ADVERTISEMENT

Cutler Adams

He got quite a few touches for a game like that and made good work with many of them.

The facemask the defender did on him on the long run was little ridiculous for that type of open field tackle.

The best player in 1A football this past year. Unbelievable talent. Sad that I didn't get to see him more to fully realize it. He's a high major player. I saw where he has ran the 100 meters in the 10's. That's crazy speed for someone his size. Freak athlete

Reactions: RealStihl
icegif-504.gif

The best player in 1A football this past year. Unbelievable talent. Sad that I didn't get to see him more to fully realize it. He's a high major player. I saw where he has ran the 100 meters in the 10's. That's crazy speed for someone his size. Freak athlete
Crazy what MA held him to rushing. Like 20 yards. He is a stud!

Reactions: NCBBFB
Crazy what MA held him to rushing. Like 20 yards. He is a stud!
Yeah I know. That in itself is just crazy. I didn't really watch him much before that game. Goes to show no matter how great one person is it takes a team to win. Great blocking really shows up when you're against a really good defensive team.

Anyone have any updates on his recruiting? Heard he had like 10 offers. ACC or SEC will probably pick him up after that performance at the Cowboys stadium. Then again App might have a chance. Very rare to see that kind of athlete in 1a football.

Anyone have any updates on his recruiting? Heard he had like 10 offers. ACC or SEC will probably pick him up after that performance at the Cowboys stadium. Then again App might have a chance. Very rare to see that kind of athlete in 1a football.
Mostly small school. Biggest offer I’ve seen is Yale.

That's unreal. It's unfortunate that some kids just don't get the same attention because of things out of their control. A couple of things come to mind
Yeah I find it hard to believe as well. The kid is the hardest worker I’ve ever seen. He will end up getting noticed by bigger schools sooner or later

Watching him and I have heard this from coaches that he doesn't cut and move like like a typical RB. I think his best position in College could be at WR. He is strong and can run like a deer! Has good hands.

Of course you and “coaches” see it that way…
I would love to see him go to Maryville College and play RB. He would start as a Freshman. The QB at Maryville Bryson Rollins was 44-1 in high school as a QB. In two years starting at Maryville he already has over 5,000 yards passing.

Watching him and I have heard this from coaches that he doesn't cut and move like like a typical RB. I think his best position in College could be at WR. He is strong and can run like a deer! Has good hands.
You have to have all the things you mentioned he does not have to be a receiver! They said the same thing about Shipley. Not comparing them by no means, but the kid is a RB and someone will be glad they got him!

Reactions: WickedStix9
Was one of the Robbinsville coaches I seen out eating breakfast next morning to be honest. Wasn't putting him down at all he just said he wasn't the typical cutter and slasher like MA rbs. He thought he would be good receiver next level or D. Even talked to your principal about him on field after game as he was getting pylons up in Gator he came over an talked with me. Very nice gentlemen.

You have to have all the things you mentioned he does not have to be a receiver! They said the same thing about Shipley. Not comparing them by no means, but the kid is a RB and someone will be glad they got him!
I think the kid is awesome and can do anything he wants on the field. He is a Beast wherever he plays! He is a downhill straight ahead pop you in the mouth runner that can take it to the house.

I think the kid is awesome and can do anything he wants on the field. He is a Beast wherever he plays! He is a downhill straight ahead pop you in the mouth runner that can take it to the house.
Yup. And he’s better than both of MA’s backs. Just gonna come out and say it since you want to stir the pot in the off-season it seems….. Just because you “praise” him after you’ve criticized him doesn’t make it go away. As BlackCat said, he is a running back. Whoever gets him is getting a work horse.

Honestly, I see him more as WR at the college level, just off body type and running style, and that is no disrespect to his abilities at all. Obviously, he would have to have good consistent hands. Playing at Robbinsville of course you play him at RB so he gets touches.

As for comparing him to MA's 2 backs, they both have different styles than Adams not necessarily that one back is remarkably better than the other of the three of them, IMO.

Reactions: mbdfan
Honestly, I see him more as WR at the college level, just off body type and running style, and that is no disrespect to his abilities at all. Obviously, he would have to have good consistent hands. Playing at Robbinsville of course you play him at RB so he gets touches.

As for comparing him to MA's 2 backs, they both have different styles than Adams not necessarily that one back is remarkably better than the other of the three of them, IMO.
I’m trying to get a rise out of buzz. He can’t say anything without being critical.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I’m trying to get a rise out of buzz. He can’t say anything without being critical.
Just bc you take it that way! If he was at MA he would been damn good WR. Why has he not got major offers from power 5 schools. MA kid going to VT and had several D1 power school offers. He had almost same yards rushing on half the carries. There that's stirring the pot. Cutler is damn good and a D1 player but I think at WR. Wish him nothing but the best. Take it how you want that's your opinion!

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Just bc you take it that way! If he was at MA he would been damn good WR. Why has he not got major offers from power 5 schools. MA kid going to VT and had several D1 power school offers. He had almost same yards rushing on half the carries. There that's stirring the pot. Cutler is damn good and a D1 player but I think at WR. Wish him nothing but the best. Take it how you want that's your opinion!
😂😂

I think everyone is making good points. He's a very physical back and he can definitely take it to the house. He gets in the open field no one is catching him. Very very tough player. If I had one player to take from 1A football it would be him. He's excellent on defense too. He's major D-1 on offense or defense imo. Whoever is fortunate enough to get him is getting one special player.

He’s a prototypical safety/OLB at the college level. If he can’t cut/move like a RB then he’s not gonna be able to get in and out of his breaks well enough to play WR effectively at the division 1 level.

Shipley is not the same type of runner. Shipley has a really good jab step and played in a spread system his whole life. I’m sure cutler has never been in a zone run system and he doesn’t know how to run in one. Mount airys RB though is the prototype for a zone back he’ll have a lot of success at VT pretty quick

He’s a prototypical safety/OLB at the college level. If he can’t cut/move like a RB then he’s not gonna be able to get in and out of his breaks well enough to play WR effectively at the division 1 level.
There you go. Was hoping that someone would say that. His ass coming downhill and killing people is what he should be doing. Next John lynch. He's a mean sob and should be roaming the middle of the field at safety.

I could definitely see him at those positions. His high motor, toughness and physicality leads me to believe that he would be best on defense. His speed is just the icing on the cake. His motor and the way he gets up after a play reminds me of Luke Kuechly.

Saw Adams in person a few times. Great young man. Exceptional all around player. Not an FBS running back. He is a LB with some added size or safety at a D2 or possibly FCS. Could play on offense at those levels but do not think that is his best projection.

Shipley is built different, not the same running styles. Shipley is very explosive and was a powerful high school back moving well in tight space and congestion. .

Congratulations! A awesome accomplishment. Why do I keep seeing he is WNC all time leading rusher though when he clearly isn’t?

Last edited:
I’m guessing he thinks Trey Robinson from when he played at Mountain Heritage. He had over 12,000 all purpose yards. Don’t know what his rushing total was. Found an article. He had over 8500 yards in his career

Wonder why his stats aren’t turned in to the NCHSAA? I assumed that’s who he was talking about, but couldn’t find. Maxpreps has all his stats.

Reactions: 828FBALL
Trey Robinson 1st 8500
Jager Gardner 2nd 6900
Cuttler Adams 3rd 6700

1. Trey Robinson, Mountain Heritage 8,532
  2. Jager Gardner, Owen 6,955
  3. Michael Anagram, E. Henderson 6,792
  4. Derrick Eddington, Erwin/Reynolds 6,657
  5. Manny Deshauteurs, Brevard 6,632 This is from 2017! Is Cutler even in the top 5! Are we missing something?

I think Cutler may be the SMC leading rusher. Might have got mixed up.

1. Trey Robinson, Mountain Heritage 8,532
  2. Jager Gardner, Owen 6,955
  3. Michael Anagram, E. Henderson 6,792
  4. Derrick Eddington, Erwin/Reynolds 6,657
  5. Manny Deshauteurs, Brevard 6,632 This is from 2017! Is Cutler even in the top 5! Are we missing something?
He posted that Adams is 3rd since the article was from 2017

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT