ADVERTISEMENT

Hough at East Forsyth

ForsythCo

Sep 23, 2016
Should be a good game. My most anticipated game next week. These two teams met last year and Hough pretty much controlled the entire game. If I'm remembering correct, EF defense played well not allowing many TDs (really only allowing field goals), but their offense was not able to get much going. Hough's offense isn't really that inspiring imo, but their defense is still great.

What's everyone's opinion and predictions on this game?

Both defense are great, but EF will have just a bit too much on O for 4 quarters. I'm thinking a 21-7 type of game.

Both defense are great, but EF will have just a bit too much on O for 4 quarters. I'm thinking a 21-7 type of game.
I hope you're right. East offense definitely feels way more complete than last year. They also have more weapons at wideout than last year too.

Hough has a very talented 9th grader starting at CB, with power 5 offers. I would suggest EF throw at him, and than go at the 10th grader on the other side.

Last edited:
No one has been remotely close to staying with or stopping Q Brown - he has another GEAR - plus Raynor has such great touch. I haven’t seen Hough play but I’ve watched every EF game. They need to clean up the penalties on the O-line and they have a shot at winning.

No one has been remotely close to staying with or stopping Q Brown - he has another GEAR - plus Raynor has such great touch. I haven’t seen Hough play but I’ve watched every EF game. They need to clean up the penalties on the O-line and they have a shot at winning.
You should probably watch a couple Hough games. Q surprisingly was a non-factor last year. I also understand he's better this year as well has Raynor. What East has going for them this year that they didn't have last year is #3 Conner. He's just as good but much bigger. I do believe East will fair much better than last year, but Hough has played at least two teams with Offenses that are pretty explosive just like East. Should be a good game.

Probably whoever wins this one will be the team to make it to the State Finals. What is the online app they using to buy tickets. Can you pay cash at the gate. I imagine this game will sell out.

I hope East can do it I really do I just think the East Forsyth offense is really going to struggle against Hough. Q Couldn't get open last year and when he did Raynor was under so much pressure he just threw the ball up. The Hough D-line destroyed the East Oline last year.

I hope East can do it I really do I just think the East Forsyth offense is really going to struggle against Hough. Q Couldn't get open last year and when he did Raynor was under so much pressure he just threw the ball up. The Hough D-line destroyed the East Oline last year.
This is my worry. They absolutely destroyed East oline last year. And East has holding problems as well. They will need to play a clean game to win.

They dont. Heck they don’t even fill up their own home side
Got that right!
I would feel the same way if my team was eliminated from the playoffs by Hough 3 years in a row! 2020 they kept them from making the playoffs, and 3rd round and 2nd round defeats after that. I know, Hough chokes will be your big argument, but for 3 years, Creek has 100% been dominated by Hough.

I would feel the same way if my team was eliminated from the playoffs by Hough 3 years in a row! 2020 they kept them from making the playoffs, and 3rd round and 2nd round defeats after that. I know, Hough chokes will be your big argument, but for 3 years, Creek has 100% been dominated by Hough.
They have nothing to show for it. IJS! GO HUSKY'S! They also lost to Creek this year, that would throw off the 100% domination. GO EAGLES! I'm also glad you admit the choking is inevitable

I agree the East O-line is probably their weakness; but I like East in a low scoring game... both kickers are extraordinary and this could come down to FG's. I think Hough will struggle to score on Beal's defense. Nobody else has scored on them the first two games.

East is a BIG PLAY team...they hit you with those 80 yd TD's and it happens quick. Q was banged up last year but he's 100% right now and he looked unstoppable... reminds me of a skinny Cheetah Tyrek Hill. He's that fast, never seen him caught from behind.

My issue with East and this really bothers me especially with a great Punt Returner; is they don't like to use a Punt returner back deep when a team is at midfield and that cost them with terrible field position 3 different times. That's my one problem with Willert..He's been doing that for years and they got pinned twice inside the 5yd line and once inside the 10. It's going to be a great game.

East 16-13 (5 total FG's in this one and a TD a piece.)

Reactions: Warhead1
I agree the East O-line is probably their weakness; but I like East in a low scoring game... both kickers are extraordinary and this could come down to FG's. I think Hough will struggle to score on Beal's defense. Nobody else has scored on them the first two games.

East is a BIG PLAY team...they hit you with those 80 yd TD's and it happens quick. Q was banged up last year but he's 100% right now and he looked unstoppable... reminds me of a skinny Cheetah Tyrek Hill. He's that fast, never seen him caught from behind.

My issue with East and this really bothers me especially with a great Punt Returner; is they don't like to use a Punt returner back deep when a team is at midfield and that cost them with terrible field position 3 different times. That's my one problem with Willert..He's been doing that for years and they got pinned twice inside the 5yd line and once inside the 10. It's going to be a great game.

East 16-13 (5 total FG's in this one.)
You will not be getting field position against Hough. Their kicker, will kick everything in the endzone, and most likely kick everything over your punt returners head.

Haven't seen EF play in two years so I have very little reference point. Have seen Hough a ton. I don't think this is one of their better teams. That said, defense is good and kicking game is unreal. If they can keep EF in the teens you would think they would have a shot.

Reactions: btango and nepsy7
They have nothing to show for it. IJS! GO HUSKY'S! They also lost to Creek this year, that would throw off the 100% domination. GO EAGLES! I'm also glad you admit the choking is inevitable
After I posted this, I found out one of Hough's players that was at UVA was shot and killed by another crazy senseless shooter on their campus. Prayers to him and his family are more appropriate now.

Is East Forsyth going to allow the live game to be streamed by NFHS or are they going to black out the live feed as well?

Is East Forsyth going to allow the live game to be streamed by NFHS or are they going to black out the live feed as well?
It should be live streamed then blacklisted after the game. The Tabor game was live streamed. And they don't have to worry about live streaming hurting ticket sales. This game is going to be packed.

It should be live streamed then blacklisted after the game. The Tabor game was live streamed. And they don't have to worry about live streaming hurting ticket sales. This game is going to be packed.
I don't understand why they black it out after the live stream. Is there some Kernersville paranoia, that many other teams don't have about an upcoming opponent discovering some secret about what EF does? I guess it doesn't matter that people to subscribe to NFHS.

I don't understand why they black it out after the live stream. Is there some Kernersville paranoia, that many other teams don't have about an upcoming opponent discovering some secret about what EF does? I guess it doesn't matter that people to subscribe to NFHS.
I really don't know. It's just what they're doing this year I guess.

Haven't seen EF play in two years so I have very little reference point. Have seen Hough a ton. I don't think this is one of their better teams. That said, defense is good and kicking game is unreal. If they can keep EF in the teens you would think they would have a shot.
They are Hough they have a chance. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT