ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps 2a rankings after week 2

I definitely explained RPI in depth last year when you started your grumbling then... I get what you're saying but the "programmers" aren't putting in faux equations to generate wanted, biased outcomes.
https://www.maxpreps.com/news/X4MCEfnBEeC-rAAmVebEWg/how-the-maxpreps-rankings-work.htm

maxpreps rankings are based on team wins, competition ranking, and quality wins - similar to RPI which we base playoff seeding on.

...and the one poll you trust is the one that's purely the gut feeling of one man (bc of who is #1 in it).

You are the problem you're attempting to project on the rankings

Will Smith No GIF
You believe that crap don't you? The RPI, haha! I've got some beachfront property in Oklahoma you might be interested in. Gut feeling? I've been following Carolina Prep for many many years. I've always respected Chris Hugh's opinion on high school football. The only thing I value Max Prep for is the ease of access to everyone's schedules and results. Their polls aren't accurate at all. If I'm not mistaken at the END of last season they had 7-5 Shelby still ranked in the top 10. That's not accuracy, that's not performance, that's not who you play ( you got to beat who you play, that's performance), that's favoritism any way you want to put it. Heck, they're still in the top 10 at 0-2. Sure they're a fine program with history but this is 2023; It disrespects other fine programs preventing them from climbing, and taking up space! This will be the last post I make on this topic; I'm not going to change my opinion and neither are you. Oh by the way the Charlotte Observer had Clinton preseason ranked #1. The Observer to 25 of the Carolinas (all classification private and public) have them ranked #25. Not bad for a small city school in eastern North Carolina

I'm more butt hurt about what we're doing to ourselves right now than about trying to kick a field goal for the first time all season, on a sloppy field, for the win, after battling back from 0-14 down, in a 3rd round battle of undefeateds, only to get stopped at the 2 yard line after the botched snap. I don't care about that at all lol.
Yep that wet field back fired for sure. Smallest guy on the field cut the legs out of the big guy to save game for Reidsville

Reactions: Maiden Creek
You believe that crap don't you? The RPI, haha! I've got some beachfront property in Oklahoma you might be interested in. Gut feeling? I've been following Carolina Prep for many many years. I've always respected Chris Hugh's opinion on high school football. The only thing I value Max Prep for is the ease of access to everyone's schedules and results. Their polls aren't accurate at all. If I'm not mistaken at the END of last season they had 7-5 Shelby still ranked in the top 10. That's not accuracy, that's not performance, that's not who you play ( you got to beat who you play, that's performance), that's favoritism any way you want to put it. Heck, they're still in the top 10 at 0-2. Sure they're a fine program with history but this is 2023; It disrespects other fine programs preventing them from climbing, and taking up space! This will be the last post I make on this topic; I'm not going to change my opinion and neither are you. Oh by the way the Charlotte Observer had Clinton preseason ranked #1. The Observer to 25 of the Carolinas (all classification private and public) have them ranked #25. Not bad for a small city school in eastern North Carolina
Sure thing Steve 👍

Yep that wet field back fired for sure. Smallest guy on the field cut the legs out of the big guy to save game for Reidsville
The wet field didn't backfire because we had nothing to do with that. For the 137th time, it was November and it rained several days during the week, and the week before, and that land is swamp land, right next to a creek. Visitors can spit in it. Y'all beat us fair and square. And we kept it close fair and square. It's like the Rams faithful need an excuse for only winning by 2 lol. Y'all won.

Rankings will be interesting by and of October. 2A SOUTHWest will be battle tested and retested by then

Everybody will be dangerous, Chase, Bunker Hill, Monroe, Burns, Forest Hills, Shelby, Salisbury

Not going come on here and make any excuses..last 3 games little mistskes have cost Shelby, but tonight we went toe to toe till few midtakes let Crest pull away....
Ive watched this team grt better each week.
Def. Think we be a hard out in 2a

Not going come on here and make any excuses..last 3 games little mistskes have cost Shelby, but tonight we went toe to toe till few midtakes let Crest pull away....
Shelby makes big plays, but special teams and defense negate offensive gains.

I don't know if a 2a team that could have came out of playing Kings Mountain
AC Reynolds
CREST.
The team ever one supposedly hates.
Could do one bet better.
Shelby could have easily won first 2 games and played there best game tonight vs Crest hate us school, which they are very good at football
lm sure Shelby lost no respect from any of these 3 ,
other than damn we finally beat the Golden Lions
One or 2 wins don't mean crap vs Shelby also people complaining about Shelby being in top 10 in 2a or even top 5 well who in the hell out of the 6th ranked team on down, thinks for sure they can beat Shelby when it counts loser goes home , not saying they can't get beat but, i dont see Shelby making it a habit losing also anybody that knows 2a football has Shelby in
Top 10 right now can't punish a team for playing that kind of schedule infact it should be rewarded same goes for WRH playing
Havelock
Clinton
4a Hoggard

I don't know if a 2a team that could have came out of playing Kings Mountain
AC Reynolds
CREST.
The team ever one supposedly hates.
Could do one bet better.
Shelby could have easily won first 2 games and played there best game tonight vs Crest hate us school, which they are very good at football
lm sure Shelby lost no respect from any of these 3 ,
other than damn we finally beat the Golden Lions
One or 2 wins don't mean crap vs Shelby also people complaining about Shelby being in top 10 in 2a or even top 5 well who in the hell out of the 6th ranked team on down, thinks for sure they can beat Shelby when it counts loser goes home , not saying they can't get beat but, i dont see Shelby making it a habit losing also anybody that knows 2a football has Shelby in
Top 10 right now can't punish a team for playing that kind of schedule infact it should be rewarded same goes for WRH playing
Havelock
Clinton
4a Hoggard
Wrh only 25 min up the road or maybe 30min it's kinda traditional playing them our next door neighbor what I call them
I'm from clinton a true darkhorse class of 98 n my daughter goes to wrh. I know a thing or 2 about Shelby football I've watch them play my horses back then n continuously see them win state n I know that start for Shelby means nothing. Shelby n Reidsville are the 2 best programs I ever seen in 2a. Any classification at that matter. Not saying they will beat every school but history wise they are the better 2 schools.

Wrh only 25 min up the road or maybe 30min it's kinda traditional playing them our next door neighbor what I call them
I'm from clinton a true darkhorse class of 98 n my daughter goes to wrh. I know a thing or 2 about Shelby football I've watch them play my horses back then n continuously see them win state n I know that start for Shelby means nothing. Shelby n Reidsville are the 2 best programs I ever seen in 2a. Any classification at that matter. Not saying they will beat every school but history wise they are the better 2 schools.
I. Agree. I think Shelby and Reidsville are the Class of 2a
By playoffs both will be very good
l give Reidsville the slight edge that is if they get healthy 3 of there best players cornerback running back and best WR kick returner have been out, plus quite a few more out or banged up if they get healthy, but it want be no sure thing if the Rams run into Shelby, l think Rams fans will agree.
But just for this year I'm going to say it's wide open with Clinton being the favorite in East mabe overall, but if they run into East Duplin it could be a tough game ED seems to be in ever game also Northeastern The way they beat JH Rose was impressive.
.There seems to be quite a few good teams this year in the East, Whiteville is also very good even Hereford County could be dangerous by playoffs . Im sure I left a few teams out WRH without saying ,want be no picnic either.

I. Agree. I think Shelby and Reidsville are the Class of 2a
By playoffs both will be very good
l give Reidsville the slight edge that is if they get healthy 3 of there best players cornerback running back and best WR kick returner have been out, plus quite a few more out or banged up if they get healthy, but it want be no sure thing if the Rams run into Shelby, l think Rams fans will agree.
But just for this year I'm going to say it's wide open with Clinton being the favorite in East mabe overall, but if they run into East Duplin it could be a tough game ED seems to be in ever game also Northeastern The way they beat JH Rose was impressive.
.There seems to be quite a few good teams this year in the East, Whiteville is also very good even Hereford County could be dangerous by playoffs . Im sure I left a few teams out WRH without saying ,want be no picnic either.
I'm high on my horses this year but I let the field do the talking I'm not gonna be like some poster n just straight out beat chest about your team. Hey if you know they good say a little and respond to people saying about your team but don't get carried away it can be classless. I give my prompts where it is due. I love high school football n just love to see a badass team no matter who it is.

I'm honestly a little surprised the DarkHorses aren't # 1 after beating Max Preps on ranked top 5 team 56-22; but the ranking isn't important until December and this isn't last year
We'll see, the Horses play 3 preseason top-10 opponents in the first 5 games.

It doesn't matter, Wiz. Nobody is beating Clinton.

I'm high on my horses this year but I let the field do the talking I'm not gonna be like some poster n just straight out beat chest about your team. Hey if you know they good say a little and respond to people saying about your team but don't get carried away it can be classless. I give my prompts where it is due. I love high school football n just love to see a badass team no matter who it is.
Great post, I agree with you 💯.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT