ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - another solid season

Very proud of the players and coaches for the year they've put together for Maiden

8-4 (5-2) T2nd in conference
--4 losses were to teams with a combined 46-6 record:
----12-1 4A Watauga (3rd round)
----9-3 2A West Lincoln (2nd round)
----13-1 2A Bunker Hill (4th round)
----12-1 2A Salisbury (3rd round)

Offense scored 350 points - 29 PPG (27th of 88 seasons)
--3,994 yards of offense (1944 rush/2050 pass)
--47 Touchdowns (27 rush/21 pass)
Defense allowed 300 points - 25 PPG (80th of 88 seasons)
--44 TFLs, 26 Sacks, 28 QB Hurries, 11 INT, 25 Pass Defl, 12 FF, 12 FR, 1 Punt Block

607-285-23 Overall Record (67.6% on 915 games)
58-46 Playoff Record (55.8% on 104 games)
48 years we've made the playoffs
28th consecutive year in the playoffs (since 1996)

Coach Will Byrne has finished his 8th season here (3rd longest at Maiden behind Tom Brown (35) and Bill Barefoot (9))
--Coached 96 games (2nd) with a record of 75-21 (78.1% best in program history - 75 wins is 2nd in program history)
--8th year in playoffs in 8 seasons with an 8-8 record (2nd)

Congrats fellas...hit the weight room hard. Looking forward to an even better year next year. Go BLUE!!

@BunkerHillBear 12 what is Reid's actual position with the school ?
Ever consider the noble field of education, AMD ? Hey! you could teach comportment and shape young minds by telling them things like "You have brains in your head-You have feet in your shoes-You can steer yourself any direction you choose."

When they get older they'll tell their grandchildren, "You know, I always heard he was a member of the Hells Angels, but he really made a difference in my life."

Ever consider the noble field of education, AMD ? Hey! you could teach comportment and shape young minds by telling them things like "You have brains in your head-You have feet in your shoes-You can steer yourself any direction you choose."

When they get older they'll tell their grandchildren, "You know, I always heard he was a member of the Hells Angels, but he really made a difference in my life."
I'd love to be a P.E. teacher 🤣

Olive Branch Art GIF

Im gonna be better here and grow a little 🤣🤣. @BunkerHillBear 12 here's an olive branch. Now I'm not gonna be nice or stop talking trash, that would be too soft 🤣. I'm still gonna dig and cut at y'all.and be an asshole. But let's just say it's not gonna be in hate or disgust. Let's be kinda like frenemy's. So let me offer you a handshake 🤝 with maybe a knife behind my back 🤣🤣. But In all seriousness 🤝. 🤣

Last edited:
I'd love to be a P.E. teacher 🤣
Tomorrow, go over to the college. Ask to speak with a counselor and if they require an appointment make an appointment. When you talk with them let them know you want to teach P.E. They will tell you the route to take. Let them know you're a family man who works. Then ask them if most of it can be taken online... DON'T say anything about hating anybody. For you, it won't be that difficult, even if it sounds like it.

If I had my life to live over, again, I would teach school.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Tomorrow, go over to the college. Ask to speak with a counselor and if they require an appointment make an appointment. When you talk with them let them know you want to teach P.E. They will tell you the route to take. Let them know you're a family man who works. Then ask them if most of it can be taken online... DON'T say anything about hating anybody. For you, it won't be that difficult, even if it sounds like it.

If I had my life to live over, again, I would teach school.
Closest I could get to being a professional athlete 🤣🤣 get paid to play sports all day 🤣🤣

Very proud of the players and coaches for the year they've put together for Maiden

8-4 (5-2) T2nd in conference
--4 losses were to teams with a combined 46-6 record:
----12-1 4A Watauga (3rd round)
----9-3 2A West Lincoln (2nd round)
----13-1 2A Bunker Hill (4th round)
----12-1 2A Salisbury (3rd round)

Offense scored 350 points - 29 PPG (27th of 88 seasons)
--3,994 yards of offense (1944 rush/2050 pass)
--47 Touchdowns (27 rush/21 pass)
Defense allowed 300 points - 25 PPG (80th of 88 seasons)
--44 TFLs, 26 Sacks, 28 QB Hurries, 11 INT, 25 Pass Defl, 12 FF, 12 FR, 1 Punt Block

607-285-23 Overall Record (67.6% on 915 games)
58-46 Playoff Record (55.8% on 104 games)
48 years we've made the playoffs
28th consecutive year in the playoffs (since 1996)

Coach Will Byrne has finished his 8th season here (3rd longest at Maiden behind Tom Brown (35) and Bill Barefoot (9))
--Coached 96 games (2nd) with a record of 75-21 (78.1% best in program history - 75 wins is 2nd in program history)
--8th year in playoffs in 8 seasons with an 8-8 record (2nd)

Congrats fellas...hit the weight room hard. Looking forward to an even better year next year. Go BLUE!!
They did have a good year after all the Sr they lost!!

Olive Branch Art GIF

Im gonna be better here and grow a little 🤣🤣. @BunkerHillBear 12 here's an olive branch. Now I'm not gonna be nice or stop talking trash, that would be too soft 🤣. I'm still gonna dig and cut at y'all.and be an asshole. But let's just say it's not gonna be in hate or disgust. Let's be kinda like frenemy's. So let me offer you a handshake 🤝 with maybe a knife behind my back 🤣🤣. But In all seriousness 🤝. 🤣
We can have a cease fire til August 😂

I'm sure we will make some quips at each other over the offseason. 🤣 Funny thing is don't know for sure but it's possible we have maybe walked past each other not knowing lol. I have seen some of his family by accident 🤣
Actually, you saw them by incident, wasn't no accident. He quarterbacked Bunker Hill. We both saw him by incident.

Why would it effect us from being in the CVAC. Haven't seen them lately but we aren't in jeopardy of dropping to a lower classification, are we ?

Why would it effect us from being in the CVAC. Haven't seen them lately but we aren't in jeopardy of dropping to a lower classification, are we ?
Depends on the break in the numbers. I can see y'all and West Lincoln being 3A while the rest of the cvac would be 4a and once again on how the numbers are broken up Fred t Ford could join the cvac in 4a replacing one of y'all

• Wow
Reactions: Lincolnton
I think high school OT insider did a breakdown of eight classifications but I'm not a subscriber so I can't read it

Depends on the break in the numbers. I can see y'all and West Lincoln being 3A while the rest of the cvac would be 4a and once again on how the numbers are broken up Fred t Ford could join the cvac in 4a replacing one of y'all
Which number are you anticipating the break being near? Land is being cleared off on the edge of Lincolnton that looks like it's the size of Maiden. Heard students were going to attend Lincolnton High School.

Dang all this talk of transfers out of this Maiden crowd its almost like yall are

Equate or Laura Lynn Crest......

Carry on :)
Lol lincolnton is the transfer kings 🤣 their best defensive player came from Newton Conover 🤣 and their left tackle went all labron James on Twitter and announced to the whole world he was taking his talents from Fred t Foard to lincolnton 🤣🤣🤣 @Lincolnton 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
Dang all this talk of transfers out of this Maiden crowd its almost like yall are

Equate or Laura Lynn Crest......

Carry on :)
We are just a tiny little town trying to keep our head above water that occasionally someone moves too. But that's not very often. We ain't got any of that fancy stuff like y'all Shelby and lincolnton people have

Hoping the new conf alignment takes us EB out of the CVAC conference. We don’t have the athletes to compete with some of the teams in this conference just look at secondary speed this year!!

Hoping the new conf alignment takes us EB out of the CVAC conference. We don’t have the athletes to compete with some of the teams in this conference just look at secondary speed this year!!
I doubt it y'all's adm numbers are to close to ours. Unless y'all get burke county to redraw school lines to even up all y'all's schools then u probably gonna be seeing maiden for a while 🤣🤣. Now if y'all could even up numbers y'all could try for a burke and Caldwell county conference lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT