ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesville at Mt Airy

MA beat Murphy at Murphy in 06 48-17 MA was a 6 seed.
It was 42-20, biggest margin of MA 3 wins, Murphy wasn't very good that season finished the year 6-6. That season ('06) was the last time Murphy lost to Hayesville for context. MA's other wins in the series were by 6 and 14. Murphy beat MA by 19 and 14 pts in their 2 wins.

Last edited:
It was 42-20, biggest margin of MA 3 wins, Murphy wasn't very good that season finished the year 6-6. That year was the last time Murphy lost to Hayesville for context. MA's other wins were by 6 and 14. Murphy beat you by 19 and 14 pts in their 2 wins.
MA beat Murphy 2017 48-21 west finals to go to the ship

If you want to know why I used the number of backs I did, look at Mt Airy running back stats on Maxprep. I believe the lowest per carry yardage is 9.6 or there about. This given that the "starters" have not played in the 2nd half of 7 or 8 games and at least 2 games not after the 1st quarter. That does not include last nights game.

You have no freaking clue about me. I could give a shit what's thought of me on a message board. I have a great life.
Just messing with you brother because it’s so easy to do. It’s all good and i’m sure you’re a good man. I shouldn’t have said all that so I do apologize. We all support our teams and take shots at each other but I went to far. That dang little devil made me do it

Can we talk football on this thread or is this gonna be one of those. Ma might not have the lustrous hardware that all the Smc teams have , but let’s remember that the Bears OWN the smc head to head and the bears hadn’t been playing small ball for their entirety. Most of those years were in 3a. Maybe the bears won’t win it all but the fact is they are able to be in the conversation every year says something. There’s a lot of schools that dream about having a year like the bears have most years. I do agree they should have a little more hardware than they do but to say the crap most say on here is just hilarious. There’s only two teams in 1a that can say they have had their way with the bears head to head that’s Mitchell and Tarboro, I didn’t say any SMC TEAM and I damn sure didn’t say ELKIN. The Bears have owned the Smc and Elkin and every other team in the surrounding area. As far as east surry goes, they didn’t have a chance every game last year either and they played in a regional final. Lowman is a hell of a big game coach. I wouldn’t count them out till the last second is off the clock.
Your definition of “owned” is very different from mine. I wish Mt. Airy could join the SMC for 10 years or so. Then we would see how much they “own” it lol.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Nc nole fan — post the head to head of the smc against the bears ? You can wish in one hand and S&it in the other and it won’t change the fact that the bears are more than enough to play in the smc . What’s the head to head? When you answer it will be enough said
If MA was REALLY in the SMC’s class you would have the hardware to prove it. What was that about wishing in one hand again? I’ll take your word for it that MA has a winning record against the SMC. Tell you what, you hold all of the SMC’s trophies while I go look it up? Deal?

Last edited:
You do that..,and I’ll take Murphy’s 10 state titles to ???? How many for MA again?
Omg why dont y'all brag a little. Damn if anyone else on here brags on their team in the present y'all always bring well hey we won trophies back in the day. We get it SMC is NC football. Now go hold them trophies turn them sob side was and stick straight up your candy Caine's.

Omg why dont y'all brag a little. Damn if anyone else on here brags on their team in the present y'all always bring well hey we won trophies back in the day. We get it SMC is NC football. Now go hold them trophies turn them sob side was and stick straight up your candy Caine's.
Lol I only said something because another poster was on here claiming ownage of the SMC. See how silly that sounds? Carry on.

Including this year...it may be a few years before an SMC team knocks Mt.Airy off. Andrews is great. Mt.Airy's on another level. Barring injury..they just come at you in waves offensively. Not flashy..but smash mouf with a great deal of speed. I will be here to enjoy my crow..when and if Mt.Airy gets knocked off in the West.

I see you didn't answer gdawg question.
No need to. Just because MA has had some success against some SMC teams in the playoffs over the years doesn’t mean they “own” the SMC or that they would dominate it if they were a member of it.

You didn’t answer my question either. How many state titles does MA have? Who has more state titles between Murphy and MA?

Including this year...it may be a few years before an SMC team knocks Mt.Airy off. Andrews is great. Mt.Airy's on another level. Barring injury..they just come at you in waves offensively. Not flashy..but smash mouf with a great deal of speed. I will be here to enjoy my crow..when and if Mt.Airy gets knocked off in the West.
No disrespect, but we heard the same thing last year. I’ll take Andrews if the game happens.

Look at Draughns turnaround...i mean they have taken Mitchell to the woodshed twice...You cant always go on last years demises....
That’s true. Let me also add that Andrews is the only team in the SMC this season that I think can handle MA. The Cats are THAT good. But I’ll admit it remains to be seen how they handle things the deeper into the playoffs they go. This is very new to them, so who knows??

But let’s hope the Bears and Blk Knights are able to take care of business next Friday night so we can have a Thanksgiving thread like no other. It would be a classic S&:T talk thread for the ages. I love the tradition the Smc has and there physical brand of football. I like what you guys do year in and year out BK. I give that respect, but I will call a spade a spade as well. Good luck 🍀 next week, represent your tradition and conference on the beaches of Ramseur, we will do the same in the granite city. Then hopefully we watch pregame together, talk a little crap a drink And cup of coffee next Friday during pregame. . Lot of work for both teams to do first for that to happen t

After seeing Draughn up close tonight I’m starting to think Andrews will have there hands full with them. I think they blow thomasville out next week. Draughn is legit, they gonna be a tough out for anyone.
. 2 minutes 15 seconds. That's how they will get handled. I thought they looked soft. It won't get any better

and if Murphy gets past Andrews..and they meet Mt.Airy...i will take Mt.Airy in an absolute blowout.
Cool story. Murphy is fortunate to even be in the running given the major injuries they've had and the playmakers they lost from last year. Dogs will probably lose next week but I think they've gotten the most out of their available talent this season. They underachieved last year, should've advanced further than the 4th round with the raw talent they had, QB messing up his shoulder and the coaching staff turnover so close to the start of the season derailed last year before it even got going in a lot of ways. This year they've pretty well maximized their personnel and talent, credit to the staff and players.

Last edited:
Robbinsville averages a state title every 4.5 years from the time the Black Knights started playing football.
MA averages one about every 15 years.

I think MA has the best chance to win the west.
Then Andrews
Then Draughn.

Draughn has the best chance to beat Tarboro.
Then MA
Then Andrews.

Robbinsville averages a state title every 4.5 years from the time the Black Knights started playing football.

Then Andrews
Then Draughn.

Then MA
Then Andrews.
Just my opinion but I don’t think titles should be counted prior to schools becoming integrated. Like I said, just my opinion.

I asked this question on a HS football page on Facebook. When did schools integrate.
I got many different answers. From 55 to 72.
Be nice to know.

Why wouldn't you count them anyway?

Reactions: Purple1995
I asked this question on a HS football page on Facebook. When did schools integrate.
I got many different answers. From 55 to 72.
Be nice to know.

Why wouldn't you count them anyway?
I think different schools integrated at slightly different tImes. I don’t think they should count because not all the kids in an area were allowed to play.

Then Andrews
Then Draughn.

Then MA
Then Andrews.
I think this is a fair statement. I think East showed some vulnerability in Tarboro tge one year they won it. Draughn throws it around pretty well. But I will say Draughn isn’t a 2019 East Surry either. Only real win is against a banged up Mitchell team the 1st go around and a not a 100 percent Mitchell squad the second go around. That Andrew’s game and their secondary is gonna be the measuring stick for Draughn. Although I like to talk a little crap with you guys I am a fan of mountain football, just not when it comes to when they play the bears. Let’s hope the bears are able to remain healthy for a potential run. It’s been a Smokey mountain team that took two state championships away from us. Robbinsville although a win banged us up in lieu to a loss to Wallace rose hill , then swain came to town and banged us up in the weakest western bracket in recent memory. Took Greene , smith and a couple more out and east put a but whooping on the bears the next week. We wouldn’t have beat Tarboro that year but we should have been there. Same with the débâcle last year. I’m a fan but there’s a lotta should’ve could’ve in the granite city. I’m hoping this year they break through but we are week to week right now. This team is loaded with athletes and should but we will keep our fingers crossed and play one game at a time

I hope Andrews can stay healthy and be able to play against these teams. Our last state game was in the 60's I believe. If Andrews stays healthy the rest of the way they will match up well with the teams in the 4-5th rounds. Gotta get past Murphy first!! GO CATS!!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Yes it was the 60s. Andrews had three I think then but it was basically a regional championship like Robbinsville in 65.

Reactions: recycled2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT