9/8. JH Rose
9/15 N. Brunswick
9/22 @ Laney
9/29 W. Brunswick
10/6 Ashley
10/13 @ Topsail
10/20 @ S. Brunswick
10/27 New Hanover

This could be a special year for the Vikes. They return 9 starters on offense and 7 on defense. On offense they graduated an H back and a tackle. On defense they graduated 2 LBs and 2 D lineman. Hoggard will have some depth at O line and D line so there will not be any drop off there. Their question mark will be replacing the LBs. If there is no drop off there Hoggard will be very good.I look for Wilharm to be the best QB in the conference and for him to have a special year. The O line is lead by D1 recruit Jason Smith. Hoggard returns 4 very good WRs and should be able to throw the ball all over the field as Wilharm can make just about any throw. The defense will be lead by D1 recruit Malakahi West who had 19 sacks and 39 tackles for losses last season. He could not be blocked. The defense line had a nice rotation of 6 guys last season so they will be strong again. Reagan Printy is a stud and will be a force at MLB. He has a D1 body and I look for offers to come his way. Hoggard FG kicking game was poor last season and they will need to improve there. Hoggards secondary was not challenged much last season as they just didn’t play a lot of passing teams. Cleveland and Rose will be a good challenge for the Vikes early in the season. WRH will run run run so the new LBs will see what they can do. As far as conference play, I only see NH completing with Hoggard this season. Wilharms season ending injury all but sealed Hoggard fate last season as the backup QB was not a threat. Hoggard went from the best passing team in the conference to the worse. NB and NH benefitted from that and pulled out close wins. If healthy the Vikes should roll this season. Hoggard also added maybe the best assistant coach n the state to their staff. Go Vikes!

8/18 Cleveland
9/1 @ WRH
9/8. JH Rose
9/15 N. Brunswick
9/22 @ Laney
9/29 W. Brunswick
10/6 Ashley
10/13 @ Topsail
10/20 @ S. Brunswick
10/27 New Hanover

This could be a special year for the Vikes. They return 9 starters on offense and 7 on defense. On offense they graduated an H back and a tackle. On defense they graduated 2 LBs and 2 D lineman. Hoggard will have some depth at O line and D line so there will not be any drop off there. Their question mark will be replacing the LBs. If there is no drop off there Hoggard will be very good.I look for Wilharm to be the best QB in the conference and for him to have a special year. The O line is lead by D1 recruit Jason Smith. Hoggard returns 4 very good WRs and should be able to throw the ball all over the field as Wilharm can make just about any throw. The defense will be lead by D1 recruit Malakahi West who had 19 sacks and 39 tackles for losses last season. He could not be blocked. The defense line had a nice rotation of 6 guys last season so they will be strong again. Reagan Printy is a stud and will be a force at MLB. He has a D1 body and I look for offers to come his way. Hoggard FG kicking game was poor last season and they will need to improve there. Hoggards secondary was not challenged much last season as they just didn’t play a lot of passing teams. Cleveland and Rose will be a good challenge for the Vikes early in the season. WRH will run run run so the new LBs will see what they can do. As far as conference play, I only see NH completing with Hoggard this season. Wilharms season ending injury all but sealed Hoggard fate last season as the backup QB was not a threat. Hoggard went from the best passing team in the conference to the worse. NB and NH benefitted from that and pulled out close wins. If healthy the Vikes should roll this season. Hoggard also added maybe the best assistant coach n the state to their staff. Go Vikes!
I agree. Hoggard should be the favorite followed by NH. Hoggard bringing back a bunch of All Conference guys. Always a well coached team too. NH return their QB and two pretty good RBs. Coach Fuller will have their D on point as usual.

My dark horse is Topsail. Their defense was impressive when healthy last year and the younger qb has tons of potential. Coach Teachey is doing a great job over there.

I think everyone else just kindof falls into place.

8/18 Cleveland
9/1 @ WRH
9/8. JH Rose
9/15 N. Brunswick
9/22 @ Laney
9/29 W. Brunswick
10/6 Ashley
10/13 @ Topsail
10/20 @ S. Brunswick
10/27 New Hanover

Who is the assistant coach? We have one with 3 4A/4AA rings over here.

Who is the assistant coach? We have one with 3 4A/4AA rings over here.
My earlier post when I mentioned NB, I was referring to N. Brunswick not New Bern. I would not consider the New Bern game close.
Coach Braswell will join the staff this year. 😎

My earlier post when I mentioned NB, I was referring to N. Brunswick not New Bern. I would not consider the New Bern game close.
Coach Braswell will join the staff this year. 😎
Oh I know about NB, was just curious on the coach. We're lucky to have Coach Curlings on the staff over here.

Reactions: portcity FB
Hoggard been good for last 5-10 years esp on D so I am not suprised if they do well again this year personally this area more of Baseball area personally. Football is more Hoggard/NH but i feel like baseball little more competitive

DE Malakahi West recieved an offer from NCCU this week. Many more to come. Congrats to him. Smith has offers from W&M and Charleston Southern. He has more coming as well.

I agree. Hoggard should be the favorite followed by NH. Hoggard bringing back a bunch of All Conference guys. Always a well coached team too. NH return their QB and two pretty good RBs. Coach Fuller will have their D on point as usual.

My dark horse is Topsail. Their defense was impressive when healthy last year and the younger qb has tons of potential. Coach Teachey is doing a great job over there.

I think everyone else just kindof falls into place.
I was impressed with Topsails defense last year. They also improved each week. I don’t think they have the horses to win the conference but they would be a good pick for a dark house.

Hoggard been good for last 5-10 years esp on D so I am not suprised if they do well again this year personally this area more of Baseball area personally. Football is more Hoggard/NH but i feel like baseball little more competitive
This area is loaded with D1 talent in baseball. The Wilmington area typically have a handful of D1 football players graduating each year. They may have 1-2 D1 basketball players but in baseball there is typically over a dozen each year.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
This area is loaded with D1 talent in baseball. The Wilmington area typically have a handful of D1 football players graduating each year. They may have 1-2 D1 basketball players but in baseball there is typically over a dozen each year.
I enjoy our time down there back in 2015 or so time frame when we were at Ashley HS for their baseball spring break tournament and we seen New Hanover and such so

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT