ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach at Mt Airy

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
Interested persons can apply for the position starting Monday Feb 12 by going to www.mtairy.k12.nc.us click on EMPLOYMENT and this will take you to the link; last day to apply is Friday Feb 23

Seriously, Doug Robertson who won a State Championship at Reidsville, then moved to Thomasville and later made the mistake of going to 4A Page in GBO, might be interested.

Or if I were wishing, the gentleman at a neighboring school that dress in Orange, might be motivated and enticed, come on up 77. UHMMMM.

OK absolutely came out of my behind on that one. But that is the type of "established" coach that I would hope for.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Do you get the idea that Mt Airy thinks he is absolutely top shelf?
I'd believe so he's one of the best coaches in the state. I mean never know til you contact him lol. Just saying based on everything I've heard from in interviews over the years. I really can't picture him leaving Tarboro. Then again I never pictured Tom Brady leaving the Patriots either 😂

I'd believe so he's one of the best coaches in the state. I mean never know til you contact him lol. Just saying based on everything I've heard from in interviews over the years. I really can't picture him leaving Tarboro. Then again I never pictured Tom Brady leaving the Patriots either 😂
I read on some thread before the State Championship game that he had stopped at our local Speedway going to visit family somewhere and asked about the area and the BEARS. Maybe this is way closer to his family. You can't never tell, lol. His last 3 State losses and 5 or 6 playoff matchups came from Surry County. Just a guess as to when he came through but I do remember reading it and it was posted by a Tarboro fan or from out east anyway. Maybe he won't fit in out west anyway. lol

Last edited:
Seriously, Doug Robertson who won a State Championship at Reidsville, then moved to Thomasville and later made the mistake of going to 4A Page in GBO, might be interested.

Or if I were wishing, the gentleman at a neighboring school that dress in Orange, might be motivated and enticed, come on up 77. UHMMMM.

OK absolutely came out of my behind on that one. But that is the type of "established" coach that I would hope for.
Who are you talking about? Lloyd? Or the chambers coach.

No jokes aside guys I want very best possible coach we can get and not really on my part but for kids part someone who won't job hop like most do now I'm beginning wonder if he couldn't be up 89 here outside city limits he would definitely be loyal he qb here

As long as I have been alive Maiden has never had a coach outside of Maiden circle. Got close one time but it fell through. Tom Brown was there as long as I can remember followed by his son Bryan Brown then Snyder to fill a few gap years till Will Byrne was ready to take over. Even though I think Snyder should have stepped down a little sooner.

I took past advice on here rode by stadium I hate it for freedom good coach with pig stye coming no excuse for that because i truly love this team man if i was head coach of that team it would be emaculate with MA on front doorway we at Mt airy will prevail and will be bad to the bone next season

That's damn mess you can't miss it
I'd never beleive he would ever throw the ball any I think that's just opposite what's Mtairy looking for we beat you on that game last two years we don't want it here you all keep it up we will win more we figured that Tarboro T out now

Yeah....but there were reasons West Iredell passed on him.

Some of you dudes it is a little hard to understand what you're saying. I think one of the bear people is trying to say that the North Surry coach would be good. Or hopefully you're talking about the defensive coordinator that's currently a Mount Airy who was a quarterback there. That's who they need to hire. If they screw it up shame on them. If there is anything he doesn't know he's got a former head coach with 30 years plus, a defensive coordinator with 26 years, a defensive line coach with 30 plus years, a running backs coach with 27 years experience, a hell of an o line coach, a d backs coach who has coached in a few state champs I believe, a great d line coach and a great QB coach and the guy himself who is the defensive coordinator and makes teams wilt that are supposedly good. If the school system screws this up they deserve what they get.

Reactions: jsc1973
Some of you dudes it is a little hard to understand what you're saying. I think one of the bear people is trying to say that the North Surry coach would be good. Or hopefully you're talking about the defensive coordinator that's currently a Mount Airy who was a quarterback there. That's who they need to hire. If they screw it up shame on them. If there is anything he doesn't know he's got a former head coach with 30 years plus, a defensive coordinator with 26 years, a defensive line coach with 30 plus years, a running backs coach with 27 years experience, a hell of an o line coach, a d backs coach who has coached in a few state champs I believe, a great d line coach and a great QB coach and the guy himself who is the defensive coordinator and makes teams wilt that are supposedly good. If the school system screws this up they deserve what they get.
Make it sound like they have an All-Star coaching team there

I think they're pretty good man take a look at it yourself. Coaching has a lot to do with it. They got somebody really good at every position. That hard to find.
Just curious rough, that’s a small college size staff, all those positions paid?

Maybe they can pick up an English teacher along the way while looking for a HC.

Last edited:
I have no idea. 2.of the guys left North. One guy from Elkin 1 from East Wilkes. I would dont they all are but who knows. Those city systems pay well I guess.
good thing about country schools like that is they understand the importance of having coaches in the school....in Guilford county we dont understand that

Reactions: FormerDog38
I have no idea. 2.of the guys left North. One guy from Elkin 1 from East Wilkes. I would dont they all are but who knows. Those city systems pay well I guess.
2 from EW…. It’ll be interesting to see how much of the staff stays together. 2 from north surry 1 from Elkin 1 from starmount and 2 from EW. 6 guys not from Mount airy. I wonder if anybody on staff will get a real shot at being the HC. I think someone from the young guy group might be the best option if Mount airy is looking for 20-30 year type stability

2 from EW…. It’ll be interesting to see how much of the staff stays together. 2 from north surry 1 from Elkin 1 from starmount and 2 from EW. 6 guys not from Mount airy. I wonder if anybody on staff will get a real shot at being the HC. I think someone from the young guy group might be the best option if Mount airy is looking for 20-30 year type stability
I think the young coach that's been there and is the defensive coordinator. That's the one that will hold everybody together. But like I say. I can see them messing it up. I'm with you he's the best choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT