ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps 2a ranking after week 4

Just make sure that pipeline does not detour to Boiling Springs. Lack of success or a subpar season now days makes parents want to bounce.
The school in Shelby wins a title this year before the school in Boiling Springs. West Charlotte, Dudley, South Point....gonna be a tough road in 3A west. 2A West is going to be tough too, but the school in Shelby has already played their hardest opponents.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The school in Shelby wins a title this year before the school in Boiling Springs. West Charlotte, Dudley, South Point....gonna be a tough road in 3A west. 2A West is going to be tough too, but the school in Shelby has already played their hardest opponents.
I haven't seen Dudley yet, but have the other schools. If SP is clicking and have stopped putting the ball on the ground, they can slow grind a team. They can't have 1 turnover in that game because it's a score for Crest. Also have to have excellent special teams coverage play. West Charlotte's weakness on defense plays into Crest strength on offense tremendously. West Charlotte has no offense and cannot score with Crest. All that said, 'any given Friday, any team can lose.'

I haven't seen Dudley yet, but have the other schools. If SP is clicking and have stopped putting the ball on the ground, they can slow grind a team. They can't have 1 turnover in that game because it's a score for Crest. Also have to have excellent special teams coverage play. West Charlotte's weakness on defense plays into Crest strength on offense tremendously. West Charlotte has no offense and cannot score with Crest. All that said, 'any given Friday, any team can lose.'
Crest defense is as weak as W. Charlotte offense so that dimension is a stalemate. It will be a competitive game.

Nope speak for yourself. Im not giving the Eastern Champion to anyone in week 5. I agree Clinton is the heavy favorite but I remember last year and everyone was saying ED couldn't beat Reidsville. Most were saying they would get blown out by 40 or 50 points. Other than the Wiz and Dogs79. I give them credit. Now before some of y'all start losing your minds I not saying ED is the team to do it heck they may not even win Friday night. And if Clinton does I'll say good luck and go bring back the title to the east. So don't say everyone Goob!!!
I for one didn’t think ED would beat Reidsville. That Gabby kid was special.

Crest defense is as weak as W. Charlotte offense so that dimension is a stalemate. It will be a competitive game.
Disagree on that. Their (Crest) defense played some offensive play makers and teams with good qb play. WC offense has played good defenses but they have no run blocking or passing game(u know what you say about those type teams,lol) and they literally quick pitch left and quick pitch right with a rare counter.

I'm not gonna say all that but I can say that year it was a robbery.. the ref even apologized later.
The association sent a letter of apology for what it was worth. The play that was later reviewed to to death showed it was simple robbery

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob
I for one didn’t think ED would beat Reidsville. That Gabby kid was special.

I actually wasn't too surprised(a little bit)

Reidsville falls under a spell in the middle of the game and their run defense was kind of suspect. Clinton also dozes at times, so ED could get them as well.

As I watched that title game go on, I saw what was about to happen.

Bunn robbed us from going to the state championship in 2015. The officials put more time on the clock when the time had clearly run out. They had no timeout but with officials adding time to an expired clock it enabled them to kick a fg for their win
Skinner was a great running back! Followed him throughout his college career. If that team had this 2023 defense they would have beaten the refs too. When you’re really good you can do that!
I was at that game; yes, the ref had no reason to add time at the end of regulation; clearly the game should have ended in regulation with Clinton on top.
But I also recall that in OT, Bunn had it first, scored and kicked the XP to go up by 7. Then Clinton's turn, and after scoring they missed the XP kick which would have sent it to a 2nd OT. Playing on the road and with Bunn having the ball last in the next OT round, I was thinking Clinton with Skinner might have wanted to go for 2 there instead of kicking and get the walk-off win.
I was on the Bunn side and IIRC that was their first eastern championship, so can't say i wasn't pulling for them to win (very nice fans), just not in the way the ref put them in position to win. But again, once it went to OT then Bunn had to go and win it and they did.

I was at that game; yes, the ref had no reason to add time at the end of regulation; clearly the game should have ended in regulation with Clinton on top.
But I also recall that in OT, Bunn had it first, scored and kicked the XP to go up by 7. Then Clinton's turn, and after scoring they missed the XP kick which would have sent it to a 2nd OT. Playing on the road and with Bunn having the ball last in the next OT round, I was thinking Clinton with Skinner might have wanted to go for 2 there instead of kicking and get the walk-off win.
I was on the Bunn side and IIRC that was their first eastern championship, so can't say i wasn't pulling for them to win (very nice fans), just not in the way the ref put them in position to win. But again, once it went to OT then Bunn had to go and win it and they did.
Wouldn't have been no ot is all I'm saying so therefore a robbery

Yes I would have took the chance on my nephew to go in for the 2 points still not a guarantee but with the amount of rushing yards ryheem(nephew) had that year(over2,000). I think he comes in #2 all time in rushing yards total in the school history. Correct me if I'm wrong fellow clintonaires

Goob you know I'm messing with ya. I do think your Eagles are one of the better teams. Y'all got a shot also. Them Eagles love a shootout. Have confidence my man
Oh yeah I know. @oldway55 unless our defense miraculously appears I don’t see us winning the east. I do think we have good chance to make the eastern finals if we are on the opposite side of the brackets from Clinton. I think there’s a lot of parity amongst NE,WC,HC,wrh, and Whiteville. I’m not sold on a couple of these teams but there’s a lot of football left to play.

Oh yeah I know. @oldway55 unless our defense miraculously appears I don’t see us winning the east. I do think we have good chance to make the eastern finals if we are on the opposite side of the brackets from Clinton. I think there’s a lot of parity amongst NE,WC,HC,wrh, and Whiteville. I’m not sold on a couple of these teams but there’s a lot of football left to play.
Dang man you didn't even include us🤣

Lol, that was just a mistake. I have the east stacked like this
1. Clinton
2. East Duplin
3. Northeastern
4. Whiteville
5. Wallace Rose Hill

That’s my top 5 with West Craven and Hertford County h just outside
I hope you are right 🤣

The association sent a letter of apology for what it was worth. The play that was later reviewed to to death showed it was simple robbery
Damn y'all still talking about the ref putting time back on the clock at Bunn. Every school's had bad calls.Maybe you should call Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe. I think you have a case!

Wouldn't have been no ot is all I'm saying so therefore a robbery
Also, doen the stretch our qb ran out of bounds on 2nd effort. If he hadn't run out of bounds we could have taken some serious time off the clock, but as it was they added time anyway. The only time in any ball game I wondered if the officials were.......

Yes I would have took the chance on my nephew to go in for the 2 points still not a guarantee but with the amount of rushing yards ryheem(nephew) had that year(over2,000). I think he comes in #2 all time in rushing yards total in the school history. Correct me if I'm wrong fellow clintonaires
I think you're correct; Nick Cooper 2004-2006 is all all-time leading rusher I think.

Damn y'all still talking about the ref putting time back on the clock at Bunn. Every school's had bad calls.Maybe you should call Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe. I think you have a case!
I didn't start it tho I said something about it after I seen it. Those attorneys u name gotta be round your way cause I have no idea who they are never heard if them. People round hear calls Burch n Roger's or james Scott Farrin😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT