ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps 2a ranking after week 7

I appreciate your bracket post . Gives us all a lot to think about. Isn't it strange how the RPI's seem to change so often. Since you do these predictions I wonder your thoughts on it.
They're constantly double checking and finding little mistakes.

They still have some teams wrong. East Carteret is listed in 1A East, so I have to grab them...also this is the first week I've seen SE Alamance in RPI...new school looks like.

Plus, I think there is a master update sheet they input the new data into and it auto updates every hour or so. So even though it says updated...it may have only updated each teams new record and not their owp or their oowp.

Also, some teams are late compared to others in reporting the results to Maxpreps.

Maxpreps auto-populates the results to the NCHSAA website which then in turn uses the formula posted to calculate the RPI.

Keep in mind, the rankings are a result of that and updated as scores are entered. In addition, some games are rescheduled to nights other than Friday. There was actually a game played tonight between Bear Grass and Columbia that might have impacted the formula for teams depending on who has played who. Remember, its a teams winning percentage, their opponents winning percentage and the opponents-opponents winning percentage used in the formula.

Like it or not, there is a formula used to get the RPI for each team. It is posted in various areas for all to see (not going to search for it and post because I am sleepy...lol). It is not discussed in a top secret chamber and then made to fit the agendas by people wearing three piece suits and shades speaking in code.

I think he is wrong. They may drop the loss but I don’t think there will be a win given. Title is vacated. I guess they can keep the rings. But I think to show cheating does not pay off the title and win should go to Grimsley.
I don’t know how I missed y'all's next game for a good game to watch, but, West Craven vs Farmville Central sure looks like one. I’m adding that game to list.

Good luck! Otis

In this case it was blatant cheating. The coach left cause he knew his contract would not be renewed. The principle was allowed to retire. It’s been a bad look for New Bern and the BOE in Craven County for their lack of oversight. But what was released today only deals with last years schedule and championship win. There is still the matter of 5 games this year.
Where did Newbern ex coach go?

They're constantly double checking and finding little mistakes.

They still have some teams wrong. East Carteret is listed in 1A East, so I have to grab them...also this is the first week I've seen SE Alamance in RPI...new school looks like.

Plus, I think there is a master update sheet they input the new data into and it auto updates every hour or so. So even though it says updated...it may have only updated each teams new record and not their owp or their oowp.
Thanks. That makes sense. Helps me understand it better too. Since you do these predictions I knew you would know better than me or a lot of others.

Also, some teams are late compared to others in reporting the results to Maxpreps.

Maxpreps auto-populates the results to the NCHSAA website which then in turn uses the formula posted to calculate the RPI.

Keep in mind, the rankings are a result of that and updated as scores are entered. In addition, some games are rescheduled to nights other than Friday. There was actually a game played tonight between Bear Grass and Columbia that might have impacted the formula for teams depending on who has played who. Remember, its a teams winning percentage, their opponents winning percentage and the opponents-opponents winning percentage used in the formula.

Like it or not, there is a formula used to get the RPI for each team. It is posted in various areas for all to see (not going to search for it and post because I am sleepy...lol). It is not discussed in a top secret chamber and then made to fit the agendas by people wearing three piece suits and shades speaking in code.
Thanks. You also have helped me better understand it. It just seems to me I wouldn't release it until all information been turned in. I never said I didn't like it. I am just trying to better understand it. I can see where others might get confused also.

2A QB Stat Leaders:

There is no easy way to export the data off the site...so I only recorded the data of the top 15 QB's by passing yards. I used these 15 quarterbacks to sort who was the best 5 in some individual categories.

Top 5 Pass Yards
PlacePlayerTeamPass Yds
1C FergusonCS Davidson1,670
2L FarmerShelby1,531
3L AdairNewton 👿 1,509
4T JonesN'Eastern1,485
5B SwettBandys ⚔️1,371

Top 5 Comp %
PlacePlayerTeamComp%
1L AdairNewton 👿69.0%
2J KirkpatrickRandleman66.1%
3B SwettBandys ⚔️64.7%
4B MauneyBurns64.6%
5L FarmerShelby62.5%

Top 5 Pass TDs
PlacePlayerTeamPass TD
1L FarmerShelby26
2L AdairNewton 👿20
3T JonesN'Eastern19
3C FergusonCS Davidson19
5J StoverMaiden 🔱18

Top 5 TD/INT Ratio
PlacePlayerTeamTD/INT
1J KirkpatrickRandleman6.50
2J StoverMaiden 🔱6.00
3L FarmerShelby5.20
4B MauneyBurns5.00
5A LeeReidsville4.00

Top 5 QB Rating
PlacePlayerTeamQB Rat
1B MauneyBurns132.0
2J StoverMaiden 🔱126.0
3L FarmerShelby124.0
3T JonesN'Eastern124.0
5J KirkpatrickRandleman123.0
5L AdairNewton 👿123.0

2A Rushing Leaders:

Top 5 Rushing Yards
PlacePlayerTeamRush Yds
1J RuleSalisbury1,417
2C KerrWRH1,376
3T SpencerN'Eastern1,352
4G BolivarPine Lake Prep1,313
5J DellingerEast Burke 🗡️ 1,142

Top 5 YDs/Carry
PlacePlayerTeamYPC
1T SpencerN'Eastern15.2
2J PaylorCummings13.5
3J RuleSalisbury10.3
4M FullerNorth Lenoir10.1
5G BolivarPine Lake Prep10.0

Top 5 TDs
PlacePlayerTeamRush Tds
1J WilloughbySW Edgecombe18
2J RuleSalisbury17
2C KerrWRH17
4T SpencerN'Eastern16
5J Willis JrBunker Hill 🐻15

2A QB Stat Leaders:

There is no easy way to export the data off the site...so I only recorded the data of the top 15 QB's by passing yards. I used these 15 quarterbacks to sort who was the best 5 in some individual categories.

Top 5 Pass Yards
PlacePlayerTeamPass Yds
2L FarmerShelby1,531
3L AdairNewton 👿1,509
4T JonesN'Eastern1,485
5B SwettBandys ⚔️1,371

Top 5 Comp %
PlacePlayerTeamComp%
1L AdairNewton 👿69.0%
3B SwettBandys ⚔️64.7%
4B MauneyBurns64.6%
5L FarmerShelby62.5%

Top 5 Pass TDs
PlacePlayerTeamPass TD
1L FarmerShelby26
2L AdairNewton 👿20
3T JonesN'Eastern19
3C FergusonCS Davidson19
5J StoverMaiden 🔱18

Top 5 TD/INT Ratio
PlacePlayerTeamTD/INT
2J StoverMaiden 🔱6.00
3L FarmerShelby5.20
4B MauneyBurns5.00
5A LeeReidsville4.00

Top 5 QB Rating
PlacePlayerTeamQB Rat
1B MauneyBurns132.0
2J StoverMaiden 🔱126.0
3L FarmerShelby124.0
3T JonesN'Eastern124.0
5L AdairNewton 👿123.0
Looks like Farmer for Shelby is getting it done. He’s listed in every category.

2A Receiving Leaders:

Top 5 Rec Yards
PlacePlayerTeamRec Yds
1C ObregonBandys ⚔️ 826
2I BridgesShelby669
3B AlbertCS Davidson667
4K Little-BurgessNorth Pitt666
5T CopperKinston629

Top 5 Receptions
PlacePlayerTeamRec
1B AlbertCS Davidson63
2D WalkerSalisbury40
3C ObregonBandys ⚔️37
4I BridgesShelby36
5T MullinsCS Davidson35

Top 5 Rec TDs
PlacePlayerTeamRec TDs
1C ObregonBandys ⚔️10
1I BridgesShelby10
3T HarneyN'Eastern9
4B AlbertCS Davidson8
4D WalkerSalisbury8

2A QB Stat Leaders:

Top 5 Pass Yards
PlacePlayerTeamPass Yds
2L FarmerShelby1,531
3L AdairNewton 👿1,509
4T JonesN'Eastern1,485
5B SwettBandys ⚔️1,371

Top 5 Comp %
PlacePlayerTeamComp%
1L AdairNewton 👿69.0%
3B SwettBandys ⚔️64.7%
4B MauneyBurns64.6%
5L FarmerShelby62.5%

Top 5 Pass TDs
PlacePlayerTeamPass TD
1L FarmerShelby26
2L AdairNewton 👿20
3T JonesN'Eastern19
3C FergusonCS Davidson19
5J StoverMaiden 🔱18

Top 5 TD/INT Ratio
PlacePlayerTeamTD/INT
2J StoverMaiden 🔱6.00
3L FarmerShelby5.20
4B MauneyBurns5.00
5A LeeReidsville4.00

Top 5 QB Rating
PlacePlayerTeamQB Rat
1B MauneyBurns132.0
2J StoverMaiden 🔱126.0
3L FarmerShelby124.0
3T JonesN'Eastern124.0
5L AdairNewton 👿123.0

You an excel expert?

2A QB Stat Leaders:

Top 5 Pass Yards
PlacePlayerTeamPass Yds
2L FarmerShelby1,531
3L AdairNewton 👿1,509
4T JonesN'Eastern1,485
5B SwettBandys ⚔️1,371

Top 5 Comp %
PlacePlayerTeamComp%
1L AdairNewton 👿69.0%
3B SwettBandys ⚔️64.7%
4B MauneyBurns64.6%
5L FarmerShelby62.5%

Top 5 Pass TDs
PlacePlayerTeamPass TD
1L FarmerShelby26
2L AdairNewton 👿20
3T JonesN'Eastern19
3C FergusonCS Davidson19
5J StoverMaiden 🔱18

Top 5 TD/INT Ratio
PlacePlayerTeamTD/INT
2J StoverMaiden 🔱6.00
3L FarmerShelby5.20
4B MauneyBurns5.00
5A LeeReidsville4.00

Top 5 QB Rating
PlacePlayerTeamQB Rat
1B MauneyBurns132.0
2J StoverMaiden 🔱126.0
3L FarmerShelby124.0
3T JonesN'Eastern124.0
5L AdairNewton 👿123.0

Newton and Bunker Hill open my eyes too

2A QB Stat Leaders:

Top 5 Pass Yards
PlacePlayerTeamPass Yds
2L FarmerShelby1,531
3L AdairNewton 👿 1,509
4T JonesN'Eastern1,485
5B SwettBandys ⚔️1,371

Top 5 Comp %
PlacePlayerTeamComp%
1L AdairNewton 👿69.0%
3B SwettBandys ⚔️64.7%
4B MauneyBurns64.6%
5L FarmerShelby62.5%

Top 5 Pass TDs
PlacePlayerTeamPass TD
1L FarmerShelby26
2L AdairNewton 👿20
3T JonesN'Eastern19
3C FergusonCS Davidson19
5J StoverMaiden 🔱18

Top 5 TD/INT Ratio
PlacePlayerTeamTD/INT
2J StoverMaiden 🔱6.00
3L FarmerShelby5.20
4B MauneyBurns5.00
5A LeeReidsville4.00

Top 5 QB Rating
PlacePlayerTeamQB Rat
1B MauneyBurns132.0
2J StoverMaiden 🔱126.0
3L FarmerShelby124.0
3T JonesN'Eastern124.0
5L AdairNewton 👿123.0
Trent Sherrill, East Gaston. Over 6 games. QB rating is 131.0. 68 of 99 passing, 1004 yrds passing, 472 yrds rushing, 9 TDs, 1 interception. He's pretty good, just giving him props.

Trent Sherrill, East Gaston. Over 6 games. QB rating is 131.0. 68 of 99 passing, 1004 yrds passing, 472 yrds rushing, 9 TDs, 1 interception. He's pretty good, just giving him props.
I saw that...just wasn't in the top 15 in passing yards. Excellent stats.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
But yet you read every single word of it....

Man you get more croggedy the older you yet Mr,C lol...
So it won’t be “croggedy” if Clinton is fortunate to play your Lions for the state championship. (It could happen) if so It would be like 1997 all over again
And tell me what’s worth reading when 2/3 of the data is inaccurate and updated on a daily basis. Heck the sometimes don’t even have schools in the correct classification! Next year we won’t have to worry anbout the anssociation calculating and administering it and the numerous mistakes made in these so called projections. Why not wait till week 8 or 9 when the data MIGHT be more accurate assuming it’s all collected.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
So it won’t be “croggedy” if Clinton is fortunate to play your Lions for the state championship. (It could happen) if so It would be like 1997 all over again
And tell me what’s worth reading when 2/3 of the data is inaccurate and updated on a daily basis. Heck the sometimes don’t even have schools in the correct classification! Next year we won’t have to worry anbout the anssociation calculating and administering it and the numerous mistakes made in these so called projections. Why not wait till week 8 or 9 when the data MIGHT be more accurate assuming it’s all collected.
This is not one of Shelby's better seasons, but I'd venture to say we would beat the 910 all star recruits by at least 21 this season....BUT in my opinion neither will be in title game especially Clinton..... Clinton is good but they aren't State title good.... You have 10 and a runningback.... Cintons passing game is pitiful at best (yes I have watched them twice)... You havent played anyone that is "good, yet"...You know it, I know it and pretty much everyone else knows it....

Enjoy your probable undefeated regular season, but you will be watching the championship game on the NFHS network with the rest of us.....

PS: please proof read your posts before you hit "post reply" the vast majority of the literate public find it hard to decipher what you are saying.....

GO EAST DUPLIN

In this case it was blatant cheating. The coach left cause he knew his contract would not be renewed. The principle was allowed to retire. It’s been a bad look for New Bern and the BOE in Craven County for their lack of oversight. But what was released today only deals with last years schedule and championship win. There is still the matter of 5 games this year.
What happened with the AD? Isn’t he part of compliance too?

Shelby Lion, so you want to play the 'little professor" on me. You had no difficulty reading. You know nothing about Clinton, particularly their passing game Reducing them to two players is just ignorant. You’re just hating because you kitties are ittrlevant this year As for not playing anyone, Clinton beat Wallace -Rose Hill; Whiteville, and Princeton when they were ranked in Max Prep's top 10.
If Shelby is fortunate enough to play the DarkHorses and I say IF and you want to give me 21 points, how much money do you want to bet? I believe in putting your money where your mouth is..I know it's a tough season for you guys so if you can't praise your team, you attempt to tear down another. You're right though, the kitties are not great this year, they've just played some really good teams but the objective is to WIN the game. I could say the same about Monroe. I think some other western teams are better, but the media plays their favorites.
Now I've given you some typos for you to hunt through.
I remember everything about the 2014 Kittens/DarkHorse game, but I still hear you hurtin' from the 1997 loss, a loss your fans said at the time it absolutely would not occur.
Have a great what's left of your season. Dark Horse fans will. At least y’all might finish .500 Like you said YOU can watch it all on NFHS
I haven't even thought of your kittens until you brought up the subject!
Go Crest

Last edited:
  • Haha
This is not one of Shelby's better seasons, but I'd venture to say we would beat the 910 all star recruits by at least 21 this season....BUT in my opinion neither will be in title game especially Clinton..... Clinton is good but they aren't State title good.... You have 10 and a runningback.... Cintons passing game is pitiful at best (yes I have watched them twice)... You havent played anyone that is "good, yet"...You know it, I know it and pretty much everyone else knows it....

Enjoy your probable undefeated regular season, but you will be watching the championship game on the NFHS network with the rest of us.....

PS: please proof read your posts before you hit "post reply" the vast majority of the literate public find it hard to decipher what you are saying.....

GO EAST DUPLIN

@crestrulz? Did you hack @Shelby Lion 's account or he give you the passoword?

Wiz Clinton hasn’t been relevant since Moby Dick was a Minnow …

They start out decent this season with the Down East All Stars , you reappear from your “quiet” “we suck” years and begin telling everyone how wrong they are about everything , with your usual bloviating nonsensical meanderings

Then you get your triple X depends in a bunch and block everyone because you get all whiny over polls and such that doesn’t mean anything

Take it somewhere else paw paw, you can’t rattle me I can do this all day …

Last edited:
Oh by the way I was bored and figured I’d pick on someone’s team! Wiz is a good dude met him several times but he gets a little too antsy on Preps occasionally and has to be brought back down to earth lol! He’s probably already blocked me so he may not see this

Clinton is good I know that I’m just being contrary to be contrary ..

Oh it’s nice to see the dude that calls everyone young buck back too considering he’s been banned like 47 times …. Hope he doesn’t threaten to come beat me up again in my trailer of whatever he says …. Lol

Oh by the way I was bored and figured I’d pick on someone’s team! Wiz is a good dude met him several times but he gets a little too antsy on Preps occasionally and has to be brought back down to earth lol! He’s probably already blocked me so he may not see this

Clinton is good I know that I’m just being contrary to be contrary ..

Oh it’s nice to see the dude that calls everyone young buck back too considering he’s been banned like 47 times …. Hope he doesn’t threaten to come beat me up again in my trailer of whatever he says …. Lol

Lol young grasshopper, heard you struggling to eat, ever since your lions have shit the bed this year. That shot hopefully is working, 5'3 and 300lbs isn't good on the bod. Lol just messing with ya. I come on here for some fun. Some you guys take this wayyyyy to serious, especially old wizzzz UUUU. I've heard he is the head booster housing 8/9 these 5⭐ Alabama recruits in his double wide. Clinton UUUU is the meca of highschool football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT