ADVERTISEMENT

MAC 2015

Man, I know I'm starting to sound like a Rocket apologist but I promise that isn't the case. Cougar1, I can't argue with what you're saying, but you have to factor in the different situations over the past 3 seasons where Reynolds lost games.
When you lose your starting QB before conference play even starts it's gonna effect your record. Also losing RB's, WR's, LB's etc. doesn't help. Three years ago we beat Reynolds on a busted play only because Green pulled the ball down over his shoulder and plowed through the secondary with time expiring. The year after that we didn't exactly destroy them.
Yeah, Erwin hung 60 something points on them....but we got beat by Enka. Just sayin' when you start out your season playing the hardest non con schedule in the mountains and going into conference play beat to hell it does tend to effect your record. On the other hand that non con schedule seems to have gotten them prepared for the playoffs pretty well.

Man, I know I'm starting to sound like a Rocket apologist but I promise that isn't the case. .
You are indeed sounding like a Reynolds apologist lol. Reynolds has a great football program, I should tone it back a little bit because they have my respect and they are always good enough to beat us and their scheduling has been incredibly tough the past few years. Have to give them credit for that. HOWEVER, can you imagine if Asheville High had come in 3rd in their own conference for 2 years in a row? We would never hear the end of it and I'll bet you anything there wouldn't be one single person on here making excuses for us. Think back to 2012, we lost Justin fritts our best player in the offseason due transferring, our other starting WR josh hall tore his rotator cuff and never played a game. Also, our starting RB Josh Irby played in maybe 6 of 13 games due to injury. Needless to say we were awful, the worst team we have had in 16 years and even losing to ENKA! I didn't see anybody saying "well to be fair guys they did have injuries". Reynolds is good, Erwin is catching up. Are they currently state powers? I don't know. Is Asheville? I don't know.

I would still consider Reynolds a power, but things are a little different in mountain football than they were even 5 years ago. To be completely honest I expected Erwin to take a step back after Brown, Curenton, and Clark graduated. Then the next group came up and were the first group to beat A.c. Reynolds. Lost to them the next year, and then 69-28. Then we split last year with another group I thought would take a step back.

Reynolds hasn't started slipping to the point to where they get beat by any of the other schools in the conference unless it's a fluke season where they are decimated by injuries(which happens to everyone). I mean I remember Erwin getting physically dominated by McDowell a couple of years ago whenever we were just destroyed with injuries. The same year we beat Asheville high when we both had injuries.

My point is Reynolds hasn't really slipped. Erwin has just become a consistent program to the point where we haven't had true rebuilding years, and that has effected Reynolds (who we matchup better with) more than Asheville. We have yet to match Asheville's physical style of play.

Listen to what you are saying Cougar1, 2 seasons of football where Reynolds did not win a conference championship. TWO, and people are questioning whether or not we have slipped.... I think that the powerhouse reputation speaks for itself right there. Anytime you can make it to the third round on a "down year" I would say that your reputation is locked down... "Slipping" lol shouldn't have even taken the bait on that one...
But Erwin is not even in the same category with Asheville and Reynolds. You have to at least make it out of the first round to be considered for a spot...

Take a step back pal. No one is saying Erwin is on that level. Still gave y'all the beat down of a lifetime. We have definitely made progress on Acr seeing as we have beat y'all 3 out of the past 5 times we've played.

I bet in 2015 you will still beating your chest to the accomplishments of a high school football team to make up for the other insecurities you have.

Returning all-conference players

Asheville (6)- Jose Daniels, Pete Leota, Christian Green, Reggie Battle, Cade Pearson, and Neal Hutchens
Erwin (4)- Damien Ferguson, Chase Austin, Trevor Franklin, and Ray Mills
Roberson (4)- Seth Griswold, Dayquan Watkins, Neil Gustafson, and Kameron Gilliand
North Buncombe (3)- Chase Parker, Ricky Thrash, and Peter Simonovich
Reynolds (2)- Rico Dowdle and AJ Logan
Mcdowell (1)- Casey Ray

BTW, ACR is getting new turf installed as we speak. Our old turf was in really bad shape.

I have really stayed away from these boards since last season because it just gets old. It is the same few jerks from Asheville and one from ACR. The rest are pretty cool. They have said Erwin would suck the past 4 seasons because this or that player graduated and guess what, they don't. Every year it is the same thing. It always resorts to our history. We are talking about now. I respect the hell out of Reynolds but Erwin is on par with them right NOW. Asheville is the best program in the league and should be every season with their advantages. The rest are coming from behind. As for this season I really don't know what will happen. I know Erwin will be strong at qb and receiver with Ferguson and Austin back. I also think that Poore will shine this year. He played behind Colby Maltry and Keyal Talbert who have transferred to Reynolds and NB. Our schedule is going to be very tough and I am not happy about having to play all these out of state teams vs in state teams. It really takes away from the atmosphere of the games. I probably wont post much on here this season, but here is my picks so far.

1. Asheville - Seems like they have the usual new guys and best program in WNC history

2. ACR - They have to be above Erwin because of the Warriors history.

3. Erwin - Why not?

4. NB - They got a taste of winning and will have a decent rb with Colby Maltry.

5. Roberson - No excuse for them not being better than 6th.

6. Enka - seem to have good numbers and great fans.

7. Mcdowell - Will battle Enka for 6th.

Saw NB in the 7v7 at Enka. QB was making some throws. They had one receiver bigger than any defender we had on the field.
Enka certainly has increased their numbers.

Reactions: mamalynn
BD, I can't tell how much of your post is sarcasm. Never really had a problem with you, we've all said things in the heat of the moment after our team suffers a tough loss. Good luck to the warriors this season except on November 6th.

Saw NB in the 7v7 at Enka. QB was making some throws. They had one receiver bigger than any defender we had on the field.
Enka certainly has increased their numbers.

I had wondered about NB. I was told that their QB threw for over 2400 yards last year and his #1 receiver is back. Also that a pretty decent running back had transferred in from Erwin. If all that is true, they might have another good season (although I doubt the big boys in the MAC need to lose sleep).

How many yards does Colby maltry have? A couple thousand? Nobody will be losing sleep over north buncombe (I don't think) but he will definitely give them a running threat. I think north buncombe also got a teamster from Enka that's a runningback. Also I saw that Roberson had something like 20 starters returning from last year? They could be better than people think

Asheville talks the same talk every year then falls apart in the playoffs. Same ole......

Lol dude we beat y'all's ass for like 4 years in a row and put a beating on you and your stud runningback last year in a scrimmage game so bad he wouldn't even come on to punt to us, i know freedom isnt talking. And surely to God you aren't talking trash after y'all lost in the FIRST ROUND last year are you? The LAST team y'all should be talking about the playoffs to is Asheville after y'all have up 50 on your own field in a playoff LOSS to EAST ROWAN!

Reactions: Billy28804
Asheville talks the same talk every year then falls apart in the playoffs. Same ole......

I don't believe we did in 2012 or 2013. Last year was the first year we were expected to have a real shot at doing something in a couple years. I don't believe any Asheville poster ever said that we would be a shoe-in for a state title game. A lot of years we have potential to be a contender and last year we were. We were basically 1 play away from a probable state title appearance. At least most years we get to the third or fourth round.

That's a lie. My post says 11:42am. Your post says 10:07pm. That's over 11 hours. Every 30 minutes huh? Who are you kidding? You're a clown. Why would you think I would be on a thread about the MAC?

You made that crap up.

Freedom or B.J. do not have to go to Asheville to get smoked. They can travel to Boiling Springs and get a beating. Punished. Much like Erwin, Freedom needs to understand that defense wins championships. Freedom does not have one. We break fools down here.

Much respect for ACR and Asheville, they've earned it. Other than those two I wouldn't watch a MAC game. It'd be like watching Freedom over and over again.

Last edited:
That's a lie. My post says 11:42am. Your post says 10:07pm. That's over 11 hours. Every 30 minutes huh? Who are you kidding? You're a clown. Why would you think I would be on a thread about the MAC?

You made that crap up.

Freedom or B.J. do not have to go to Asheville to get smoked. They can travel to Boiling Springs and get a beating. Punished. Much like Erwin, Freedom needs to understand that defense wins championships. Freedom does not have one. We break fools down here.

Much respect for ACR and Asheville, they've earned it. Other than those two I wouldn't watch a MAC game. It'd be like watching Freedom over and over again.

I was on my work computer and not signed in under my user name so had to
wait till I got home to post - you MORON!

I was on my work computer and not signed in under my user name so had to
wait till I got home to post - you MORON!
You said you watched the board every 30 minutes.......... dumb ass.... I just took you at your word. I told you you were lying and you were.

You're a clown. If Freedom ever gets the notion to come down here and get beat down, why don't you join them?

Reactions: patsfball
You said you watched the board every 30 minutes.......... dumb ass.... I just took you at your word. I told you you were lying and you were.

You're a clown. If Freedom ever gets the notion to come down here and get beat down, why don't you join them?
Crest won't schedule us! Scared. Shelby will,,,Burns will.... but not the Chargers. Why????
Hint. Check the record book!! Ha Ha you fruit loop

Crest won't schedule us! Scared. Shelby will,,,Burns will.... but not the Chargers. Why????
Hint. Check the record book!! Ha Ha you fruit loop

The record book? I can't tell if you are are trying to stir the pot or if you're serious. Either way, Nobody believes for one second that we're "scared" of Freedom. Why schedule a team that is consistently beaten by both Shelby and Burns? Oh you barely beat burns last year? Crest throttled them. Freedom is a joke. Conference champion in Freedom's conference is like being the tallest midget. Now this thread is about MAC teams. Not Crest and Not freedom. Now we should kindly give it back to our mountain brothers...my apologies MAC friends. Much like the "freedom" in our country today. Freedom is a joke. No disrespect to our brothers and sisters in the armed forces...I meant the government view of freedom. Just wanted to clarify.

Patsfball,
quit coming on here talking trash and making Freedom look bad. All you have done since last year is come on here and talk about stuff you know nothing about.

Patsfball,
quit coming on here talking trash and making Freedom look bad. All you have done since last year is come on here and talk about stuff you know nothing about.
Heels, stick to your normal activity (1 post).... we have already heard enough from you.
Unsubscribe would be nice!

Heard enough from me?? Well I have heard enough from for over the past year buddy. First off, I respect both programs asheville and crest. Second, Patsfball I know more about the game of football then you know or ever will know so you need to know your role and shut your mouth.

Good news for Asheville fans, Jose Daniels has been cleared a lot earlier than expected and he should be close to 100% by August 21. Was originally expected to miss the first few games. Asheville's defense looks completely different with him out there. He's definitely a game changer.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
That is great news ahsdynasy. Jose Daniels is a very dynamic player and one of the best outside linebackers asheville has ever had. He and Christian green are going to be nightmares for opposing offenses, especially when blitzing. I saw where leota is up to about 310 pounds now? No wonder all the big boys are going after him, he's gotten huge!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT