ADVERTISEMENT

Cherryville at Eastern Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Just getting it started early. Wishing Ironmen fans, players, and coaches a safe trip up and back. ER gym should be packed and ready to go on the home side. These sorts of circumstances don't come around very often.

Oh........and the game starts at 6:00. Girls game against South Davidson will follow.......

Last night's game was pretty straightforward.

ER came out of the gate and cranked the defensive pressure up to 11. Needless to say, Cherryville didn't have any earplugs.

Ironmen had a world of trouble against that full court pressure. ER was able to get a bunch of easy buckets off turnovers and raced out to a big lead. Devonte Brooks and Nicah Taylor had quite a few of those buckets.

In the second half, Cherryville's lack of size caught up to them. ER kept feeding Julian Brooks and Jani Norwood in the paint and they kept eating. Brooks might have had the best game he's had all year. Ironmen had no answer whatsoever for those two.

I would give props to some of the Cherryville players but the numbers on MaxPreps don't match the number of the uniforms they were wearing. I do know that they had a couple of quick, scrappy guards that rebounded fairly well. They also had a guy (#0) who could really stroke it. I wasn't thrilled at the number of offensive rebounds that C'ville grabbed.

I will say that the Ironman had the best-dressed coach I've seen all year. Looked like he had on something out of the Rick Pitino collection. He was too classy for Ramseur, that's for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT