ADVERTISEMENT

Avery County at Eastern Randolph (boys)

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Gettin it started a little early. Wishing Avery crew a safe trip up and back.

I kinda hate we're playing Avery because I'm going to be thinking about disc golf the entire time. One of my favorite courses in the state of North Carolina is right up the road from Avery High.

Reactions: thekidd12
This game followed the same script as the one Tuesday night.

ER jumped out to a good-sized lead, kept applying pressure, and wore Avery down. Pierce Leonard had a monster game. Not one Viking was able to stay in front of him. They couldn't stay in front of Timmy Brower either. Brower's really been showing off the handles lately. He darn near broke a few ankles last night.

Avery's got a good team. They just aren't built to handle a team like ER. ER's pressure was really starting to get to them second quarter. Heck, some Vikings looked like they were gassed midway through the first quarter. Avery also lacked a really good, dependable shooter. They did have some pretty good size which helped them fare a little better than Cherryville.

Avery guard Landon Ingham was fairly fun to watch.

Avery made a mini-run at the end. They did keep it close until midway through the second quarter. Avery played some smart basketball. They just got "out-conditioned".
Can we buy tickets for today's game at the gym or do we have to buy online somewhere?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT