ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Talk BBall. Top 1A West teams Girls

bulldog nation2014

Feb 21, 2014
Since summer workouts have ended and team camps have finished. Who are the top 10 with honorable mentions who could make a run at the state title come March. Also will the end of the pod system be an advantage for teams moving forward?

Top 10:
1.) Bishop
2.) WSP
3.) Hayesville
4.) Albemarle
5.) Atkins
6.) West Montgomery
7.) Cherokee
8.) River Mill
9.) Lincoln Charter
10.) Mount Airy

Honorable Mentions:
South Davidson - They were very young last year and return everybody. Disciplined and well coached could make some noise with the right match ups.

Hiiwassee Dam and Robbinsville belong in this list. Had brings back their entire team, Robbinsville has I believe 4 starters returning.

This post was edited on 8/7 7:30 AM by recycled2

After doing some research I would almost replace Lincoln Charter with Hiwassee Dam.

Top 10:
1.) Bishop
2.) WSP
3.) Hayesville
4.) Albemarle
5.) Atkins
6.) West Montgomery
7.) Cherokee
8.) River Mill
9.) Lincoln Charter
10.) Mount Airy

Honorable Mentions:

11.) Hiwassee Dam - All Players returning from a 22-6 season last year.

12.) Robbinsville - 4 starters returning from a 18-9 season last year.

13.) South
Davidson - They were very young last year and return everybody.
Disciplined and well coached could make some noise with the right match
ups.

I would have Hiwassee Dam in and Robinsville both in the 10 ten over Lincoln Charter and and Mount Airy. Another team to watch is Elkin who return their top 3 players and should be very strong.

Top Ten
1. WSP
2. Hayesville
3. Albemarie
4. Bishop
5. Hiwassee Dam
6. Cheorkee
7. West Montgomery
8. River Mill
9. Robinsville
10.Atkins(Loss 2 of its best players still will be tough)

Robbinsville will be loaded with Juniors this season. We should be good this year but the year after we should be even better. I would have us ahead of H.D. I think we are a 10th place team this year and H.D. is a 15th place team. Cherokee and Hayesville both are top 10 teams.

I have a hard time not putting Bishop up top considering the 9 straight state titles. Until somebody knocks them off in the playoffs they have to be the team to beat. But looking at this how would you rank 1-10 including the east teams. HD won the first round game 90-19 and gave Hayesville (I believe) everything they could handle in the second rd. In my opinion if they return everybody you would have to have them in the top ten same with Robbinsville. Mount Airy is another team that lost 5 starters so you would expect them to be down but heard they have a talented young group coming in as well.

Atkins with losing the top two girls will hurt but I heard they had a good group of young girls as well.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT