around and can help and I have one that Saturday and the display has to be up Friday and I tried to do both last Mitchell game and by Saturday night I not only couldn't walk but couldn't stand up. The more I try to do the longer the recovery time. But I do appreciate the offer.

Im thinking Mitchell will be at least a 10 point faviorite,if we can go in to half time within 10 points i like our chances but if Mitchell comes out and gets up big early its going to be a long night.
From what ive seen Mitchell has two teams this year one that shows up and takes care of business and another one that seems to just be off.
As far as Heritage we have been getting better a little each week.Swain handling Andrews tonight gives me a little more hope.
My head says Mitchell 38 to 24.
My gut says Heritage 16 Mitchell 14..

I honestly don't know. Over the week someone gonna bring up MH & Erwin but it was their first game and seems someone said they might have had some players missing and someone will bring up Andrews but I still say not having most of your starting line does make a difference and like Maverick69 said they've played a little off in a couple games and they did against Andrews they played flat but if you can't get up for this game then you might as well forget it so I'm not concerned about that part, I've actually seems teams get to pumped up for this game and make mistakes there's a balance.
Watching the Avery game offensively they look at lot alike, I believe Mitchell might have an edge in passing and I do think if they get ahead by couple scores MH would have a hard time coming back. I believe Mitchell has the talent to win it but I've seen Mitchell teams who I know had more talent and still lost this game especially at the pit , hopefully last game might have helped with the head game.

I honestly don't know. Over the week someone gonna bring up MH & Erwin but it was their first game and seems someone said they might have had some players missing and someone will bring up Andrews but I still say not having most of your starting line does make a difference and like Maverick69 said they've played a little off in a couple games and they did against Andrews they played flat but if you can't get up for this game then you might as well forget it so I'm not concerned about that part, I've actually seems teams get to pumped up for this game and make mistakes there's a balance.
Watching the Avery game offensively they look at lot alike, I believe Mitchell might have an edge in passing and I do think if they get ahead by couple scores MH would have a hard time coming back. I believe Mitchell has the talent to win it but I've seen Mitchell teams who I know had more talent and still lost this game especially at the pit , hopefully last game might have helped with the head game.
Look forward to a good hard fought game with hopefully no injuries. Should be a battle like most years no matter who has the most talent on the roster.

Welp, here we are again. Mitchell and Heritage game week. While I am not sure if either team is as good as the past few years it really doesn’t matter. This should be a very competitive ball game. As with several times the past say 10 years or so, I feel that on paper Mitchell has the better ball team. But on paper doesn’t win games in the “hole”. I have witnessed multiple times that the purple power has gone into that stinking hole with the upper hand to only leave with an L.

The winner will be the winner of the WHC again. But as witnessed last year the loser can still go on to accomplish a great run in the playoffs. As normal it will be a great crowd so arrive early. Ugh, I will be working late on Friday so I may have to park at Bojangles. But no bad luck I will be there.

As far as the game and the key individuals it again doesn’t really matter as both coaches know exactly what the other will do. Both will be coming in off bye weeks, sorry Avery, but I bet Heritage was already preparing for Mitchell. One reason Heritage was a little sloppy last night.

Good luck to both, hope there are no injuries and the fans behave themselves. And when it is over I really really really hope 1995 is the happiest man in the “hole”.

Go Mountaineers

I’ve watched both teams. This year is the hardest pick in years. Both teams ain’t that good like in years past. I think who wins with come down to who has the less penalties and capitalize an score when they have ball. I think who ever gets a 2 score lead will win this game. This game is one of the biggest games between them in a long time since both of them are 1A now. Because they could play again in the playoffs that would be crazy if they play again for regional finals. I’m pick heritage by 8 in this one because it’s hard to beat heritage at heritage.

This Mitchell squad obviously has the talent, they just have had trouble finding their team chemistry. Some nights they click, and some nights they don't. In the Erwin game, they came out of the gate looking like the 1a frontrunners, but then in games like Andrews and Owen, they look confused and shakey. Heritage on the other hand, has benefited from an unusually weak schedule, but they really don't look like a typical Joey Robinson coached team. The line is slow off the snap, seem lethargic. The QB seems to be the only playmaker on the field. If Avery hadn't gave up 150+ yards in penalties, that game would have been much closer. The Vikings moved the ball with relative ease, carving up the Cougars D, they just screwed every drive with multiple dumb penalties. On paper, Mitchell should win by double digits, comfortably. But this is a rivalry, and its in the hole, so I expect a much closer game. I'm not going to make a prediction. I'm just here to talk trash 😁

On a serious note, after Mitchell gave Erwin a beatdown. Then Erwin played heritage tough all Mitchell nation heritage sucks we are better. Then Andrew's beats mit , then Swain beats Andrew's heritage beat swain on the road. Guess that means heritage will win. For the last time you cannot compare scores. In my opinion heritage defense is better then Mitchell. Mitchell offense is better, mit special teams are better. MIT has a major weakness with their defense right now, Andrews expose it , you know joey knows it. Even with all that I expect a war. Honestly which team makes fewest mistakes will win.

On a serious note, after Mitchell gave Erwin a beatdown. Then Erwin played heritage tough all Mitchell nation heritage sucks we are better. Then Andrew's beats mit , then Swain beats Andrew's heritage beat swain on the road. Guess that means heritage will win. For the last time you cannot compare scores. In my opinion heritage defense is better then Mitchell. Mitchell offense is better, mit special teams are better. MIT has a major weakness with their defense right now, Andrews expose it , you know joey knows it. Even with all that I expect a war. Honestly which team makes fewest mistakes will win.
You are the only one comparing score junior. I haven't mentioned either game 👄

Actually to me as far as special teams that's a concern on the Mitchell side especially on the kickoff were Madison has a TD run back Draughn had a big one , I assume that's something they've really worked on in the bye week.
As far as Mitchell D I believe Draughn and some others showed a possible weakness in defending the pass and other thing you didn't meantion they've had some penalty issues as I said in another thread while lopsided there was plenty in the Draughn game for the coaches to work on.
As far as Andrews which I said someone would bring up about the only thing it exposed on the Mitchell D is that the sophomores who took the out starters place on the line isn't ready to be starters yet, but I far as I know the starting line is back. Plus on that game I do wonder if they headed in that game cocky and I wonder how the practices that week went but that game just doesn't bother me. And as far as Erwin MH first game and maybe some starters out as well but maybe coming in the pit after what they saw Mitchell did to them maybe they didn't take that game as seriously as they should have, but I don't count that game against MH anymore then the Andrews game against Mitchell.
And I actually agree it could come down to the team with the fewest mistakes.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Traveling to play SMC teams must be like going into a black hole. I still can't believe Asheville lost to Robbinsville badly and Mitchell lost to Andrews

Im thinking Mitchell will be at least a 10 point faviorite,if we can go in to half time within 10 points i like our chances but if Mitchell comes out and gets up big early its going to be a long night.
From what ive seen Mitchell has two teams this year one that shows up and takes care of business and another one that seems to just be off.
As far as Heritage we have been getting better a little each week.Swain handling Andrews tonight gives me a little more hope.
My head says Mitchell 38 to 24.
My gut says Heritage 16 Mitchell 14..
I think the Andrew’s game was a result of getting physically beat up by two 4a schools one of which we broke their 28 game home winning streak and the other one we should’ve won if not for a fumble. But you are correct the smc is a long ride and beating them at their place is difficult.

as for this one, I’d say 35 points total between the two would be a high score. I’d bet the under. I think both teams are solid. If I had to bet on it I’d say heritage at home, but not by much.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73 and 97Cougar
Welp, here we are again. Mitchell and Heritage game week. While I am not sure if either team is as good as the past few years it really doesn’t matter. This should be a very competitive ball game. As with several times the past say 10 years or so, I feel that on paper Mitchell has the better ball team. But on paper doesn’t win games in the “hole”. I have witnessed multiple times that the purple power has gone into that stinking hole with the upper hand to only leave with an L.

The winner will be the winner of the WHC again. But as witnessed last year the loser can still go on to accomplish a great run in the playoffs. As normal it will be a great crowd so arrive early. Ugh, I will be working late on Friday so I may have to park at Bojangles. But no bad luck I will be there.

As far as the game and the key individuals it again doesn’t really matter as both coaches know exactly what the other will do. Both will be coming in off bye weeks, sorry Avery, but I bet Heritage was already preparing for Mitchell. One reason Heritage was a little sloppy last night.

Good luck to both, hope there are no injuries and the fans behave themselves. And when it is over I really really really hope 1995 is the happiest man in the “hole”.

Go Mountaineers
I have a good feeling I will be thanks for remembering me ole buddy!

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I'm gonna say Mitchell by 14 we are healthy again, it will come down to blocking the line and the backs, I hope the sophomores and juniors are up to the task mine is 100% now but he needs blocking, go Mountaineers!

I think the Andrew’s game was a result of getting physically beat up by two 4a schools one of which we broke their 28 game home winning streak and the other one we should’ve won if not for a fumble. But you are correct the smc is a long ride and beating them at their place is difficult.

as for this one, I’d say 35 points total between the two would be a high score. I’d bet the under. I think both teams are solid. If I had to bet on it I’d say heritage at home, but not by much.
Nah, Mitchell by 14 let's go boys!

Heritages defense is not better, fri will tell the tale, hopefully you disappear soon after jr

Hardly any hetitage fans on this site anymore. Few years ago lot heritage fans. Only way MIT wins by 14 is if heritage has lot turnovers. Looking at the roster of both teams looks even mit is bigger up front hetitage is quicker. Both quarterbacks are solid . Heritage has more speed in the backfield. Mitchell receivers are better. Heritage d line is better, mit l backer get the edge. Secondary Toss up. You got give Joey coaching advantage plus cougars are home. Still I think its Toss up, whichever team wants it the most will win, and it will be close game
Lol quick? Them boys look like snails coming off the line. No speed in the backfield. The only advantage Heritage has is the Hole. And that is the only reason Mitchell will win by only 2 scores.

After seeing both, I would be VERY surprised if Mitchell wins by two or more scores. I just don't see it. Of course, I have been wrong in my life more times than I can count. I know it is difficult to make comparisons, but to me the Heritage team that played Swain looked better than the Mitchell team that played Andrews. One thing I know, it is a game that I wish I could watch this week for sure!
Well I'm not sure they can win in the hole by two scores as long as they win I don't worry about the margin. But the Andrews game I just don't pay any attention too or worry about as far as this game goes it was a game without the majority of their line and I really think they probably was looking over Andrews which is something if they were you should never do. I don't have any inside info but from what I understand they're at full strength right now and like I meationed because the issue with this game isn't getting up for it but getting to pumped up and making early mistakes.

Hardly any hetitage fans on this site anymore. Few years ago lot heritage fans. Only way MIT wins by 14 is if heritage has lot turnovers. Looking at the roster of both teams looks even mit is bigger up front hetitage is quicker. Both quarterbacks are solid . Heritage has more speed in the backfield. Mitchell receivers are better. Heritage d line is better, mit l backer get the edge. Secondary Toss up. You got give Joey coaching advantage plus cougars are home. Still I think its Toss up, whichever team wants it the most will win, and it will be close game
There is hardly any Heritage fans on here because they know they are gonna get beat fri lol

Lol quick? Them boys look like snails coming off the line. No speed in the backfield. The only advantage Heritage has is the Hole. And that is the only reason Mitchell will win by only 2 scores.
Lol that's great
Easy on that “purple passion” that can’t be just the kool aid lol
Yeah I admit I mixed a little JD with it go Mountaineers!

Reactions: 97Cougar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT