ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach at Mt Airy

Staff stays in tact - Austin Taylor will be new Head Coach. All positions coaches are staying. From what I heard Tyson Claybo will be added to the staff. You heard it first.
Highly doubt they’d add him to the staff without losing anybody else from the staff.

Highly doubt they’d add him to the staff without losing anybody else from the staff.
Agreed. Plus he's going to want to do some NFL stuff. They like tarboro are very good because what they are running nobody sees but once a year. And they have the athletes to kill you with it.

Claybo will be added to staff , wants the opportunity to coach son. Line coach from what I heard.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Claybo will be added to staff , wants the opportunity to coach son. Line coach from what I heard.
If he’s going to be the line coach you’d definitely be changing the staff…. I don’t see that happening after they had a dominant OL the past three years with the two coaches they already have doing it.
I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of those young guys follow Adkins or end up back in Ronda.
Idk if they’ll follow adkins. 1 works in the school system so he’d probably have the opportunity to follow him but I don’t think the other does. I would guess if claybo came in then both of those guys would find themselves at other schools like EW pretty quick

If he’s going to be the line coach you’d definitely be changing the staff…. I don’t see that happening after they had a dominant OL the past three years with the two coaches they already have doing it.

Idk if they’ll follow adkins. 1 works in the school system so he’d probably have the opportunity to follow him but I don’t think the other does. I would guess if claybo came in then both of those guys would find themselves at other schools like EW pretty quick
Clabo is not gonna do that unless they hire from outside. And people leave. They would be crazy to change that up. Adkins didn't even coach o line last year those two did and they killed people. Every game by the third quarter dudes on the other d line we're flying through the air. Pissed robbinsville off so bad they got three pf or unsportsmanlike fouls. If they hire Taylor or holder they will continue to dominate. If not they may need to hire quite a few coaches

Im hearing that Barney is gonna be the new head coach. Gonna be running the offense out of the pistol set with one bullet in the backfield. Heard Team pre game meals are gonna be split between Snappy Lunch and Aunt Beas every week. Hearing team will be kept looking top notch with bi weekly haircuts at Floyd's barbershop and that if anyone gives any lip on this post that Andy is gonna be knocking on there door making a citizen's arrest. This deffinatly includes punks like rough trader , gdawg , td, pyles , squid, buzz and the rest of you 1a prima donnas stirring up crap on here all the time. Unfortunately all the real posters these days are the moderators, the Baremans , old rebels, coach robbies , the old school ablemarle and thomasville posters of the world are long gone from these boards . Used to have real conversations on here but not anymore. Now its CLOWN TOWN

Last edited:
Im hearing that Barney is gonna be the new head coach. Gonna be running the offense out of the pistol set with one bullet in the backfield. Heard Team pre game meals are gonna be split between Snappy Lunch and Aunt Beas every week. Hearing team will be kept looking top notch with bi weekly haircuts at Floyd's barbershop and that if anyone gives any lip on this post that Andy is gonna be knocking on there door making a citizen's arrest. This deffinatly includes punks like rough trader , gdawg , td, pyles , squid, buzz and the rest of you 1a prima donnas stirring up crap on here all the time. Unfortunately all the real posters these days are the moderators, the Baremans , old rebels, coach robbies , the old school ablemarle and thomasville posters of the world are long gone from these boards . Used to have real conversations on here but not anymore. Now its CLOWN TOWN
Sounds like somebody may have had a heaping helping of buzz butt last night. And now his feelings are hurt cuz buzz has moved on to someone else. You know when you used to be on here because you know all the cool people that used to be on here. But then you come on with a brand new name. Probably cuz you got banned. Or you know people were really talking about real football. Or maybe just one of those people that you called pains in the asses figured out that you were a gash. But regardless. You remember this about all the cool old times. And then you decided to throw on clowntown. Which is about the dumbest piece of crap moron saying ever. Here's something you can do pronoun boy. Stfu talk some real football. Don't get your feelings hurt. Let your grandma cook you some chicken stew.

Could someone with a little intelligence explain to me how great fans talking about their team and community is "stirring up crap on here all the time"?

Sounds like someone did not eat their oatmeal this morning. Or maybe they did not get the the bathroom just in time.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Could someone with a little intelligence explain to me how great fans talking about their team and community is "stirring up crap on here all the time"?

Sounds like someone did not eat their oatmeal this morning. Or maybe they did not get the the bathroom just in time.
Oh it's more about a recycled member. You know someone that knows all those names that's been reading it for a long time. Although they would never admit it. Someone that you know used to be on here but probably got banned. Or just start up everyone's ire. Or maybe he decided to make a mistake and mess up and meet one of these posters outside of the message board. And got his ass whipped. That would be the best scenario. Although that might happen again. Anyway that's what this person is a POS gash that comes back on with a new name. Sounded like a high school kid or a drunk fraternity boy with his clown town crap.

• Haha
Reactions: Jmappfan5
I think a sleeper candidate could emerge down the stretch and that's former Watauga & Former West Forsyth coach Adrian Snow who took this past year off from coaching. He has a great win % at both schools(He is probably in the top 15/20 coaches in the State for the amount of wins he accumulated). His Playoff record wasn't great but not to bad either. He's a ground & pound coach who's teams have thrived in the running game. I’m guessing he’s in his mid to late 40's and I think he's a graduate of Surry Central. On the other hand, he may not have applied for the job. I do think he’s a good fit and he wouldn’t mess with the current staff.

Last edited:
I think a sleeper candidate could emerge down the stretch and that's former Watauga & Former West Forsyth coach Adrian Snow who took this past year off from coaching. He has a great win % at both schools(He is probably in the top 15/20 coaches in the State for the amount of wins he accumulated). His Playoff record wasn't great but not to bad either. He's a ground & pound coach who's teams have thrived in the running game. I’m guessing he’s in his mid to late 40's and I think he's a graduate of Surry Central. On the other hand, he may not have applied for the job. I do think he’s a good fit and he wouldn’t mess with the current staff.
I think he could be a possibility as well.

Not saying it would not happen, he was a Surrty Central graduate and head coach there also. For him to walk away from school system with 3 years to full retirement, he had to be paid serious money by Riddell.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Yhea i said it Clowntown. Perfect example is this ole girl named rough trader and her response. 2 years ago she was a east surry fan, now she is all of a sudden a Mt airy fan. Bandwagon guess she pulled for the chiefs this year to. I would have to add Whitley to the list of Legitimate posters. The rest of you cats must be posting from the bench at Mayberry Mall or the parking lot of wal mart as i hadnt seen one post that actually talks about football. Normally it just hogwash and drama about whos getting the most likes or attention on there post. The posters i see posting substance or actual knowledge of something are posters from other schools. So the people from the other schools have more info on the coaching situation at Mt airy than these so called clown fanbase who supposedly are in the know. Dude from madien knew your coach was leaving before any of you did. funny stuff. If you have some real info then put it up OR SHUT UP. Whos actually interviewed for the job, does anybody know that? Whos the front runner does anybody know that? This clown named gdawg keeps saying the taylor kid but hes 17 right. I would imagine the powers to be would want a little experience. The program is established , pays good , has a hell of a recruiting program and from what i understand pays good , real dog gone good with that supplement package the youth foundation pays out. Whats the low down on what this post is actually supposed to be about. Any of you cats got solid info

I called my sources and know of 3 Triad coaches that sent in an application.

School like that should/probably would hire someone internal if they applied.

Is Mount Airy really a top 10 job in the state? Just asking. I'd proabably say no, but want to see what everyone else thinks.

Come on guys let me introduce y'all to each other. Mt airy feels like the can ground n pound Reidsville into submission and it would be a miracle if y'all came back out after halftime 🤣🤣 Reidsville says they laugh at mt airy, that Reidsville athletes would run by them and have their way all game. It would look like they are playing a rec team from optimist 🤣🤣. Ok y'all are now officially introduced 🤣🤣

@Sportsnut17 lol how ya do it 🤣
Stir The Pot GIF by Tailgating Challenge

Last year would have been a good game. I feel like Mount Airy would have stopped Reidsville from running the ball. But would they have been able to stop that deadly receiving core Reidsville has? Then on the flip side could Reidsville have slowed Mount Airy down and forced them to throw?

Reactions: sbbbfan
Last year would have been a good game. I feel like Mount Airy would have stopped Reidsville from running the ball. But would they have been able to stop that deadly receiving core Reidsville has? Then on the flip side could Reidsville have slowed Mount Airy down and forced them to throw?
Yeah ultimately I'm playing around. But I would love to see the matchup because Reidsville has trouble stopping great rushing attacks. But on flip side Mt airy probably has never played the speed and athletes Reidsville has. 6'7 250 pound TE/DE. Speed at every skill position. But Reidsville trenches were a little more vulnerable this year. It would of been an interesting matchup

Reidsville by 21 , Bears secondary was soft. Theres no way they stop the reidsville passing game i seen on Championship Saturday. They shut Clintons running game down that was as good as mayberrys if not better, better yet Reidsville by 28

Is Mount Airy really a top 10 job in the state? Just asking. I'd proabably say no, but want to see what everyone else thinks.

It is one of the most attractive small school jobs Id say. Good athlete pool, support, and history. Top 10? I could probably rattle off 10 before they came up but the argument could be made.

Id be interested to see peoples opinions on the most desired/attractive/top desitinations in the state.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
This thread is about a new coach for Mount Airy and some are making a joke about Mount Airy and disrespecting a back-to-back State Championship team. How about some respect for the school ? They just started taking applications 4 days ago as of today. If, and buts are irrelevant since they don't play Reidsville, and East Surry was not supposed to beat Reidsville in 2019 but East won 55-49, and East and Reidsville both won the 1A & 2A State Championships in 2019. East Surry's passing game beat Reidsville that year. Who is to say Mount Airy's defense could not have shut down Reidsville's passing game and got to their QB like they did everyone's QB? Let us get back to talking about possible new coaches be they come from outside the school or present coaches ! I have seen enough on different boards, mostly 1A & 3A to tell me that amaidendevil is or has been a coach maybe JV or AD, or it's very possible anyway. I do know he loves stirring the pot and is not even from a 1A or 3A. STOP MAKING FUN OF MOUNT AIRY, RESPECT THEM. Is the 2A Maiden board that boring ?

Who will be the next BEAR head coach ?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT