ADVERTISEMENT

Hough at East Forsyth

Not sure what the stats will look like for him, but EF not having an answer for Hough DE #2 was the difference in the game. Kid was in the backfield way too quickly. He disrupted the offense for EF all night.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Guess i was right. Comfortable win by Hough. This is a different Hough team. No team left will match up with them. There is no MC nor Chambers left.
Comfortable almost feels too generous, but I think it can apply. It got "comfortable" after they went up 17-7 when it was pretty much confirmed that the EF offense wasn't going to do much to mount a comeback.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Hough might have the best defense that East Forsyth has seen all year but you can bet the East Offense(Avg. 47pts per game & 521yds per game) is by far the best offense that Hough has seen all year and the East Defense is the best defense Hough has seen all year(Don't even say Dutch Fork(a game that was played Aug 18th.)... Basically, Something has to give. Give me East Forsyth by 13pts.
Dutch Fork put 63 on a very good Spartanburg team tonight, and you think East Forsyth will be the best offense Hough has seen this year. Take a look at some YouTube video of Spartanburg and tell me which NC team you think can score 63 against them. Dutch Fork was better in August than East Forsyth was tonight, and it's not close.

Dutch Fork put 63 on a very good Spartanburg team tonight, and you think East Forsyth will be the best offense Hough has seen this year. Take a look at some YouTube video of Spartanburg and tell me which NC team you think can score 63 against them. Dutch Fork was better in August than East Forsyth was tonight, and it's not close.
You have to overlook Bad Luck Slap Rock, CPC4LIFE. EF is his version of 1 12-year-old girl screaming for a Boyband. He makes crazy, uninformed statements every year, Now I have to Cash App a Hough guy. I don't like Hough. GO WHIRLIES! 😂

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

😂😂

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
They could've scored more.

I'm watching it also. Huge difference.
It's like I'm watching an ESPN broadcast lol. Man NC has to get it together. I mentioned in another thread a while ago, I don't need the announcers (even though it's nice to hear them), but the camera production needs work in NC. Watching this Buford game, they have multiple cameras around the stadium and that's cool. But I'd settle for just a camera that someone mans just so I can watch the entire game without the camera missing the action.

This game was damn near a mirror of last year. Big differences between EF and Hough:

• Special teams
    • The Hough kicker being able to pin them deep in EF own territory multiple times made it near impossible for EF to do anything.
    • That kicker for Hough is legit. Enough said on that.
    • EF kicker missed the "easy" goal. It's the reason earlier EF went for it on 4 and 13 (and scored btw) rather than kicked it.
  • Defense
    • EF defense played really well tonight. They only allowed 10 points.
    • Hough defense played better only allowing 7 points.
    • Hough's defense was also able to take advantage of their special teams deep pinning of EF and get the defensive touchdown.
  • Offense
    • Offensively after Q Brown was injured (and even before really), EF couldn't do anything out there. It was a mirror of last year.
    • Hough was slightly more successful, but overall they didn't have much going on after or before their TD.
    • EF linemen were just too small and "unconditioned" for Hough's defense.

It was a game of margins and errors and EF made too many errors. Whether that be the holds in the beginning of the game, the overthrows, the fumbles, the failure to put a punt returner on the field, etc... I also noticed Conner wasn't on the field near the end of the game. Anyone know why? The kid really has to work on his body language. He's going to Ole Miss with other players just as good or better than you. The coaching staff isn't going to put up with that.

Congrats to Hough, it's looking like they'll play Grimsley. Grimsley hasn't seen a defense as good as Hough, but next weeks game should still be good.

Edit: This is the point where people saying EF should player tougher teams comes in. A lot of tonight's mistakes can be learned from if they play a team of this caliber yearly.
Conner came up gimpy on a catch in the 2nd half and had to be looked at but I did see him back in the game later on…. I agree with you about the body language especially if Kiffin sticks around…

This was my first time watching both teams in person and the game changed dramatically in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half… EF had 7-3 lead and got the ball back inside their own 10 with around 2 minutes left and decided to get aggressive and Hough forced fumble and scored.. Then after kickoff ran Brown on a play where he ended up getting hurt inside their own territory… Instead of maybe running out the clock and going into halftime up 7-3 plus getting ball to start the 2nd half they went in losing 10-7 and lost their most explosive athlete as well..

This was a heck of a game though by both teams

difference in the game for me was coaching, turnovers, special teams,
EF inside their own 10 with a 7-3 lead and 1;30 left in the half is throwing the ball, im doing my best to get to halftime in this situation, Hough may have a timeout butm your defense had been great, qb gets hit fumbles and you give up a td,,,Now down 10-7 on your opening drive of the 2nd half on your own 39 4th and 1 and you go for it, you get stopped then hough follows that up with a quick td, now 17-7 and thats the final......Congrats to hough for getting it done
on the road.........

The play calling by the OC right before half was awful. Why in the heck are you throwing the ball? Hough isn't Parkland where you can get 7 all the way back there. Run the ball kill the clock and take a 7-3 lead Into the break. Instead you call a dumb play get stripped for a Defensive TD just like last yr. Then you get your best player hurt. That play changed the whole game. Up 10-7 East goes for it on 4th Inside there 30 with 10 minutes to go In the 3rd? Punt the ball. Coach Beals Defense was playing lights out but if you give an awful team that field position eventually they're going to score much less a #1 ranked team.

My take aways. Defense played their ass off. Offense was playing good considering but the OC called about as bad a game as you can call.

It's like I'm watching an ESPN broadcast lol. Man NC has to get it together. I mentioned in another thread a while ago, I don't need the announcers (even though it's nice to hear them), but the camera production needs work in NC. Watching this Buford game, they have multiple cameras around the stadium and that's cool. But I'd settle for just a camera that someone mans just so I can watch the entire game without the camera missing the action.
And could we keep the scores and clock up to date? The Reidsville game I had to pull up scorestream to get the score and what quarter. It's sad and annoying. NC just treat high school sports right at all.

Reactions: ForsythCo
Hough has a very talented 9th grader starting at CB, with power 5 offers. I would suggest EF throw at him, and than go at the 10th grader on the other side.
Yeah they tried that. No bueno. I think a lot people questioning whether EF was ready to play 4 quarters of smash mouth football was a valid one. The reality is that they were never out of striking distance to come back but they didn’t really make any real adjustments and they got a little sloppy (snapped the ball when QB wasn’t ready), and numerous play calls that set up right to Hough’s strengths.

Reactions: btango
Yeah they tried that. No bueno. I think a lot people questioning whether EF was ready to play 4 quarters of smash mouth football was a valid one. The reality is that they were never out of striking distance to come back but they didn’t really make any real adjustments and they got a little sloppy (snapped the ball when QB wasn’t ready), and numerous play calls that set up right to Hough’s strengths.
I saw that. EF look like they were drawing up plays in the dirt. Staff has been on cruise control the entire season. They weren't ready for adversity. They might want to take a look at that cruise control schedule in the near future.

Last edited:
I am a fan of the NPC Conference, but it when comes playoff time they haven't had much success vs I Meck teams out of the Charlotte Schools when it comes playoff time. I was at the game it just wasn't East Forsyth night to be, but give credit to Hough they played a great game.

Hough played great, no doubt… East, deciding once again, not to put a kick returner back allowed the punt to get pinned down at the nine which was just dumb and a few plays later there was a fumble they’re resulted in a defensive touchdown. That was a turning point in my opinion… Along with Q Brown going out it was all uphill from there..

Hough played great, no doubt… East, deciding once again, not to put a kick returner back allowed the punt to get pinned down at the nine which was just dumb and a few plays later there was a fumble they’re resulted in a defensive touchdown. That was a turning point in my opinion… Along with Q Brown going out it was all uphill from there..
Has East had a lot of success this season blocking punts? I didn’t understand them not having a returner either.

Has East had a lot of success this season blocking punts? I didn’t understand them not having a returner either.
I'm thinking it's to prevent fakes and/or muffs. East is known to fake a punt. I'm wondering if there's a little projection there. A 'since we do it, you must do it as well' type of situation. But a scouting report would show you that Houghs kicker is legit and doesn't need to rely on that. Also if I'm not mistaken, on that possession hough had an offsides penalty that move them back. It was 4 and 11 right? I wouldn't have expected a fake punt.

But really though, East offensive line was just to small and slow for Hough's d-line. Raynor needed to get the ball out faster or just decide to run. That's ultimately what caused the fumble/td recovery.

Reactions: 500HP_Devil
I saw that. EF look like they were drawing up plays in the dirt. Staff has been on cruise control the entire season. They weren't ready for adversity. They might want to take a look at that cruise control schedule in the near future.
Disagree , besides the poor play calling with 2 min in the half and the go for it
Early in the 2 nd half that both backfired what about this game wasnt even. Coach surely bares much responsibility for the loss ..,, especially the one right before half that costed a touchdown and a big player hurt..
Also, what about EF 1st drive 2 big plays called back to hold calls. That drive had a good chance to end up with a score instead a punt.. yes, I know a hold is a hold… the all everything quarterback did nothing, overthrow after overthrow. The stats were 14 for 24- 144 but dang it sure didn’t seem even that good watching., the turnover and the 4 th down stop the dif in the game ..

Disagree , besides the poor play calling with 2 min in the half and the go for it
Early in the 2 nd half that both backfired what about this game wasnt even. Coach surely bares much responsibility for the loss ..,, especially the one right before half that costed a touchdown and a big player hurt..
Also, what about EF 1st drive 2 big plays called back to hold calls. That drive had a good chance to end up with a score instead a punt.. yes, I know a hold is a hold… the all everything quarterback did nothing, overthrow after overthrow. The stats were 14 for 24- 144 but dang it sure didn’t seem even that good watching., the turnover and the 4 th down stop the dif in the game ..
At every level of football very good defenses have a way of messing up offenses. I've seen it over the years. A very good defense can cause you to do things you don't ordinarily do and think things you don't ordinarily think. EF did well and was very competitive, but I doubt they saw a defense this season like they faced last night. I'm not going to harp on it too much for others already have, but when you play teams like Chambers and Mallard Creek in your conference and again in the playoffs, who have good defenses, you're not goint to get rattled. I watched the game last night. I think EF's offensive play calling and perhaps some of the play from the QB indicated they were a little rattled. They ordinarily don't see that type of defense in the CPC. Of course, having your top receiver get hurt doesn't help either.

You just explained what happens when your staff and players are not used to playing against better or equal talent. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Questionable Coaching moves & Holding calls, They were rattled and confused

Last edited:
So I was right..

Sounds like EF would have really benefitted from a tougher schedule early on. You could have taken the route of learning about what you need to work on as players and even as coaches and being able to work on it during the season.... Instead you learn about what you need to work on when its too late and you're eliminated.

No disrespect, but NW Guilford, Rolesville, and S Iredell isn't going to teach you anything. And I don't want to hear about well you risk injury playing tough opponents early on... that's a terrible mindset to have...

Getting rattled and questionable coaching calls/moves don't happen if youve already been in tough situations and have experience with it.

Haven’t heard from guy who was complaining due to EF not being a #1 seed…No dog in the fight but sure would like to hear his excuses…

Reactions: Ukcatz92
The play calling by the OC right before half was awful. Why in the heck are you throwing the ball? Hough isn't Parkland where you can get 7 all the way back there. Run the ball kill the clock and take a 7-3 lead Into the break. Instead you call a dumb play get stripped for a Defensive TD just like last yr. Then you get your best player hurt. That play changed the whole game. Up 10-7 East goes for it on 4th Inside there 30 with 10 minutes to go In the 3rd? Punt the ball. Coach Beals Defense was playing lights out but if you give an awful team that field position eventually they're going to score much less a #1 ranked team.

My take aways. Defense played their ass off. Offense was playing good considering but the OC called about as bad a game as you can call.
I don't understand the play calling end of first half. Go to the locker room with the lead.

Reactions: Warhead1
How about their schedule was fine. How about the OC calls a better game. Passing that deep on 3rd down and long inside your own 10 was stupid. Run the ball and the clock go into half up 7-3 and Brown is not hurt. You do that you have all the momentum and it could be a different game. The worst called offensive game I've seen in a long time.

How about their schedule was fine. How about the OC calls a better game. Passing that deep on 3rd down and long inside your own 10 was stupid. Run the ball and the clock go into half up 7-3 and Brown is not hurt. You do that you have all the momentum and it could be a different game. The worst called offensive game I've seen in a long time.
OC had no problems with running his offense at 12-0, really had to make no serious adjustments the entire season. You run into a comparable team that has played in some tough games. Now his decisions are questioned. This usually happens, when you've never been put in a position where it mattered. Just my personal opinion. Coaches have to be challenged just like players, to prepare them for what's ahead.

OC had no problems with play calling at 12-0, really had to make no serious adjustments the entire season. You run into a comparable team. Now his decisions are questioned. This usually happens, when you've never been put in a position where it mattered. Just my personal opinion. Coaches have to be challenged just like players, to prepare them for what's ahead.
Sorry, I don't believe playing someone in a close game 2.5 months ago would cause your OC to run the ball and the clock out at half instead of taking a Sack Fumble for a TD. That's just a dumb play call.

Sorry, I don't believe playing someone in a close game 2.5 months ago would cause your OC to run the ball and the clock out at half instead of taking a Sack Fumble for a TD. That's just a dumb play call.
I agree not risking punt returner but throwing the ball risking turnover

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT