ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Beam

Originally posted by crestrulz:
Originally posted by Lawn12Dog:

DBD if the man wants to work there how can the "board"..... (aka merry band of idiots) deny him that right ?
Politics my friend. Your former coach pissed off Shelby, and trust me when I tell you that those clowns will do whatever it takes to keep him out.

All this stuff is mostly for fun, but you believe this right here.

It's has never been about Burns VS Crest or Crest VS Burns anywhere except the football field. In all other aspects it has always been US against Them.

They will not rest until they're back atop the ladder. Just look around and see where the new schools get built, the fancy new baseball stadiums get built. Look where the money goes. Follow the flow bro. They have an image of themselves, they want to portray to all that will look. We know that image is a mirage, it's an eminence front, it's a put on. All one has to do is go over there on a Friday night and look around with a clear mind and open eyes.

Beam pissed them off. He bucked the system. Much like Crest fans, he couldn't give a bucket of three week old rat piss about them. He scoffed at them, and they hate him. Not the average dolt on NCPREPS mind you. But, those that think of themselves as little gods around here. They hate him.

There will be those who come on here after this post and deny, deny, deny. Remember all you have to do is LOOK AROUND.

This post was edited on 2/12 4:40 PM by crestrulz
+1 The Truth never changes just like small town politics never changes.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

LOL! No I'm not bitter. I simply told the truth about Shelby, and how they do things. You know it's true. SHS LION and me do this all the time. He gives as good as he gets, I don't feel sorry for him.

Why would I be bitter? We're the County Champs, SMAC Champs, State Champs. You want Tre gone like I said. He manhandles your defense, is that a lie? Shelby folks pissed and moaned about Beam, and he's gone. Is that a lie? Look where that New middle school is. Is that a lie? Look at that baseball stadium, is that a lie?

I didn't see you dispute any of it. I'm not bitter. Good job, beautiful wife, successful children. I watched 16 football games and we won them all. Bitter is something someone types when they have nothing else they can say 98.I have no idea who the next Crest coach will be, don't care. I simply typed Matt Beam, on purpose, and look what has transpired.

I did enjoy your work on the 4A board earlier. Classic.
Bitter? Rulz you would think he would know after reading your posts for the last ten years the difference between bitter and just being a asshole.
laugh.r191677.gif
laugh.r191677.gif

Rulz is always quick to bring up the location of SMS and so called politics being in favor of SHS, but it's Crest who has benefitted the most from politics in this city, in regards to football by having players that should have attended SHS through the years... decades, bypassing SHS enroute to Crest. Crest has benefitted from the zoning of this city, and WE ALL KNOW what that's has been about.

Shelby High School has actually suffered the most from the politics and the screwed up zoning by being the smallest school in Cleveland County. That has never made any sense. It's utterly ridiculous, but there's no need to be redundant and go into details. Again, We All Know what that has been about. Well, screw it! It's been about moderating Black attendance at SHS, which Crest and Burns both has benefitted from, but especially Crest... Burns from the northern part of SHELBY, and Crest from damn near all over. Imagine if Crest was truly Boiling Springs, Crest. Wonder how successful their program would have been. You yuns have a great day.

This post was edited on 2/13 12:43 PM by Lion Attack

Politics has nothing to do with people fleeing the areas around Shelby HS and not wanting their kids to go there. They changed the zones after Shelby begged their way into Cleveland County school system. Crest and Burns could have just let you guys wither on the vine.

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
Rulz is always quick to bring up the location of SMS and so called politics being in favor of SHS, but it's Crest who has benefitted the most from politics in this city, in regards to football by having players that should have attended SHS through the years... decades, bypassing SHS enroute to Crest. Crest has benefitted from the zoning of this city, and WE ALL KNOW what that's has been about.

Shelby High School has actually suffered the most from the politics and the screwed up zoning by being the smallest school in Cleveland County. That has never made any sense. It's utterly ridiculous, but there's no need to be redundant and go into details. Again, We All Know what that has been about. Well, screw it! It's been about moderating Black attendance at SHS, which Crest and Burns both has benefitted from, but especially Crest... Burns from the northern part of SHELBY, and Crest from damn near all over. Imagine if Crest was truly Boiling Springs, Crest. Wonder how successful their program would have been. You yuns have a great day.

This post was edited on 2/13 12:43 PM by Lion Attack
Deny, Deny, Deny. Nice try my friend. We all no the deal. Look around.

Also, did you just really type that there is some sort of conspiracy to keep the black numbers down at Shelby? I mean no offense, just want to make sure that is what I'm reading.

I'd like to tell you that years ago when all the money was in the city and the County was struggling and begged for the systems to merge it was the city that said NO. When the money moved to the County the city changed its mind. That's a fact.

Also, I rode by Shelby High every day on my way to Crest, and I'm as white as they get. A bunch of us "white" kids did. There is much more to it than a race issue, once again, no offense. I do agree with you that Shelby should not be the smallest school in the County, it should be equal. In fact, there should only be two schools in Cleveland County, period. One between Lawndale and Kings Mountain, and one between Crest and Shelby.

We see whee the money is spent. We see where the schools are built. The "smallest" school in the County has a nice new pressbox, a theatre, a AAA baseball stadium etc... etc.... etc.... The rest of us just struggle along. Before I forget it LA, you have just as many black kids on your team as Crest does.

Originally posted by crestcharger02:
Politics has nothing to do with people fleeing the areas around Shelby HS and not wanting their kids to go there. They changed the zones after Shelby begged their way into Cleveland County school system. Crest and Burns could have just let you guys wither on the vine.
You are correct, and the County should have let them wither.

No conspiracy with keeping Black attendance TODAY. I was referencing how it had been in past years, and with Holly Oak Park Apartments, and Light Oak bypassing SHS to get to Crest and Lenoir Drive and parts of Robertsdale going all the way to Lawndale, Burns, it was very much about numbers and racial balance, and you know this.

No conspiracy with keeping Black attendance TODAY. I was referencing how it had been in past years, and with Holly Oak Park Apartments, and Light Oak bypassing SHS to get to Crest and Lenoir Drive and parts of Robertsdale going all the way to Lawndale, Burns, it was very much about numbers and racial balance, and you know this.
Oh, okay. I agree with you then. You're absolutely correct.

Getting back to the topic at hand (because none us can change what is already done and things are the way they are) Crest is coach less. Which is an issue, We got the talent, now we gotta find the right man to use that talent.

I don't know the details about Beam, he might have some chance to come back. He might not even want too...but I do know that we should have a record number of applicants apply, and some of them will be more than qualified...we just have to trust that the school admin's will do their homework.

Will Clark will be a top candidate should he be interested. I would like to see Lloyd personally, but I doubt he applies.

I did leave that detail out referencing past years in which I was. I have no patience typing on a phone. Anyway, who is Will Clark? He and Beam are the hot names, the buzz around here.

I did leave that detail out referencing past years in which I was. I have no patience typing on a phone. Anyway, who is Will Clark? He and Beam are the hot names, the buzz around here.
He's the defensive coordinator. Came from Scotland County, I think. He's be a fine choice IMO.

I agree Clark would be a good choice and he would get the job done.

There will be alot of people to choose from but when it comes to trusting anyone that is in an administrative position with the Cleveland county school system that a slippery slope!

As far as Lloyd goes I don't like it at all with the spot that our program is in right now that would be a regression he would be in over his head the day he took over just like Kirby was, this job I build for an established coach with a resume to speak of.

This sucks bad we had the best man for the job he proved it over and over!

He's the defensive coordinator. Came from Scotland County, I think. He's be a fine choice IMO.
Helping orchestrate two Red Raider midget losses should shoot him to the top.

Oh yeah one concern about Clark he came from a back ground of running the option or wish bone or whet every you want to call it and I would rather slide down a razor blade slide into a pool of alcohol than to have to go watch that every Friday night!

The 4 names that I keep hearing around these parts are Byus, Beam, Lloyd and Clark. I have no clue if any of them have applied but here are my thoughts about each one...

Byus - He is no stranger to applying for attractive openings. He is a veteran coach who is nearing retirement. He has built a heck of a program at East Lincoln but I just don't see how he can leave with arguably the best player in the state coming back next year as a Senior.

Beam - All of you have expressed your views (both good and bad) about the fiery and offensive minded coach at Newton Conover. Love him or hate him he led Burns to several conference championships during his time there. He would probably love the opportunity, but word on the street is he will not be a favorable choice among the powers to be.

Lloyd - The comparisons to Kirby are far-fetched... most Crest fans will tell you that Lloyd was the main reason for the championships in 2003 and 2004, even after kicking off the best player in 2003. Maybe that is evident by the lack of success they had in the playoffs in the years following his departure. He won 2 conference championships at two different schools (EG 2006 and KM 2008) with inferior talent and led both schools to numerous playoff appearances.

Clark - I don't know a lot about the new kid on the block but I did do some research on his track record and it looks like he was 2-9 in his only year as a head coach. He did lead a great defensive effort this past season at Crest but there is more to leading a football program than just calling defense.

Just my $0.02.....
This post was edited on 2/13 3:06 PM by RebelFan2005

How many times do I have to say, I hope Tre does NOT leave Crest....for so many reasons...one being I don't want Mallard Creek taunting anymore than they already do about 4A vs 3A vs 2A and Tre would just give them more ammo.

And yes that is a lie. There were three big plays that beat us. A wheel route pass of 40ish yards, a screen pass of 40+ yards, and a run of 80+ yards. So manhandled....no! Three breakdowns...yes. Take away Tre's TD reception and TD run and how many yards did he have in that game?

I am not a fan of Beam because of his antics.

The new middle school? Do you know how old the old middle school was. It used to be Shelby High School. It was built almost a century ago....actually it may have been longer than that. Who should have gotten a new middle school?

The baseball stadium was primarily renovated on support from the community not the school board. No other high school in the county could have supported the traffic that the World Series brings. Is everyone gonna stay at the AmericInn? It was pursued by Shelby Alumni not Crest Alumni. Why would they not look at putting it at Shelby for many reasons? That was all done by people outside of the school system.

Well I am pulling for y'all to be successful. The 2014 version of Shelby vs Crest was the best football game in the state of North Carolina last year. I am hoping that is a repeat this year.

Yeah, me and dad get so sick of hearing about 4A 4A 4A being big boy football. I would love it if you guys and us could pick up an Independence or Mallard Creek in the same season. We would introduce them to what football really is.

98, you know I'm just aggravating you. I told you after the year was over that Shelby was the best team we played all year. We were fortunate to win. Contrary to the usual crap we know without Shelby, Crest wouldn't be where they are at. Shelby made us get better.

Nothing but repect for the kids and coaches over there. I even respect SHS LION and HT. Don't tell them.

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

Yeah, me and dad get so sick of hearing about 4A 4A 4A being big boy football. I would love it if you guys and us could pick up an Independence or Mallard Creek in the same season. We would introduce them to what football really is.
Had 5 weeks open on the 2015 schedule at one point. 3 openweeks as late as last month and there wasn't anyone in the Southeast portion of the United States that wasn't aware of it. Had to go to Duncan and Owing Mills, MD to fill them.

Plenty of opportunity to introduce us to football... Phone never rang

Originally posted by RebelFan2005:
The 4 names that I keep hearing around these parts are Byus, Beam, Lloyd and Clark. I have no clue if any of them have applied but here are my thoughts about each one...

Byus - He is no stranger to applying for attractive openings. He is a veteran coach who is nearing retirement. He has built a heck of a program at East Lincoln but I just don't see how he can leave with arguably the best player in the state coming back next year as a Senior.

Beam - All of you have expressed your views (both good and bad) about the fiery and offensive minded coach at Newton Conover. Love him or hate him he led Burns to several conference championships during his time there. He would probably love the opportunity, but word on the street is he will not be a favorable choice among the powers to be.

Lloyd - The comparisons to Kirby are far-fetched... most Crest fans will tell you that Lloyd was the main reason for the championships in 2003 and 2004, even after kicking off the best player in 2003. Maybe that is evident by the lack of success they had in the playoffs in the years following his departure. He won 2 conference championships at two different schools (EG 2006 and KM 2008) with inferior talent and led both schools to numerous playoff appearances.

Clark - I don't know a lot about the new kid on the block but I did do some research on his track record and it looks like he was 2-9 in his only year as a head coach. He did lead a great defensive effort this past season at Crest but there is more to leading a football program than just calling defense.

Just my $0.02.....
Byus would be a great hire but you are so right about being very tough to leave with what he has coming back.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Just my $0.02.....
Byus would be a great hire but you are so right about being very tough to leave with what he has coming back.
I disagree with the East Gaston comment....we had a ton of talent at East Gaston while Lloyd was there (especially skill positions, probably some of the best in state).

Rulz u left out the pool.... Shelby has a pool. we though about putting in a pool at burns but figured too many kids would try and fish out of it.... :)

I disagree with the East Gaston comment....we had a ton of talent at East Gaston while Lloyd was there (especially skill positions, probably some of the best in state).
Come on now egfan... the words East Gaston and a ton of talent should never be used in the same sentence. You must not have watched the same team I saw play East Lincoln those couple of years. They had a few good skill guys as you mentioned but the majority of the team was slow and relatively un-athletic, including the 4 foot tall quarterback.

Lawndog Posted:

Rulz u left out the pool.... Shelby has a pool. we though about putting in a pool at burns but figured too many kids would try and fish out of it.... :)

Now that's funny. ROFL

Originally posted by HitmanT:

Helping orchestrate two Red Raider midget losses should shoot him to the top.

If you beat SP twice in one year, you should immediately be entered into the NCHSAA hall of fame!

Come on now egfan... the words East Gaston and a ton of talent should never be used in the same sentence. You must not have watched the same team I saw play East Lincoln those couple of years. They had a few good skill guys as you mentioned but the majority of the team was slow and relatively un-athletic, including the 4 foot tall quarterback.
I think that 4 ft tall QB threw for 48 TDs in 2006...and I guess the team was athletic enough to take 2 out of 3 against EL from 04-06......just saying

This post was edited on 2/14 8:21 AM by KM2ASU

laugh.r191677.gif

That's a good one for sure. But, in your travels around the County, just look around. I know us Crest and Burns fans have at it, we always will, but I ask you to look around and see what is really going on. There is a good ol boy network, and it is in the City limits. All that stuff I typed is true..

Crest, w/ their annual open door transfer thing, with all approvals and no "denieds", how can any Crest poster talk politics and about a good ole boy system?

This post was edited on 2/14 6:29 PM by Lion Attack

Why would crest want Greg Lloyd from he hasn't beat shelby since the 2010 season he wouldn't be able to handle the expectations of crest he was the oc of a great crest team when they won state if I was a crest fan give me matt beam

Originally posted by Blue and Gold22:

Had 5 weeks open on the 2015 schedule at one point. 3 openweeks as late as last month and there wasn't anyone in the Southeast portion of the United States that wasn't aware of it. Had to go to Duncan and Owing Mills, MD to fill them.

Plenty of opportunity to introduce us to football... Phone never rang

Unfortunately we play in a 9 team conference. This leaves only 3 open dates. They have been locked up for a while now. We are a 2A team. Our 3 non-conference games this year will be against 3A Freedom (late 90s early 2000s the largest 4A school in the state), 3A AC Reynolds (1999, 2002, and 2009 4A State Champions), and 3A South Point (2003 and 2009 3A State Champions). All traditionally great programs. We can't call you when were already booked up. Hopefully in seasons to come something will come to fruition.

Totally 100 percent disagree with Lloyd comment ... Look at what he's done just the last few years ... Teams totally decimated by injuries and such and
He still gets the absolute best out of the kids he has left ... Numerous very young players having to step up ... Given what's transpired id say he did an absolute outstanding job ...maybe the wins haven't been there due to the aforementioned but good gracious with what all has happened he and his staff did a great job Great Coach and person

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:
Totally 100 percent disagree with Lloyd comment ... Look at what he's done just the last few years ... Teams totally decimated by injuries and such and
He still gets the absolute best out of the kids he has left ... Numerous very young players having to step up ... Given what's transpired id say he did an absolute outstanding job ...maybe the wins haven't been there due to the aforementioned but good gracious with what all has happened he and his staff did a great job Great Coach and person
Thank you! That's what I've been trying to say!

Consider what KM was before Lloyd took over. They wasn't even a threat in Cleveland county for the longest time. The talent doesn't exactly flow through KM like it has at the other county schools. However, since Lloyd's involvement, all county schools have suffered close games during his stretch with the mountaineers and Shelby and Burns have both taken losses...Crest has been fortunate to hold off a few close games and stay victorious over KM.

Yep.

We wanted to keep it going with them and offered a 4 year deal. They do travel well and , as you know, high school budgets depend on it. I think we have Polk in the jambo.

You ain't lying. He gets moe out of less than any Coach in this State. Wait until thie rluck changes and see what he does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT