ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton football recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNL-4

Sep 16, 2022
Does anybody else see what’s going on at Clinton high school? They’re openly recruiting guys like this is division 1 college football. NEITHER of the D1 commits they have right now are Clinton kids. The South Carolina commit from a few years back? Not a Clinton kid either. REAL Clinton fans, Clinton people, are y’all really happy about this? Back in the day, Clinton used to win State Titles with home grown, Clinton kids. Now they recruit all over the state of North Carolina just to make the 3rd round of the state playoffs. Anything other than a title this year for Clinton is an absolute failure. To me, as a complete bystander, this sucks the fun and culture out of high school football. I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion on this.

Does anybody else see what’s going on at Clinton high school? They’re openly recruiting guys like this is division 1 college football. NEITHER of the D1 commits they have right now are Clinton kids. The South Carolina commit from a few years back? Not a Clinton kid either. REAL Clinton fans, Clinton people, are y’all really happy about this? Back in the day, Clinton used to win State Titles with home grown, Clinton kids. Now they recruit all over the state of North Carolina just to make the 3rd round of the state playoffs. Anything other than a title this year for Clinton is an absolute failure. To me, as a complete bystander, this sucks the fun and culture out of high school football. I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion on this.

Be careful Clinton fans are going to be upset, that the truth is out. Clinton can't win with homegrown talent anymore. The coach can't win the big game, so definitely won't win a title this year.......

Happens everywhere. Don’t think what’s going on at Clinton is any different than any other school, it’s just now it’s out in the open with social media etc. Not a Clinton fan other than their pedigree of past competition with Thomasville and respect of their program but I could care less what they are doing. It’s a different world now than back in the 80’s, 90’s and heck even early 00’s.

Happens everywhere. Don’t think what’s going on at Clinton is any different than any other school, it’s just now it’s out in the open with social media etc. Not a Clinton fan other than their pedigree of past competition with Thomasville and respect of their program but I could care less what they are doing. It’s a different world now than back in the 80’s, 90’s and heck even early 00’s.
Nah just trolls trolling talking nonsense. In the 90’s they started a rumor about how Clinton used illegal players said after the games on Friday nights they would leave the field and go clock in at the Lundys(Smithfield) plant this shit here is no different. It’s funny to me with all this so called “evidence” you think it would be a pretty easy and quick investigation…….oh wait……it’s nothing to investigate just a bunch of trolls on preps got they ass whipped by Clinton when they played or when they sons played and they can’t get over it. Seek help please.

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Seems like someone is triggered. Folks transfer all the time, just look at Wake and Mecklenburg Counties, for example. And I'm also sure Cumberland and Onslow Counties get their fair share of them too, with so many kids of military families being relocated to said counties. As far as recruiting, please, oh please provide ocular proof that it is happening at Clinton High.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Be careful Clinton fans are going to be upset, that the truth is out. Clinton can't win with homegrown talent anymore. The coach can't win the big game, so definitely won't win a title this year.......
Maybe you need to pay attention to the SWO program instead of ours. Just a thought.

I wonder how many kids from Fayetteville is on Clinton's team this season? I know a kid that was training with the coach they hired from Fayetteville, and he said that they had quite a few leaving Fayetteville and heading to Clinton.

Reactions: FNL-4
I wonder how many kids from Fayetteville is on Clinton's team this season? I know a kid that was training with the coach they hired from Fayetteville, and he said that they had quite a few leaving Fayetteville and heading to Clinton.
Your "source" is incorrect, sir. How many kids from Clinton has played at James Kenan over the years? The proverb "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" comes to mind.

This my last response to this idiotic thread…..I do find it funny not a single person up here gave a damn last summer when it was posted that we had a transfer from Overhills and from Hobbton. Didn’t see a single thread about “Clinton recruiting” those kids earned offers and finally committed now we got these stupid post popping up. Just cut it. Like it was mentioned before kid’s transfer all the time for whatever reason. I’m willing to bet money it’s not a single school and this area that hasn’t had a kid transfer from a different school in the last 4 years. Keep living in that glass house……….and the comment about Clinton not producing homegrown talent lol we had 3 kids on the team last season not originally from Clinton saying that is disrespectful to the other 38 kids we had out there and just shows you don’t understand the concept of team or football in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
no; this greatly exaggerated

It’s my understanding that the only position that is being recruited is for an assistant water boy. The current water boy was offered a six figure NIL deal with Dasani and now he doesn’t want to do his job.

I wonder how many kids from Fayetteville is on Clinton's team this season? I know a kid that was training with the coach they hired from Fayetteville, and he said that they had quite a few leaving Fayetteville and heading to Clinton
no; this greatly exaggerated
Nope, this actually isn’t exaggerated at all. When the coach brought the 4 star linebacker from Scotland county, that was what it was not a huge deal that’s where he was coaching. But at this point it’s out of control IMO. Clinton has an AAU football program solely to recruit kids, that’s all it’s about. They had a “combine” last year to talk to other schools kids. Nobody in that area respects Johnson not even an ounce. I don’t see the other elite programs in that area doing any of this. Mott ain’t doing it. Battle ain’t doing it. The truth will come out eventually.

Im not here to accuse anyone of anything. All I will say is recruiting (If it is going on or not) doesnt mean a hill of beans if at the end of the day you are bowing out in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Again, its not about Jimmy and Joes, its about Xs and Os.

Social media is great, catchy phrases, slogans and cool T shirts are too. At the end of the day, its about winning and I think that is where this edition of Clinton football falls a little short compared to past years. Coach Lewis is a tough act to follow.

If I were on the Clinton staff, I would look for some defensive players that might could stop the Wing-T. Seems that has been there Achilles the last couple of years.

This my last response to this idiotic thread…..I do find it funny not a single person up here gave a damn last summer when it was posted that we had a transfer from Overhills and from Hobbton. Didn’t see a single thread about “Clinton recruiting” those kids earned offers and finally committed now we got these stupid post popping up. Just cut it. Like it was mentioned before kid’s transfer all the time for whatever reason. I’m willing to bet money it’s not a single school and this area that hasn’t had a kid transfer from a different school in the last 4 years. Keep living in that glass house……….and the comment about Clinton not producing homegrown talent lol we had 3 kids on the team last season not originally from Clinton saying that is disrespectful to the other 38 kids we had out there and just shows you don’t understand the concept of team or football in general.
That’s because since last offseason it’s truly become evident what is happening. Gave y’all the benefit of the doubt, maybe it’s just a “coincidence” that division 1 football players are transferring to Clinton. But after what has happened this offseason, it’s pretty clear they ain’t showing up on their own. If you believe they are, you ain’t seeing straight

Give me either of those coaches all day long. Of course WRH did get a couple of transfers from SWO recently. I never really hear anything about ED or JK getting transfers.

Clinton is the only program that I have seen that does actively promote a transfer on social media. Pics with the coach, wearing the school attire and flexing muscles. Also making no qualms about using "Clinton U" all the time.

I wouldnt do it as it gives off a bad vibe and is not a good luck in this day and time but whatever. I still say for all the pomp and circumstance and attention that program gets on here they have not done much recently outside of a few conference championships and the lone regional final appearance. Sure a lot of people would be happy with that but they also dont draw all this attention to themselves.

What is the current head coaches record against ED or WRH?

Im not here to accuse anyone of anything. All I will say is recruiting (If it is going on or not) doesnt mean a hill of beans if at the end of the day you are bowing out in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Again, its not about Jimmy and Joes, its about Xs and Os.

Social media is great, catchy phrases, slogans and cool T shirts are too. At the end of the day, its about winning and I think that is where this edition of Clinton football falls a little short compared to past years. Coach Lewis is a tough act to follow.

If I were on the Clinton staff, I would look for some defensive players that might could stop the Wing-T. Seems that has been there Achilles the last couple of years
I agree with this to a degree. Clinton has had a tough time hanging with Wallace rose hill and ED schematically and that’s no surprise, those 2 football teams are coached up much better than Clinton. That’s a fact. But eventually talent is going to overtake that, it’s just how it is. Clinton wouldn’t even be in these games in the first place if it wasn’t for the kids they’ve brought in. I’m not trying to make Clinton fans upset, I just think it ruins the community aspect of high school football, that’s all. And I’m not talking about military communities or kids who legitimately move.

That’s because since last offseason it’s truly become evident what is happening. Gave y’all the benefit of the doubt, maybe it’s just a “coincidence” that division 1 football players are transferring to Clinton. But after what has happened this offseason, it’s pretty clear they ain’t showing up on their own. If you believe they are, you ain’t seeing straight

Give me either of those coaches all day long. Of course WRH did get a couple of transfers from SWO recently. I never really hear anything about ED or JK getting transfers.

Clinton is the only program that I have seen that does actively promote a transfer on social media. Pics with the coach, wearing the school attire and flexing muscles. Also making no qualms about using "Clinton U" all the time.

I wouldnt do it as it gives off a bad vibe and is not a good luck in this day and time but whatever. I still say for all the pomp and circumstance and attention that program gets on here they have not done much recently outside of a few conference championships and the lone regional final appearance. Sure a lot of people would be happy with that but they also dont draw all this attention to themselves.

What is the current head coaches record against ED or WRH?
Lol im guessing you’re an older guy not really in touch with social media kids doing instagram photo shoots posing in uniforms is pretty standard now. Lol I guess that means he was recruited ok great evidence.

Johnson’s record against WRH is 3-1 2-3 against ED lol yeah looks like Duplin County has dominated us lol.

Y’all folks spend more time trying to bash us then talking about your own teams. Obsessed….Man look I can put in a good word get y’all some hats or t-shirts if you want.

Lol coincidence ok bud well here’s what I suggest take all your “evidence” go present it to the NCHSAA and the Clinton City Schools Board of Education. From the way y’all talk this should be an open and shut case. I look forward to seeing the results.

Yeah your whole reasoning got blown up. I would guess majority of y’all didn’t know who Josiah McLaurin or Amaris Williams was last year when they came to Clinton. I know I didn’t know Amaris I had only heard of Josiah mostly because his dad was a really good basketball player. Nobody cared last year nobody said anything about the kid from Missouri did we “recruit” him I guess if he explodes all a sudden and becomes D1 you will come up with a story since that fits your narrative you trying so hard to push.

And as far as Johnson goes the guy is only 31 years old. In his first heading coach job. How many of these coaches have it figured out within the first 5-6 years on the first job. I say he’s done pretty damn well especially with the pressure that comes with the job. 46-11 with a couple conference championships majority of those in what many still believe is one of the toughest not the toughest football climate in the East, 10-4 against the DC3 as y’all like to call it funny no one says shit about that nickname but use Clinton U and all hell all the old men are mad now.

I have not always agreed with every single thing the coach does but he has done well. And most importantly the kids love him and he is only going to get better.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 87SwO
this come out of left field, I have no clue what the big deal is but it's entertaining

dahliabunni-popcorn.gif

this come out of left field, I have no clue what the big deal is but it's entertaining

dahliabunni-popcorn.gif
Absolutely hilarious. I’m curious at why this “Recruiting” advocate doesn’t visit any of Reidsville post. They are boasting about all the transfers they got coming in and these pundits are silent. (Disclaimer not throwing any shade at Reidsville I’m sure all your transfers are legit just pointing out some of these fine folks clear obsession with Clinton)

Reactions: Chopper747
Absolutely hilarious. I’m curious at why this “Recruiting” advocate doesn’t visit any of Reidsville post. They are boasting about all the transfers they got coming in and these pundits are silent. (Disclaimer not throwing any shade at Reidsville I’m sure all your transfers are legit just pointing out some of these fine folks clear obsession with Clinton)

They are legit transfer moves. I don't know why we are being crabs in a barrell with transfers in 2a. 3a and 4a gets tons of transfers and no one cares.

Your "source" is incorrect, sir. How many kids from Clinton has played at James Kenan over the years? The proverb "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" comes to mind.
My source is 💯 correct because he was one of the kids training with him. And it's normal for a kid to move and switch schools due to parenting or whatever ever, but it's not normal for 3 or 4 at once, especially to the same school. You don't think that something is wrong with that picture?

They are legit transfer moves. I don't know why we are being crabs in a barrell with transfers in 2a. 3a and 4a gets tons of transfers and no one cares.
At this point complaining about any of it is annoying because it’s the new normal. Some people just can’t get with the times or are on the losing end of it but everyone does it now.

Again, I am not accusing anyone of anything. This is the new norm now and maybe I am just too old school. I still wish the ACC had only 8 members and there was no such thing as NIL or current transfer portals but thats not going to change.

My opinion is that it is a bad look to post pictures on social media of a transfer from another school posing with their new head coach. It gives off a recruiting type vibe much like what you see when recruits commit to a university. Also, Clinton High is not a "U" and to insinuate it as such is again in my opinion is bad optics. I understand Reidsville has some transfers this year. Did their new coach go on social media announcing their arrivals and pose? Maybe he did? I am not certain.

One thing is for sure, with all this D1 talent on a 2A team from wherever they came from or how they got there, one would certainly expect a banner season.

The Horseshoe Clinton uses as a logo kinda looks like a certain letter in the alphabet…..let’s not overthink things here. And Jimmy Teague like Bob Lewis and other older coaches don’t believe are that active on social media so I wouldnt expect the coach to be posing for instagram and Snapchat.

Yeah I see y’all got the narrative fired up and ready to go. If we win this season it will be because of the D1 talent we “recruited” if we lose we had all that talent and CJ still couldn’t win the big games. So either way we in an endless cycle of hate.

It takes more than 2 players to win a championship. Football is the ultimate team sport everyone has a job to do and if you win it’s because you had a great team not just a couple of individuals. And it takes everyone doing their job to win a championship. From the star d linemen or running back to the 3rd string kid playing special teams covering kickoffs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
The Horseshoe Clinton uses as a logo kinda looks like a certain letter in the alphabet…..let’s not overthink things here. And Jimmy Teague like Bob Lewis and other older coaches don’t believe are that active on social media so I would expect the coach to be posing for instagram and Snapchat.

Yeah I see y’all got the narrative fired up and ready to go. If we win this season it will be because of the D1 talent we “recruited” if we lose we had all that talent and CJ still couldn’t win the big games. So either way we in an endless cycle of hate.

It takes more than 2 players to win a championship. Football is the ultimate team sport everyone has a job to do and if you win it’s because you had a great team not just a couple of individuals. And it takes everyone doing their job to win a championship. From the star d linemen or running back to the 3rd string kid playing special teams covering kickoffs.

They act like div one players don't exist in 2a lol.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
One Twitter account associated with Clinton promotes and boosts tweets for players in the area that have never put on a Clinton uniform. Players that never will put on a Clinton uniform.

Clinton U is about the equivalent of Football Capital, just a self given nickname.

One Twitter account associated with Clinton promotes and boosts tweets for players in the area that have never put on a Clinton uniform. Players that never will put on a Clinton uniform.

Clinton U is about the equivalent of Football Capital, just a self given nickname.
You making too much sense right now. Thank you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT