ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesville at Mt Airy

Sa

Sad times for sure but we have come so far. We can’t erase history and have to keep getting better. Cancel culture is not the way
Has nothing with cancel culture. Has to do with everybody being able to play on a level playing field.

Has nothing with cancel culture. Has to do with everybody being able to play on a level playing field.
That was over 50 years ago. Don’t live in the past. Move on. If you think it shouldn’t count then yes you are wanting to cancel a part of history.

That was over 50 years ago. Don’t live in the past. Move on. If you think it shouldn’t count then yes you are wanting to cancel a part of history.
Split the number of titles into before and after integration.

No disrespect to any of the SMC teams but this Mt Airy team is for real. As bad as it bugs me to say that considering the majority of their posters on here but gotta give credit where its due. I know the Murphy guys said their D had a horrible night against us, and that maybe true, but Mt Airy smacked us right in the mouth and sent us packing. Personally, uggghhhhh.....This Mt Airy group SHOULD win it all.

Mount Airy should play their JV team this week against Hayesville and rest their varsity for Round 4.

Reactions: gdawg74
I co-sign with EWCards#1..even though they choked last year. Mt.Airy is loaded for Bear(pun intended) I see them against Tarboro or Draughn against Tarboro for all the marbles.
I see us playing Haysville next Friday the winner of that game will determine who plays week after one week at a time me personally they have athletes but you have to win to advance we will worry about other teams if we win next Friday

Hayesville got two great draws in the playoffs..No disrespect but their world comes crashing down on Friday night against Mt.Airy.

Reactions: Fargo2017
Hayesville got two great draws in the playoffs..No disrespect but their world comes crashing down on Friday night against Mt.Airy.
Those that haven’t seen Mt. Airy play first hand don’t realize how good they really are. As bad as I hate to say it, running clock by halftime.

Hayesville is happy to still be playing. One Mt Airy poster(TD-friday) referred to use as a losing team. We are 7-5. We have suffered 2 bad losses (I know ever loss is bad) and those were to Andrews and a good Tuscola team. We are building our program. We are making strides, the trick is to continue to move forward. Regardless of the outcome this week we will continue to work.

Hayesville is happy to still be playing. One Mt Airy poster(TD-friday) referred to use as a losing team. We are 7-5. We have suffered 2 bad losses (I know ever loss is bad) and those were to Andrews and a good Tuscola team. We are building our program. We are making strides, the trick is to continue to move forward. Regardless of the outcome this week we will continue to work.
You pissed me off and I called you as a person a loser for your remarks. I have made no remarks about Hayesville that you brought on with your remarks. Wish them a safe trip to Mount Airy. So once again, Good Night, recycled2 LOSER

Last edited:
You pissed me off and I called you as a person a loser for your remarks. I have made no remarks about Hayesville. Wish them a safe trip to Mount Airy. So once again, Good Night, recycled2 LOSER
Look down this thread and see all the posts saying Hayesville will lose Friday Night. Mount Airy probably wins but I hope Hayesville gives the BEARS a good game.

Don't be an A$$ and ask a question if you don't want it answered. Of course, you have a losing team and want to give posters with a good team a rough time. Good Night, LOSER ! ! !
Did you not say "you have a losing team"? There it is in black and white. How can you deny it? You can try to dance around it but there it is. Period. Don't you realize how bad you make yourself look. Step back and look at what you spew. I will give you this, you are consistent. If someone disagrees with you, you react in one of two ways. 1. You behave like a 5 year old and try to attack them(oftentimes name calling such as loser or A$$) or 2. You react like a 3 year old and cry out that you feelings are hurt and you will never post again. Can you possibly deny any of this? No.

Hayesville's not the Hayesville of the Setzer days that played Elkin hard. MA should be fine and get some prep before they play the real big boys.

Still though; Congrats to Hayesville for knocking CTK out! Always good to see the publics win over the privates. No need to worry about any porta-johns anymore lol.
It's time for Mt Airy to step up I feel they have the players they have the coaching it's go time I know they are young but if they survive to Make state we will be tough out next year

It's time for Mt Airy to step up I feel they have the players they have the coaching it's go time I know they are young but if they survive to Make state we will be tough out next year
I haven't seen much of Mt Airy this year but I think you will be a tough out this year. You seem to have a ton of depth and a multi headed offense. If you and Andrews or Robbinsville meet it will make an interesting contest.

Did you not say "you have a losing team"? There it is in black and white. How can you deny it? You can try to dance around it but there it is. Period. Don't you realize how bad you make yourself look. Step back and look at what you spew. I will give you this, you are consistent. If someone disagrees with you, you react in one of two ways. 1. You behave like a 5 year old and try to attack them(oftentimes name calling such as loser or A$$) or 2. You react like a 3 year old and cry out that you feelings are hurt and you will never post again. Can you possibly deny any of this? No.
Spot On!! Like a spoiled child!

Attn Hayesville posters: no one associated with Bears 🏈 sees anything other than a battle coming up…playoffs are a different bird …..Jackets were the 1st SMC team we ever played back in ‘93….lost……good luck & safe travels Friday (bring a crowd)

As much as these Mt Airy fans boast, I still have to agree with them on one thing. Mt Airy is a great team. They will beat Hayesville by 40+. That isn’t a knock to Hayesville. Just like recycled2 said, they are still building their program.

Attn Hayesville posters: no one associated with Bears 🏈 sees anything other than a battle coming up…playoffs are a different bird …..Jackets were the 1st SMC team we ever played back in ‘93….lost……good luck & safe travels Friday (bring a crowd)

It is all good. We understand we are a heavy underdog. We all have posters that sometimes makes us cringe when they post. On a side note, the RB that had a big night against you in 93 is now our HC.

Big question: does Mt Airy have indoor plumbing?
I did not really mean to put you or Hayesville down. When I read this post, my first thought was you were ridiculing Mount Airy. As far as Christ The King Stadium, I had seen a post that they had no bleachers. I have only kept up with the NWC and the team we will play the next week. I use the Mark Read at the top to show all threads read which is all but maybe 2 or 3 threads other than MA. I made the statement at the start of the season that I was not going to be posting much this year and gave the reason. I made a few posts the first 2 or 3 games and never posted on 7 games until the playoffs and I have only posted maybe 6 to 8 posts in the playoffs. Again, I hope Hayesville has a safe trip to Mount Airy & back home. Give the BEARS a tough game but I will be pulling for the BEARS to win. You are right, I can't take the put downs like 5 or 6 years ago when I could hang with the best of them. My mind is not as sharp as it once was and that's why I try to stay off here as much as I would love to hang with everyone. IF Hayesville can beat the BEARS then I will pull for them or any team from the west that plays for the SHIP as I always have. BEARS first then the last west team standing.

Yellow Jacket fan here. Thanks for standing corrected with you comments.
We will make the trip and give it our best shot. Sounds like MA might be too much for us to handle. Proud of our still young Hayesville program and the strides we’ve made. The future looks bright!
GO JACKETS!
I did not really mean to put you or Hayesville down. When I read this post, my first thought was you were ridiculing Mount Airy. As far as Christ The King Stadium, I had seen a post that they had no bleachers. I have only kept up with the NWC and the team we will play the next week. I use the Mark Read at the top to show all threads read which is all but maybe 2 or 3 threads other than MA. I made the statement at the start of the season that I was not going to be posting much this year and gave the reason. I made a few posts the first 2 or 3 games and never posted on 7 games until the playoffs and I have only posted maybe 6 to 8 posts in the playoffs. Again, I hope Hayesville has a safe trip to Mount Airy & back home. Give the BEARS a tough game but I will be pulling for the BEARS to win. You are right, I can't take the put downs like 5 or 6 years ago when I could hang with the best of them. My mind is not as sharp as it once was and that's why I try to stay off here as much as I would love to hang with everyone. IF Hayesville can beat the BEARS then I will pull for them or any team from the west that plays for the SHIP as I always have. BEARS first then the last west team standing.

Hayesville had Coach Setzer for several years. Prior to that he was the Head Coach at North Surry for 5 years. During that time, North Surry did not lose an in county game that entire time. My eldest son transfer from smaller to larger and played for him his junior year. Setzer was a most excellent coach here as I am sure he was at Hayesville.

I believe his son made All State his senior year, not sure but I believe so. During his 5 years in Surry County, Mt Airy had some very good teams but not like what Mt Airy has had the past 10 years or so. We will welcome Hayesville to our very humble home next Friday night. But at 7:30 or 7:31 things, specifically

Setzer was the HC the year I was born; very underrated and the forgotten HC in our history which is super unfortunate. He did a ton to modernize the program more than people realize; created the booster program and innovated weightlifting which wasn't empathized. if we hadn't been in that Iredell conference he woulda won so much more.

His work at Hayesville doesn't get enough credit either; turned them around super fast. His son was legit; I hate they left he would have had a heck of a career at North.

One of the few HC's I'd love to meet. Most of them aren't good people but he seems like a humble and decent fellow.

You pissed me off and I called you as a person a loser for your remarks. I have made no remarks about Hayesville that you brought on with your remarks. Wish them a safe trip to Mount Airy. So once again, Good Night, recycled2 LOSER
He has more rings on his second hand then you will ever have ha ha

Reactions: recycled2
Setzer was the HC the year I was born; very underrated and the forgotten HC in our history which is super unfortunate. He did a ton to modernize the program more than people realize; created the booster program and innovated weightlifting which wasn't empathized. if we hadn't been in that Iredell conference he woulda won so much more.

His work at Hayesville doesn't get enough credit either; turned them around super fast. His son was legit; I hate they left he would have had a heck of a career at North.

One of the few HC's I'd love to meet. Most of them aren't good people but he seems like a humble and decent fellow.

Setzer was a terrible HC, we’ve talked about this before He road Dee Walsh’s coat tale to be called the head coach at Hayesville. Realistically the head coach should have been Dee. If you look at the two coaches. Dee is a head coach at Robbinsville and Setzer is a middle school coach at Union County. If he was such a great coach why wouldn’t he be a head coach somewhere? Because he can’t

• Haha
Reactions: Slasher Killer
I’m usually pleasantly surprised with how many of our folks show up. We’re proud of our young men.
LoL 😂 261 miles and a cold night however might keep a few from being able to make it out but I’m sure our presence will be known.
GO JACKETS!
Safe journey to all who make the trip down to Mayberry. Hayesville gets the award for the most travel miles this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT