ADVERTISEMENT

MAC 2015

Yeah the tandem of Greene and Daniels at linebacker will be tough for any team to deal with, especially spread offenses. I think the defense could potentially be just as good if not better than last season if the safeties come along. Will be interesting to see how big an impact Brewer will have. Hear he is going to be a big time hitter, just needs some time to get comfortable in asheville's scheme defensively.

I think all of the 7 on 7's are over. Scrimmage @ Daniel the 11th I believe and then in the Cleveland county jamboree @ Burns against Kings Mtn on the 14th.

BD, I can't tell how much of your post is sarcasm. Never really had a problem with you, we've all said things in the heat of the moment after our team suffers a tough loss. Good luck to the warriors this season except on November 6th.

No problem. My post wasn't really directed at you. The person I am taking about knows who he is. The guy is just a prick and I have called him on it many times. I used to really enjoy posting on these boards but It gets really old dealing with a few posters on here that are just full of s***.

Pre-season MAC coaches poll:

1. Asheville
2. Reynolds
3. Erwin
4. Roberson
5. North Buncombe
6. McDowell
7. Enka

The bottom of the MAC really needs to pick it up. Pretty much over the last 5 years every game outside of the big 3 has been a blow out.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
TC had those 2 years with Suber at QB where they had a good squad, but other than that it's just rough.

I still believe that Asheville, Reynolds and Erwin have an equal shot at #1 this year. An injury here and there is about all that separates us. If Erwin can come out of their nonconference schedule fully intact they should be in good shape when MAC play starts. Same with Reynolds. Only reason that I'm staying with the Cougars is I'm a Cougar fan and the fact that our defense is looking really, really good right now.

Things are up for grabs for sure. Just wish we didn't have to play Asheville/Erwin back-to-back. Finish off the schedule with scrubs going into playoffs after a tough non-conference and tough first two weeks in conference....

Reynolds schedule kind of gradually descends, they play great teams the first half and then it gets progressively worse. Still a tough schedule.

If Asheville stays healthy, should have the best defense in the conference. Some question marks on offense though.

Who would you put him in place of? No way he replaces Emmons.

No he doesn't. But I would say he is in the same class as the ones listed under athletes like Harbison, Neal and Ramseur (all well deserving). Can't speak for the kids down east. Never seen them play. It's okay though. Preseason stuff just gives us something to talk about....

No he doesn't. But I would say he is in the same class as the ones listed under athletes like Harbison, Neal and Ramseur (all well deserving). Can't speak for the kids down east. Never seen them play. It's okay though. Preseason stuff just gives us something to talk about....
That's true. I thought you were talking about at the rb position. I personally think Chase Austin from Erwin should be on there before the kid from NB. I believe all they look at is stats.

Yea that one pick y'all are discussing was very very surprising, especially when you consider what major talents must be all around the state at that position.

Reactions: Rocket Pride
That's true. I thought you were talking about at the rb position. I personally think Chase Austin from Erwin should be on there before the kid from NB. I believe all they look at is stats.
That's a good point BD. When you have multiple playmakers and all around good athletes like AHS, ACR and EHS it's hard for one single kid to stand out. But if your team has only one or two kids that consistently make big plays and score points those one or two kids get more of a spotlight. That's not a dig against North Buncombe, just an observation. As for Austin, I've always wondered why you guys don't have him at QB. Kid is a beast and multi-threat anywhere he is.

Id be curious to see what the NB wide receivers stats looked like against Asheville Erwin and Reynolds. When you consider 90 percent of his less than 1,000 yards receiving last year were probably on Enka McDowell west Henderson and mountain heritage, it's very surprising to say the least he'd be preseason all state.

A lot of the pre-season all state stuff is based on stats from last year. Crest has 2-3 of the best linebackers in the state and none of them made pre-season all state.

If it is ahsdynasy based on last seasons stats that makes it even worse! A receiver in this day and age not having 1,000 yards receiving on a spread team being preseason all state? It just seems odd. Like bdwarrior said. I don't even remember nb having wide receivers.

That's a good point BD. When you have multiple playmakers and all around good athletes like AHS, ACR and EHS it's hard for one single kid to stand out. But if your team has only one or two kids that consistently make big plays and score points those one or two kids get more of a spotlight. That's not a dig against North Buncombe, just an observation. As for Austin, I've always wondered why you guys don't have him at QB. Kid is a beast and multi-threat anywhere he is.

I am not sure about that. I have never seen him play qb so I don't know if he is good or not. All I know is he is one of those guys that just hangs around and makes big plays when needed. He will not burn you with speed or anything, but he makes plays. I thought NB looked solid in that 7 on 7 at Erwin, but who knows. Their early season schedule is really weak so they could start 7-0 and will be hyped up again. Their last 3 games are Erwin, ACR, and Asheville. That is when reality hit them last season.

Yeah, I heard Jose looked nearly 100% and that Brewer had some great catches. Also heard Ahmad Shivers had a couple long runs.

I was really surprised Jose even played considering we didnt even think we would get him back before September. He completely changes that defense. I'm not surprised to hear shivers ran the ball well. He's a great compliment to the bigger backs on the roster.

Shivers is fast and makes quick cuts, but his biggest advantage is that he's so small that defenders literally lose him in the backfield. All he needs is a split second to hit a hole and he's gone. He can take a hit too. Haven't seen Brewer play since middle school. Looking forward to watching him though.

Ahsdynasy Cougar 90 are yall going to down to Cleveland county Friday? I saw some highlights of the scrimmage at Daniel and was pleasantly surprised at Brewer. He is going to create alot of mismatches on the outside. Looks like a hell of an athlete. With Drummond, Brewer, Hutchins, McDaniels, jose daniels some, and number 84 out there, that's a pretty big wide receiver core. We might actually throw the ball some this year......then again.

I won't be going Cougar1. But I'll be talking to some people that will be there. As far as our receiver core, I don't see us being much different than last year. We're gonna miss Paulk and Cam Ray, but we've got some people you mentioned replacing them this year that should be every bit as good. We're still gonna pound the rock, but I'd like to see us use our tight ends a little more, especially in some short yardage and goal line situations. Everyone expects us to go 33 wedge on 3rd and short or goal line. Many, many, many times our tight ends could pick up a dump pass and get us 6. Then again, I'm not one of the guys putting in 100 hours per week calling the shots. It's easy for me sitting in the stands to come up with good plays. haha

I'm headed down today. Looking forward to getting a look at Shelby, Crest, and Reynolds. There's been talk of it ahscougar1, but you know how that goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT