ADVERTISEMENT

ER @ MA

MA vs R-Ville next week. I thought NR would have the speed and Size to challenge R-Ville, didnt happen . Will Mt Airy's Speed be the difference next week or will R-Ville's punishing long Drives be the Difference.. Sounds like a great matchup next week. Who you guys taking ???

Robbinsville by 14
Purple I like you, for the most part. Could you do us all a favor and wait until the warring factions start their own thread before inciting anything?
As I said today this thread has been relatively civil, until a few people started talking about that contest NEXT week.
Congratulations to my Mt Airy fellow posters. Sounded like it was a good game except for the ER turnovers. Good luck next week.

I can’t believe ER blew this game were definitely the better team without the turnovers
The better team won and forced the turnovers. Lets' be honest.😁 I will say that ER has a strong football team and they had a very good game plan that worked well in the first half. They surprised me in that first half. They should be proud of their game play. I am proud of my Bears and am ready to support them to victory next week over that Robbinsville team. Kidd, you did a very good job this past week of keeping everyone on this thread civil.😎

Last edited:
I think the ER team this year was better than last year. I couldn't understand the onsides kicks giving MA short field twice. It was a good game for 3 quarters. I predicted 21 point win but at halftime it looked like the Bears were in trouble. Third quarter ER looked flat and MA stepped up.

Just got back home from the game and warmed up some to type!!

Both teams belonged in this game that’s for sure… ER had the lead at half even with a TO at the goal line and got the ball to start the 2nd half… 2 straight possessions though ended in early fumbles which gave the Bears great field possession and 2 scores started to take the wind out of the ER sails and made it 28-21 MA(although the first score took them 8 plays to go maybe 25 yards and a crucial 4th down call).. Then another stop by MA D and Mason finally broke a long one to make it 35-21, on ensuing drive ER was driving again before the QB got hurt and the 4th turnover and quick TD by #4 sealed the deal!!

4,5,21 and 32 are ballers for MA and 15 handles the offense and the defense both as a coach on the field… 3, 6, 9, 10 and 51 are good players for ER as well and am excited to see big 51 wearing the Carolina Blue next year!!! One think I will say as a pet peeve of mine with a kid like Dowdy from MA is he stays in the same position no matter what on D and tonight he had a really tough matchup with Norwood and I would love to see him get moved around on D to let him exploit his skill in a situation like that.. Also hope that #3 for ER wasn’t seriously injured as he wasn’t putting any weight on his leg when he was helped off!!

Sorry I missed the tailgate but didn’t get to leave Lenoir as early as I had planned

ER QB makes this team more dangerous than last year's team. I thought they matched MA in team speed. Defense Flys to the ball and were great open field tacklers. Inside zone runs were effective for MA. Only beat them outside on a handful of plays. Another big halftime adjustment by MA defensive staff. But honestly, ER beat themselves with TOs. Hard hitting but cleanly played game by both squads!!!

That Ma defense came alive!! The defense forces those fumbles with big hits. The line backers were living in the backfield in the second half. Running back didn’t want the ball. ER controlled the line of scrimmage in the first half. Bears owned it in the second. Those defensive adjustments were huge. Defensive backs stepped up big in the second half as well. Lots of big hits on ER receivers. Say what you want to say, Bears showed heart, they were tested and make no mistake about they deff ain’t north Rowan. Great job ER. Fine looking ball team. Big turn out for the two heavyweights as it should be.

Just got back home from the game and warmed up some to type!!

Both teams belonged in this game that’s for sure… ER had the lead at half even with a TO at the goal line and got the ball to start the 2nd half… 2 straight possessions though ended in early fumbles which gave the Bears great field possession and 2 scores started to take the wind out of the ER sails and made it 28-21 MA(although the first score took them 8 plays to go maybe 25 yards and a crucial 4th down call).. Then another stop by MA D and Mason finally broke a long one to make it 35-21, on ensuing drive ER was driving again before the QB got hurt and the 4th turnover and quick TD by #4 sealed the deal!!

4,5,21 and 32 are ballers for MA and 15 handles the offense and the defense both as a coach on the field… 3, 6, 9, 10 and 51 are good players for ER as well and am excited to see big 51 wearing the Carolina Blue next year!!! One think I will say as a pet peeve of mine with a kid like Dowdy from MA is he stays in the same position no matter what on D and tonight he had a really tough matchup with Norwood and I would love to see him get moved around on D to let him exploit his skill in a situation like that.. Also hope that #3 for ER wasn’t seriously injured as he wasn’t putting any weight on his leg when he was helped off!!

Sorry I missed the tailgate but didn’t get to leave Lenoir as early as I had planned
Dandy usually moves from one side to the other during the game but tonight took on the head to head challenge of playing Norwood.

Dandy usually moves from one side to the other during the game but tonight took on the head to head challenge of playing Norwood.
Serious question, since I didn’t see it. How did they do against each other? I know Jani plays both ways. Does Dandy?

Serious question, since I didn’t see it. How did they do against each other? I know Jani plays both ways. Does Dandy?
Yes he does. Even had some good runs last night on offense. At end of game 51 and 3 were walking off field to locker room but coaches made them turn around and get in line. Hats off to the coaches for that.

Mount Airy was in much better shape. ER was noticeably tired in second half compared to first, IMO.
Yeah that’s why they fumbled twice inside their own thirty and once in first half inside Mt Airy twenty 🙄
Eastern Randolph lost yet again another well played, except for turnovers, game.
As I have said. Good luck to Bears.

Those two fumbles in the second half were the result of really big hits. That defense was looking to hit somebody out of the locker room . When I say hit somebody I mean they were nasty . Looking to make who ever touched the ball pay and that they did. Keeping the ER defense on the field for the majority of the third won the ball game. Them boys we’re Tuckered out

So they didn’t want to “hit somebody” in first half?
Not arguing really. Just, as I have said before, think fan’s perspectives are interesting.
Y’all’s teenagers won, again.
Go to them big trees and rinse and repeat.
Good luck

Reactions: Purple1995
You hate to blame coaching but ER did not come out excited to play second half. MA was just the opposite

Not really sure that it matters. And I'm sure buzz doesn't care about it. But here's my take. Eastern Randolph has great team speed. They do not have any guys that have the speed that five or four or three have for Mount Airy but I would say overall they may have just as good if not better then the bears. Couple of the touchdowns they scored or terribly blown missed assignments by the bears. But that is part of the game. The whole side of your line does not get washed down two men on counter. And it look like there were some miscommunication in the defensive backfield on the other one. That being said Eastern Randolph's two linebackers are super quick as well as their free safety. I do think in the second half the bears realized that somehow their signals were being stolen. This is what I heard. They tried a towel it looked like in the first half. But then they started running the plays in. And it was noticeable to anybody who was observing that Eastern Randolph was confused. Some people say shame on them, but you know what it's part of the game. I would say bears need to do a better job of hiding their signals. And actually look dangerous as heck huddling and running plays in and out. There was some big hitting going on. Towards the end of the game number 51 seem to get upset when the sophomore 22 ran him up field as he was trying to block him. But for the most part it looked like a well officiated game and the Eastern Randolph players were class acts as well as finally the Mount Airy kids. They seemed to hold their tongue as well. Mount airy's secondary and defensive lines looked much better in the second half. I believe they will have a stiff challenge with physicality of robbinsville. Who no matter how hard they try to sell you on it doesn't have nearly the speed of either one of these two teams. I'm imagining they out coached the heck out of North Rowan. And they may be able to do it again. Good luck to the bears and the knights.

I listened to the entire game and was very impressed with MA radio announcers they were very unbiased got just as excited when Er did something as when MA did you don’t see this often so you MA guys give a shoutout to your Granite Falls AM guys excellent job for those of us that were stuck Christmas shopping lol

I believe they will have a stiff challenge with physicality of robbinsville. Who no matter how hard they try to sell you on it doesn't have nearly the speed of either one of these two teams. I'm imagining they out coached the heck out of North Rowan.
North rowan did have a lot of speed but robbinsville still had the fastest payer on the field and showed it multiple times last night.

Reactions: roughtrader4444
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT