ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman at Eastern Randolph (girls)

Last night's game was a tale of two halves (for both teams).

First half was absolutely excellent. Both squads going toe-to-toe. Rosman was game. They were knocking down threes and playing great defense. Tigers caught the ER defense napping a few times and were killing them on the glass.

Fortunately for the Cats, they have Brecken Snotherly at their disposal. Snotherly single-handedly kept ER afloat that first half. She knocked down a few threes and made some good drives. At the break, it was 27-24 Rosman.

ER came out of the locker room and just owned the second half. First thing they did was tweak their zone defense. This helped them get out on the shooters quicker. Second thing ER did was that they rebounded 20x better than they did the first half. It seemed like ER got every loose ball rebound there was to get.

Snotherly and Kenly Whitaker carried the Cats that half. Whitaker hit at least a couple of huge threes. Snotherly went coast-to-coast a few times and was able to get to the free throw line frequently. Snotherly's ball-handling down the stretch was also a big factor.

Rosman had their looks in the second half. However, they were colder than a polar bear's toenails from the floor. Final was 53-40.

Despite the loss, I was really impressed with Rosman's Alissa Cheek. She's quick and plays some really excellent defense. She probably guarded Snotherly the best of anyone I've seen all year. I'm really surprised she didn't look for her offense a little more. She can definitely get to where she wants to go fairly easily.

I also enjoyed watching Lexi Powell and Reagan Chapman. Powell was hurting ER from beyond the arc that first half. Chapman was looking like Jason Kidd the way she was dropping dimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT