ADVERTISEMENT

Davie Football 2015

DC_PRIDE_2010

Aug 23, 2014
Not much talk about DC beside the boys transferring. I see that the schedule they got is finally competitive instead of 2a schools. Dudley will be a eye opener. I haven't heard much talk everything been on the dl this spring. Anybody got anything.

Oh yeah and I'm not a big fan of when davie and ND game got moved from last game of season. The rivalry big hype is gone.

Always was a good game, knew someone in orange and black was going to win. Who do you finish with now?

I kind of thought that conference scheduled weeks didn't change much, except maybe realignment year.

Can you post rest of schedule?

Not to hijak the thread... But ive heard there is some belief that Davie and Mooresville could end up in the same conference in next realignment. I would love that personally

Not to hijak the thread... But ive heard there is some belief that Davie and Mooresville could end up in the same conference in next realignment. I would love that personally

If that were to happen, then another Forsyth County school such as Glenn or East Forsyth would probably take their place. I just find it hard to believe Davie would ever leave the CPC.

With this new formula..(20 30 30 20) that means less 4A schools and more 3A schools. Right now we have three 4A conference in Triad area alone. From what I had been hearing and reading, next realignment takes over, it only leaves ONE 4A conference in Triad and that is going to be real tough conference! I think Page, East Forsyth, Grimsley, West Forsyth, Northwest Guilford, High Point Central, Glenn, RJR and Reagan . Davie will have long travel due to this formula.

North Mecklenburg
Hough
Davie
Hopewell
Vance
West Charlotte
Mooresville
Lake Norman

Now it is not written in stone and things will change before all the dust settle down for 2017 School year.

Davie will not be in with Charlotte schools. They will be aligned with Triad schools. Not too many years ago the CPC only had 5 schools, could go that away again with Davie in it.

I dont see NC making any 5 team conferences... I think theres a real chance Davie could be the odd man out in that formula. But there are other schools that will be on the boarder ADM wise that could change things too

Once again, unless Davie wants to play Charlotte schools and why would they give up fantastic gates, they will not play in a Charlotte school conference.

I mean they can always petition not to be in it, doesnt mean it will not happen.

I dont think theres a way possible to make a 7-9 team conference in that area in this format and not have someone left out. (At least looking to the west.) Its not unheard of for Davie to be in a conference with teams surrounding charlotte.

If it were to happen, heres what i think you might see

Davie
Mooresville
Lake Norman
Hough
N meck
Hopewell

Im not sold on the idea of Vance and Mallard Creek being in there. Theres a chance, ADM depending obviously, that Hickory Ridge and/or Cox Mill could be 4A and i think they both could be viable options to be in the conference as well.

Heres one way you could possibly alleviate the Davie Co situation- Mooresville travel for us (Mooresville) but i wouldnt mind being in this conference though:

Conference 1:

Mooresville
Lake Norman
Davie County
W Forsyth
RJ Reynolds
Reagan

Conference 2:

E Forsyth
Glenn
NW Guilford
Page
HPC
Grimsley

Conference 3

Mallard Creek
Vance
W Charlotte
Hough
Hopewell
N Meck
Hickory Ridge/Cox Mill (if either have 4A numbers)

Thoughts?

Heres one way you could possibly alleviate the Davie Co situation- Mooresville travel for us (Mooresville) but i wouldnt mind being in this conference though:

Conference 1:

Mooresville
Lake Norman
Davie County
W Forsyth
RJ Reynolds
Reagan

Conference 2:

E Forsyth
Glenn
NW Guilford
Page
HPC
Grimsley

Conference 3

Mallard Creek
Vance
W Charlotte
Hough
Hopewell
N Meck

Thoughts?

Looking at "conference 1" and "conference 2" what would you have Mount Tabor, Parkland and North Davidson do? Be in a three team conference?

Conference 1:

Mooresville
Lake Norman
Davie County
W Forsyth
RJ Reynolds
Reagan

Conference 2:

E Forsyth
Glenn
NW Guilford
Page
HPC
Grimsley

Conference 3

Mallard Creek
Vance
W Charlotte
Hough
Hopewell
N Meck

Thoughts?
Conference 1 is a dream for Mooresville and Lake Norman wanting to get away from Charlotte Schools. I know nothing, but no way Triad schools travel your direction.

Well if the NCHSAA is going to avoid a split conference, there may not be much of a choice in the matter. I think most likely you will see an unnecessary 3A/4A triad split conference.

I personally would rather be in the imeck- less travel for us, and stiff competition. But as you stated, i HATE playing the CMS schools: 1) i hate the 7pm start times 2) traffic is a nightmare 3) CMS crowd size (in general) is pathetic

Davie had a pretty solid receiver last year when got touches. Thought he was a junior. Does he have college potential and can he be a playmaker for Davie this season?

Cade Carney transferred to Davidson Day and there may have been other Davie players but I did not hear of a receiver. Cannot remember his name.

Reactions: MooresvilleDevil06
One receivers name is Cooper Wall he's a freshman and is still there very good athlete in general I think this is who yall are speaking bout.

It is not a freshman. Was probably a junior as I am sure was not a senior. Had some decent numbers a few games. Think he played some DB.

I can't figure who you'd be talking bout but Cooper was really the best Receiver we had last season. Maybe I'm forgetting another WR though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT