ADVERTISEMENT

Gaston County

crestrulz

Oct 18, 2003
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Reactions: crest91
Gaston County- The county where many of them hate Cleveland County football teams and do not allow Cleveland County teams to live stream games for fans that can’t make it to games because GC supposedly need every dime in gate revenue that is generated from the Cleveland County teams coming to town lol

What he said is true. 4 HS in the county. Shelby...that's a whole other discussion they are cheating on top of cheating. 1 HS for that whole city? Come on man.
I don't hate CC football. I used to admire it greatly....less and less these days though. All this is... is a carry over from where it started: youth sports and AAU basketball. Look at those fine institutions and where things have ended up. NFL and college football and basketball are about ruined. Youth sports is about ruined. Now HS - the last hope....is getting ruined. Just wait...in 10-12 years there will be 4-5 teams in the state each year that yall can just play round robin with until the "state championship".

It's just not impressive to anybody if a couple guys who aren' t good enough to make their HS team much better where they WERE....jump ship to be a small part of a semi-recruited team at any unnamed, undisclosed CC football program. That's the way the world feels at least. Much like Crest's 2003 State title (with an asterisk) - that has become CC football the last 5-6 years.

What he said is true. 4 HS in the county. Shelby...that's a whole other discussion they are cheating on top of cheating. 1 HS for that whole city? Come on man.
I don't hate CC football. I used to admire it greatly....less and less these days though. All this is... is a carry over from where it started: youth sports and AAU basketball. Look at those fine institutions and where things have ended up. NFL and college football and basketball are about ruined. Youth sports is about ruined. Now HS - the last hope....is getting ruined. Just wait...in 10-12 years there will be 4-5 teams in the state each year that yall can just play round robin with until the "state championship".

It's just not impressive to anybody if a couple guys who aren' t good enough to make their HS team much better where they WERE....jump ship to be a small part of a semi-recruited team at any unnamed, undisclosed CC football program. That's the way the world feels at least. Much like Crest's 2003 State title (with an asterisk) - that has become CC football the last 5-6 years.
There are teams in the state whose player transfers are much much worse than Cleveland and Gaston counties. Parents today have more education, resources, and skin in the game when it comes helping their children obtain their goals/dreams. Parents today are financing trainers, camps, sports nutrition to assist their child so why wouldn’t they look at where that child is playing? Parents transfer their kids for all sorts of reasons. As far as my knowledge I cannot recall any kids with college offers or all state accolades ever transferring into a Cleveland County school. This is happening in other counties in NC as we speak. From the mountains to the coast.

I honestly have no quarrels with transfers if done the right way. If parents want to move into a district that allows their son/daughter an advantage to lengthen their playing career; I'm all for it. Big difference in recruiting and transferring.
I agree, I think many here get the two mixed up and smear names for no reason which is unfortunate. If their paperwork is good why complain? Crest, KM, and Shelby have all lost kids who were going to be key pieces to their teams this upcoming year to transfer. You have to keep moving forward regardless.

You lost me right there. The whole city? They are the smallest school in the county.

11 HS vs. 4 HS..... you should be drastically better. Still can't stop the option.
KM has held the redbone in check the past few years. The KM-SP battles have been extremely physical in the trenches the past few years.

You lost me right there. The whole city? They are the smallest school in the county.
He is trying to say that Shelby is to big population wise to be the smallest school but the poster doesn't realize district lines that have been drawn for decades makes it that way. Higher population don't always equate to more school age population.

Reactions: shutdownD24
He is trying to say that Shelby is to big population wise to be the smallest school but the poster doesn't realize district lines that have been drawn for decades makes it that way. Higher population don't always equate to more school age population.
But conventional wisdom would suggest so. Shelby isn't quite the retirement destination.

But conventional wisdom would suggest so. Shelby isn't quite the retirement destination.
Shelby is definitely an older adult town in my opinion. Mainly established jobs for people that has been there for years and not alot of new created jobs. Plus Shelbys isn't getting the Charlotte overflow yet. The main thing still is the way district lines were drawn when it was 3 systems in the county. For Shelby, you had to stay inside of the city limits and some of the growing areas with neighborhoods in Shelby, were not inside the city limits.

Shelby is definitely an older adult town in my opinion. Mainly established jobs for people that has been there for years and not alot of new created jobs. Plus Shelbys isn't getting the Charlotte overflow yet. The main thing still is the way district lines were drawn when it was 3 systems in the county. For Shelby, you had to stay inside of the city limits and some of the growing areas with neighborhoods in Shelby, were not inside the city limits.
2023 Census indicates that 59.7% of Shelby's residents are between 5 and 54.

Crest buses drive by shelby high school in every direction. We put trailers in the parking lots because we're out of room. They keep their numbers low on purpose so they can beat up on inferior opponents and beat their chests and say "look what we did." They had a great game plan, only problem is Daddy Reidsville said, "not so fast my friend."

Crest buses drive by shelby high school in every direction. We put trailers in the parking lots because we're out of room. They keep their numbers low on purpose so they can beat up on inferior opponents and beat their chests and say "look what we did." They had a great game plan, only problem is Daddy Reidsville said, "not so fast my friend."
Yeah just imagine how good we would be if all those students bussed by Shelby to go to Crest actually came to Shelby...

How you gonna talk smack when Recruiting central High over in Boiling Spgings have kids coming from

Shelby
Gaffney
Gastonia
Kings Mountain
Rutherford County
Burns
AND most daddies end up with a job all the sudden....

Our numbers are low cause yalls coaches keep their sticky fingers in the "Hey come here" pot.... Get outta town Champ lol

EDIT: but yeah Reidsville did lay a whoopin on us last year

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
The lines have been drawn over and over again.

Crest at one time was 4A and there weren’t but 4 classifications. Crest was getting kids from Elizabeth at the time that drove right past Shelby on the way to school.

Your synopsis is also obviously riddled with inaccuracies. Someone is making these football players every year and it isn’t old people like me.

Plenty of work around here. The problem is Government bums.

Shelby’s school numbers are 2A the football team its is 4A.

SHELBY isn’t coming up on their own. They’ll be forced or it isn’t happening. But, they’ll play anybody OOC at the beginning of the year.

However, they want all them ROODY POO rings they can get.

The lines have been drawn over and over again.

Crest at one time was 4A and there weren’t but 4 classifications. Crest was getting kids from Elizabeth at the time that drove right past Shelby on the way to school.

Your synopsis is also obviously riddled with inaccuracies. Someone is making these football players every year and it isn’t old people like me.

Plenty of work around here. The problem is Government bums.

Shelby’s school numbers are 2A the football team its is 4A.

SHELBY isn’t coming up on their own. They’ll be forced or it isn’t happening. But, they’ll play anybody OOC at the beginning of the year.

However, they want all them ROODY POO rings they can get.
Crest was 4a because the population across NC and all the new schools weren't built or at capacity. I'm not sure, but what has been Crest largest enrollment number? Guessing, maybe 1600-1800,dare to say possibility 2000, which is still alot less of these new mega size schools. I know the lines had been redrawn for the younger grades at one time but wasn't sure about the middle and high schools lines redrawn. I know at one point, the Shelby controlled school board lost some influence after being voted out after the merger disaster.

I agree, they have 4a football numbers but I think that is because of the tradition they have had(weather manufactured or not by playing 2A), but kids want to play for winning programs just as much as they want to play for a winning program like Crest. *of course this is my opinion

The youth programs play a big role in getting kids out and wanting to continue those traditions. People don't realize how far Kings Mountain was behind for years until the KM Elite came and provided an opportunity for more players regardless of size and money. KMO helped some but alot of KM players never stepped on a football field until they were in 7th grade,having them years behind the other county schools.

Agree with a lot of that above 01...... The youth programs in this county have done some great things over the years preparing these kids for middle and or high school.... Personally witnessed actual TEACHING of the kids in youth instead of "hey lets hand it to the fastest kid and tell them get to the outside" Now granted there were still a bunch that taught like that but I liked to focus on the ones that taught them the right way..... You absolutely see the translation on the field the older they get.....and I like to think that the youth programs here and good dudes like Sausage and the like did it the right way......

BTW Rulz.... Hush your mouth with roody poo rings... LOL Yeah I laughed though ha ha

I do understand they're the smallest school in CC and I do know the district lines have been drawn for decades that way......by Shelby-controlled groups.
I love that "we have an old population" argument. Shelby pulls strings and arranges "stuff" in football circles like Cherryville Legion baseball does in the baseball world.

Yeah just imagine how good we would be if all those students bussed by Shelby to go to Crest actually came to Shelby...

How you gonna talk smack when Recruiting central High over in Boiling Spgings have kids coming from

Shelby
Gaffney
Gastonia
Kings Mountain
Rutherford County
Burns
AND most daddies end up with a job all the sudden....

Our numbers are low cause yalls coaches keep their sticky fingers in the "Hey come here" pot.... Get outta town Champ lol

EDIT: but yeah Reidsville did lay a whoopin on us last year
lmao! Everybody knows but they pretending nobody knows. I keep getting told I "make stuff up" .... when it's known in all the AAU and youth circles. People get approached from age 10 to 17 constantly and it's always from a certain region.

Gaston County- The county where many of them hate Cleveland County football teams and do not allow Cleveland County teams to live stream games for fans that can’t make it to games because GC supposedly need every dime in gate revenue that is generated from the Cleveland County teams coming to town lol

Everytime I hear that logic I'm wondering how smart these "administrators" are.

There's tons of money in ad revenue, and it really doesn't hurt the gate.

One of the Shelby guys was complaining that Crest students ride a bus that drives right in front of Shelby high school to go to Crest. They also mentioned some Burns students living in Shelby limits but a Burns district.

lmao! Everybody knows but they pretending nobody knows. I keep getting told I "make stuff up" .... when it's known in all the AAU and youth circles. People get approached from age 10 to 17 constantly and it's always from a certain region.
Again you are completely unaware of what’s going on in your own county and with your own football program even more. Hilarious. Run back and talk to the breakfast club some more. If recruiting is so prevalent as “everyone” knows then tell me why it’s only GC being recruited? What about the other surrounding cities and counties? By your logic we should have York, Cherokee, and Gaston County kids on the roster because KM touches all three counties. Like I stated prior the four programs in GC that complain about kids leaving after MIDDLE school and their freshmen years of high school for destinations outside of GC are the main ones recruiting and raiding each other’s players. Make it make sense. You are also unaware that GC are losing athletes to other locations besides CC but cry some more about what parents are doing lol

Crest was 4a because the population across NC and all the new schools weren't built or at capacity. I'm not sure, but what has been Crest largest enrollment number? Guessing, maybe 1600-1800,dare to say possibility 2000,
I think Crest hit around 1400 or so in early 2000's and went back up to 4A for 2005-2009. Really big class of kids came in for 2000-01 school year.

Here are some fun facts from the 2023 football season:
Cleveland County 21 wins and 0 losses against Gaston County
Cleveland County points in matchups scored 1,060
Gaston County points scored 176
Cleveland County point avg vs Gaston County 50.4 - 8.3
Gaston County was shutout 9 times in the 21 game matchups
Gaston County was held below 7pts in 16 out of the 21 head to head matchups

Cleveland County (12-0) in the Big South Conference vs Gaston County 45.5pts to 8.9pts per game

It’s uglier than we could have imagined 😳

Cleveland County (12-0) in the Big South Conference vs Gaston County 45.5pts to 8.9pts per game

Wow , really ugly
Good grief.
Well done shutdown

With all the construction going on and what all is planned, gonna be tough to keep numbers down. They are building places now that you would of been told you were crazy if you said you were building there. Some houses going up around Ramblewood are nice. The apartment complex behind Shelby is a monster. Seattle St construction is moving along.

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES

Good grief. That’s good work but good grief. GC needs to get with it

To be honest, for the most part Gaston County football sucks. Out of the last 30 years, how times has GC had 2 or more really good football programs in the same year. Not many if any.
South Point has held up their end of the bargain. To my knowledge Shelby High School is the only school it the state that has a winning record against South Point with at least 4 games played. Clover High School also has a winning record verses South Point but that’s 5A vs 3A. Even at that most years South Point gave them all they wanted. I can’t wait till August. GO BIG RED !!!

Reactions: DeBoer31
Cleveland County doing more for a Gaston County thread than Gaston County.

King Yes GIF
That one dude is constantly 💩 on Cleveland County. Now, everyone knows why. He doesn’t have anything else to do. His own County needs a huge enema.

Last edited:
Gaston Co. sports have taken a paradigm shift over the last 15 years or so. The landscape of the Gastonia city schools has drastically changed and I do not see it recovering. All you have to do is look at the landscape of middle school sports within the county. Only a select few schools put worthy teams on the courts/fields in all sports aside of an occasional anomaly.

One of the Shelby guys was complaining that Crest students ride a bus that drives right in front of Shelby high school to go to Crest. They also mentioned some Burns students living in Shelby limits but a Burns district.
The Burns district runs way down 18 south below Ingles and even to me I think that is a little closer to Shelby than Burns. Our lines in this county look pretty wild.

Reactions: Chopper747
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT