19. West Lincoln
20. Princeton
21. Hertford
22. Randleman
23. Providence Grove
24. East Gaston
25. East Surry

How interesting….

I'm honestly a little surprised the DarkHorses aren't # 1 after beating Max Preps on ranked top 5 team 56-22; but the ranking isn't important until December and this isn't last year
We'll see, the Horses play 3 preseason top-10 opponents in the first 5 games.

Last edited:
I'm honestly a little surprised the DarkHorses aren't # 1 after beating a top 5 team 56-22; but the ranking isn't important until December and this isn't last year
It's a good spot don't think they need to be ahead of the rams. I would be ok with a 3rd or 4th spot. Alot of football left

I'm honestly a little surprised the DarkHorses aren't # 1 after beating a top 5 team 56-22; but the ranking isn't important until December and this isn't last year
You know these polls are supposed to be yearly, but they are almost always historical. A team can be undefeated with a top 3 toughest schedule, but if Reidsville is also undefeated, Reidsville will be ranked 1st based on their name alone.

You know these polls are supposed to be yearly, but they are almost always historical. A team can be undefeated with a top 3 toughest schedule, but if Reidsville is also undefeated, Reidsville will be ranked 1st based on their name alone.
I wouldn't get caught up in all that. 1 or 2 or 3 does it really matter now? In the end there is an old saying: " Ball don't lie!".

The MaxPreps computer doesn't care what the names of the teams are at all. Computer rankings are different than polls where people vote.

I think it should be based on who you beat especially against the polls on ranked teams. Past history shoul mean nothing, this is 2023 not a history lesson

Literally 2 seasons ago rams were undefeated and Shelby had a loss and Reidsville travelled to Shelby in playoffs. So obviously this dude has no idea what he talking about.

The MaxPreps computer doesn't care what the names of the teams are at all. Computer rankings are different than polls where people vote.
well what does the computer that generates the ranking, what does it care about, factor in? Its own rankings? The association uses Max Prep in seeding so do you mean there's no human factor in it? When the computer doesn't value its own rankings what good is it?

1. Reidsville
2. Clinton
3. Salisbury
4. Burns
5. Monroe
6. East Duplin
7. Northeastern
8. Forest Hills
9. Shelby
10. CHASE
11. Bunker Hill
12. Whiteville
13. Nash Central
14. Maiden
15. WRH
16. Holmes
17. CSD
18. James Kenan
19. West Lincoln
20. Princeton
21. Hertford
22. Randleman
23. Providence Grove
24. East Gaston
25. East Surry

How interesting….
Wow. I want to like Providence Grove at #23.......but I just can't right now.

well what does the computer that generates the ranking, what does it care about, factor in? Its own rankings? The association uses Max Prep in seeding so do you mean there's no human factor in it? When the computer doesn't value its own rankings what good is it?
Well Wiz, the human factor means fans will want to vote their team #1 as you have shown. That is why the computers don't give a flip about the name of the teams, just how they have performed.

If you want your Dark Horses to be #1 just keep winning and hope the injured Rams players don't play against Eastern Alamance a week from Friday and you will get your wish.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well Wiz, the human factor means fans will want to vote their team #1 as you have shown. That is why the computers don't give a flip about the name of the teams, just how they have performed.

If you want your Dark Horses to be #1 just keep winning and hope the injured Rams players don't play against Eastern Alamance a week from Friday and you will get your wish.
How they performed? Interesting. Computers don’t know that. They only know the data that’s put in them
The Carolina Prep Poll this week is much more accurate and realistic
Mule. As far a Eastern Alamance, that’s the only decent team on the Rams schedule, meanwhile the Hirses are playing ranked teams (other than this week) I’ll admit the conference schedule is weak about like the Ram’s

Last edited:
How they performed? Interesting. Computers don’t know that. They only know the data that’s put in them
Mule. As far a Eastern Alamance, that’s the only decent team on the Rams schedule, meanwhile the Hirses are playing ranked teams (other than this week) I’ll admit the conference schedule is weak about like the Ram’s
You mean the Carolina Prep poll that had Reidsville ranked #7 and Shelby #24?

The data that's put in them. Yes. Unbiased... black and white...matter-of-fact...data. Void of opinion and a direct result of your performance. Data that gets more and more accurate as the season progresses.

The Carolina Prep Poll is one man's opinion if I'm not mistaken. A very informed guru's opinion, but opinion nonetheless.

@TheMule I explain this every year to Wiz.

That being said. I believe Clinton is #1 in the East.

Food Lion has cheese on sale.

• Haha
The data that's put in them. Yes. Unbiased... black and white...matter-of-fact...data. Void of opinion and a direct result of your performance. Data that gets more and more accurate as the season progresses.

The Carolina Prep Poll is one man's opinion if I'm not mistaken. A very informed guru's opinion, but opinion nonetheless.

Computer polls aren’t worth a flip!

GrizzlyDevil, no you never really explained it to me. You stated an opinion but not an explanation . Computers only know what humans put into them. Computer programs have algorithms and that’s anything the programmer want to make.​

GrizzlyDevil, no you never really explained it to me. You stated an opinion but not an explanation . Computers only know what humans put into them. Computer programs have algorithms and that’s anything the programmer want to make.​

I definitely explained RPI in depth last year when you started your grumbling then... I get what you're saying but the "programmers" aren't putting in faux equations to generate wanted, biased outcomes.
https://www.maxpreps.com/news/X4MCEfnBEeC-rAAmVebEWg/how-the-maxpreps-rankings-work.htm

maxpreps rankings are based on team wins, competition ranking, and quality wins - similar to RPI which we base playoff seeding on.

...and the one poll you trust is the one that's purely the gut feeling of one man (bc of who is #1 in it).

You are the problem you're attempting to project on the rankings

Will Smith No GIF

SWE is just butt hurt and always will be. We all know why lol
I'm more butt hurt about what we're doing to ourselves right now than about trying to kick a field goal for the first time all season, on a sloppy field, for the win, after battling back from 0-14 down, in a 3rd round battle of undefeateds, only to get stopped at the 2 yard line after the botched snap. I don't care about that at all lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT