ADVERTISEMENT

Metro 4A

New3ra

Mar 11, 2022
Any early predictions, news or anything on how everyone is looking heading into the summer?

Outside of Grimsley being at the top in the conference. I really believe it will be a toss up with everyone else. NW should likely finish second with what they have returning but they will have a new coach so we will see. Southeast will be towards the bottom imo. They were senior heavy last year and will be losing a lot. Northern was pretty young last year and had a very good JV so they should only get better. Page should still be good despite a few changes. Any new on Southwest, Ragsdale and western or any team?

Page will finally have a QB with a nice arm that can get the ball out quickly and to many different spots on the field. Something they have been lacking for while.

Reactions: New3ra
Page will finally have a QB with a nice arm that can get the ball out quickly and to many different spots on the field. Something they have been lacking for while.
That will be huge! I’m not sure why it took so long for page to find a quarterback these last few years with how much talent is in the area. Have you had a chance to see the new quarterback?

That will be huge! I’m not sure why it took so long for page to find a quarterback these last few years with how much talent is in the area. Have you had a chance to see the new quarterback?
He led the JV offense last year to a successful season. He can run too.

He led the JV offense last year to a successful season. He can run too.
Things are looking good for the future over at page. I do know page added a few good additions to the staff which will help with development of skill players. Bad news is page is losing a key player but they will be fine in the long run.

Things are looking good for the future over at page. I do know page added a few good additions to the staff which will help with development of skill players. Bad news is page is losing a key player but they will be fine in the long run.
Who did we lose, and where did he go?

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Blackwell for page is a big time recruit
He just received an offer from West Virginia on May 10th, and has 3 others from Louisville, Charlotte, and Liberty.

Edit (5/17/23): Offer #5 comes in from Appalachian State
Edit (5/24/23): Offer #6 James Madison University

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel fan1
Grimsley then everyone else can be drawn out of a hat.

NW will have a good QB and WR but they lost a lot on the Oline and their Defense will be a huge question mark as well as a new HC. Non-Conf schedule is way to soft after losing East Forsyth as a week 1 game. Very well could be undefeated going into Grimsley game but will they be ready to play a team that fast and physical? Time will tell

Grimsley is the favorite until someone around here beats them. They did lose quite a bit of talent and leadership from the senior class, it's always interesting to see how a program does after a year like they had last year. It's a shame, they don't play Dudley, East Forsyth, or a team like Mt Tabor (or really anyone else of note) early on, so we can get a better idea of what's up........

I'm not so sure if everyone else being drawn out of a hat is the best way to stack up the rest of the conference though.

Grimsley is the favorite until someone around here beats them. They did lose quite a bit of talent and leadership from the senior class, it's always interesting to see how a program does after a year like they had last year. It's a shame, they don't play Dudley, East Forsyth, or a team like Mt Tabor (or really anyone else of note) early on, so we can get a better idea of what's up........

I'm not so sure if everyone else being drawn out of a hat is the best way to stack up the rest of the conference though.
They play Mt Tabor this year, first game actually.

They actually didn’t lose much from this past group of seniors. You will actually see a drop off after this next group of seniors graduate though.

Last edited:
They play Mt Tabor this year, first game actually.

They actually didn’t lose much from this past group of seniors. You will actually see a drop off after this next group of seniors graduate though.
Good, bout time....
Also, I'm not saying they lost a lot. I'm saying they lost some key leaders. LB Stimpson was the engine on that defense.. losing Ryan Stephens hurts a bit, he was the heart and soul of the offense last year, made a lot of tough plays out of nothing. Albright, Jarrett, Caldwell, Diku, not to mention the multiple year starters on the OL.. Smouse and Harden. But, yeah, you're right, they will have 25 Seniors this coming up season.

Good, bout time....
Also, I'm not saying they lost a lot. I'm saying they lost some key leaders. LB Stimpson was the engine on that defense.. losing Ryan Stephens hurts a bit, he was the heart and soul of the offense last year, made a lot of tough plays out of nothing. Albright, Jarrett, Caldwell, Diku, not to mention the multiple year starters on the OL.. Smouse and Harden. But, yeah, you're right, they will have 25 Seniors this coming up season.
The freshman quarterback was already better than Ryan this past season. They probably would’ve won states had they started him because he wouldn’t have missed on the two touchdown passes Ryan did and he’s the fastest player on the team already. You’re right though, losing Albright, Smouse and Harden are huge losses. If they don’t win this year or while they have the freshman quarterback, they won’t win again.

That is an extremely tough pill to swallow if they lost states because they sat a better player...

on a side note, not sure if they make it to states without stephens, he pulled quite a few rabbits out of the hat on that run. not sure if the freshman makes those key plays under that type of pressure, being so young and inexperienced.

on a side note, not sure if they make it to states without stephens, he pulled quite a few rabbits out of the hat on that run. not sure if the freshman makes those key plays under that type of pressure, being so young and inexperienced.
I agree and disagree, if you can play you can play regardless of age.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Its been a few weeks... still waiting...
I'm sure Dudley and Grimsley are dialing hot on their burner phones this time of year...

Outside of Grimsley being at the top in the conference. I really believe it will be a toss up with everyone else. NW should likely finish second with what they have returning but they will have a new coach so we will see. Southeast will be towards the bottom imo. They were senior heavy last year and will be losing a lot. Northern was pretty young last year and had a very good JV so they should only get better. Page should still be good despite a few changes. Any new on Southwest, Ragsdale and western or any team?
1) Grimsley (until someone beats them, they are the favorite)
2a) SW Guilford (returns a lot, and someone said they will be best team not named Grimsley)
2b) NW Guilford (new coach and some question marks, but they will compete)
2c) Page (lost a few starters and coaches, but still has talent, could get big boost from talented QB)
5a) SE Guilford (lost a ton of talent from last years senior class, will be interesting to see how they restock)
5b) N Guilford (could make a leap from last years young team, still a question mark)
7a) Ragsdale (wouldn't be surprised to see them compete, but recent signs point to them struggling)
7b) W Guilford (biggest thing is continuity at the coaching position, they need a few more years to see improvement in strength program)

Reactions: cimsies
Does NWG have the best QB in the Metro with Tanner Ballou? Can they protect him and will Cloud step up and dominate teams with equal or better competition? Cloud looks D1 against teams he's supposed to beat. I want to see him show out against Grimsley, SWG, Page and of course our rivalry game with the Purple team.

1) Grimsley (until someone beats them, they are the favorite)
2a) SW Guilford (returns a lot, and someone said they will be best team not named Grimsley)
2b) NW Guilford (new coach and some question marks, but they will compete)
2c) Page (lost a few starters and coaches, but still has talent, could get big boost from talented QB)
5a) SE Guilford (lost a ton of talent from last years senior class, will be interesting to see how they restock)
5b) N Guilford (could make a leap from last years young team, still a question mark)
7a) Ragsdale (wouldn't be surprised to see them compete, but recent signs point to them struggling)
7b) W Guilford (biggest thing is continuity at the coaching position, they need a few more years to see improvement in strength program)
Should be 2b and 3a/3c. NWG has the best QB in the county and two of the best defensive minds in the entire state on staff. Expect big things, maybe a run for the title...

Should be 2b and 3a/3c. NWG has the best QB in the county and two of the best defensive minds in the entire state on staff. Expect big things, maybe a run for the title...
Since when did NW hire Beal? lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Warhead1
He was with the Vikings back in 2007 - 2014 but NW Guilford Head Coach Rolfes got rid of him. I wish he would come back. As far as the best two defensive minds in the entire State who's that? The DC at Grimsley may have something to say about that.

He was with the Vikings back in 2007 - 2014 but NW Guilford Head Coach Rolfes got rid of him. I wish he would come back. As far as the best two defensive minds in the entire State who's that? The DC at Grimsley may have something to say about that.
Grimsley? Lol

Grimsley? Lol
Yeah, they're claiming the best in the State. They may not be the best in their conference. I should've been more clear I was meaning best in the Metro. NWG will be on their 3rd DC in 3 years. Somehow we're claiming the best in the State? We couldn't stop anyone last year

This won't be popular on this thread but Mt. Tabor might be the toughest team Grimsley plays this year. In Fact, I'm calling the Upset Aug 18th ..15 MORE DAYS. Down goes Frazier.

Mt Tabor has great Linemen on both sides, Sneaky good; Very Fast at all positions, My only concern, do they have depth late in the season? Ask Richmond Sr. about opening with Mt. Tabor last year (45-7.) ouch. Tremendous team speed defensively.

This won't be popular on this thread but Mt. Tabor might be the toughest team Grimsley plays this year. In Fact, I'm calling the Upset Aug 18th ..15 MORE DAYS. Down goes Frazier.

Mt Tabor has great Linemen on both sides, Sneaky good; Very Fast at all positions, My only concern, do they have depth late in the season? Ask Richmond Sr. about opening with Mt. Tabor last year (45-7.) ouch. Tremendous team speed defensively.
I have been thinking the same thing. I seen/heard some people saying Grimsley would blow them out but I’m calling for an “upset” or a very competitive game.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Yeah, they're claiming the best in the State. They may not be the best in their conference. I should've been more clear I was meaning best in the Metro. NWG will be on their 3rd DC in 3 years. Somehow we're claiming the best in the State? We couldn't stop anyone last year
unfortunately Grimsley's DC retired this summer.

Last edited:
Coach Rigsby has been the DC at Grimsley since Brown came from Southern. Weeks was just helping out where he could.
Weeks just coached D-Line, Rigsbee has been DC since 2018. Coach Phillips was the original DC when Brown came to Grimsley. Phillips is now principal in Rabdleman.

Weeks just coached D-Line, Rigsbee has been DC since 2018. Coach Phillips was the original DC when Brown came to Grimsley. Phillips is now principal in Rabdleman.
gotcha, losing a guy like Weeks is tough no matter how its sliced imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT