ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic vs Jacksonville

Easy come on now! Have done nothing but give respect to Havelock and what they have accomplished. This year was just not your year.

Ehh I agree with a lot of stuff u say but I still believe havelock was a better team I’d say it just wasn’t their night not taking anything from Jacksonville because I do believe they had the team this year to beat anyone but I’m not willing to say y’all had a better team just a better night that’s night because outside of your main 3 players y’all really didn’t have play makers havelock legit had 4-5 guys on offense that could be a quick score on any play that’s why I’m saying that but see you guys Next year I’m sure we will havelock jv and Jacksonville jv was both good our only loss came to the bulldogs on a comeback win and y’all only lost came to us but yeah

Reactions: 1SWO1
Here is what’s a fact. Some of y’all don’t like what I have to say or don’t agree with me. However your must say that in most cases I have been right. In the next few years you had better get used of Jacksonville being in the Eastern Final or playing for the ship. They will get one or two. Call me crazy or whatever you want. I told y’all right after the 0-11 season Jacksonville will be beating the likes of SWO, Northside it won’t even be a game in a couple years! Y’all swore I was crazy. I told y’all Jacksonville will be a perennial playoff team. Your out of your mind. Jacksonville will be the only team in the east who could match up with Havelock.. your definitely crazy. Jacksonville will get over the Havelock hump and win. Your insane! Mark my words within the next couple of years Jacksonville will win a state title as long as Beau Williams stays there.

LoL just like you played in the league and in the hall of fame. Get the hell outta here JHS will never will a state title. Cinderella run is over for good. Williams will leave and you will go back Into witness protection clown of the year

LoL just like you played in the league and in the hall of fame. Get the hell outta here JHS will never will a state title. Cinderella run is over for good. Williams will leave and you will go back Into witness protection clown of the year
Lmao!! Here she comes!! Lmao! It’s awesome to let you come and make the complete ass out of yourself from how you always do! Yeah that was a curve stomping alright. CC by 24? Find the post where I ever said about being in the Hall of Fame. Again find that post and post it so everyone can see We will wait! I knew you come and show your ass at sometime! Now until next year! Opening game at the pony stables. Be sure that you and the boys as you like to say be ready for that annual asskicking we give SWO! Lmao your a complete joke! The beauty is you can’t take away from the great game that two great teams played today. So go one with your useless rants.

So I assume you know something else that we don’t?

Ehh I agree with a lot of stuff u say but I still believe havelock was a better team I’d say it just wasn’t their night not taking anything from Jacksonville because I do believe they had the team this year to beat anyone but I’m not willing to say y’all had a better team just a better night that’s night because outside of your main 3 players y’all really didn’t have play makers havelock legit had 4-5 guys on offense that could be a quick score on any play that’s why I’m saying that but see you guys Next year I’m sure we will havelock jv and Jacksonville jv was both good our only loss came to the bulldogs on a comeback win and y’all only lost came to us but yeah

Im curious if some of you guys post this stuff and then go back and read it and think....man that sure was stupid.

The Jville guys I get. Just off a tough loss that they thought they had won. Had their pound on the chest posts all loaded and ready. It takes a day or so to come back to reality.

Havelock?? Really?? We were the better team and would have beaten Cstholic?? You guys gave up 40+ points to a team that couldnt throw a forward pass and somehow an injury to a RB is what kept you from a state title?? What planet are you on.

We will always own SWO!! Don’t forget it and don’t question it just embrace it!! You will live a much happier life.

Havelock is a better team than Jacksonville it’s funny when havelock is the one having mental errors and fumbling the ball back to back it’s the other team doing it but when havelock causes turn overs it’s always “ they did this and did that I mean I understand havelock been on top of the conference for what like 5-6 years straight ? Lmao
So Jacksonville having 5 turnovers and still only being down 7 in the regular season and the 6 turnover sealing the game for Havelock not the same with Havelock making there errors and losing in the playoffs from being up 21 ?

Watching this game from a unbias seat no rooting interest.I come away thinking the better team did not win this game the muddy aweful field saved Charlotte Catholic .Jacksonville was dominate in first half and had more overall team speed Catholic just stayed patient and pulled the game out that's what good teams do.now this is just my opinion no use to start the name calling ..

I thought going in the field conditions would be more of. an issue for Jacksonville. Once you got outside the hashes the field conditions were not much of an issue. Catholic did not utilize their misdirection. I was told they went away from that scheme, a big part of the offense, due to the conditions in the middle of field.

Looks to me like the SOS is a self fulfilling prophecy. Basically, teams in the West are rated better than teams in the east overall. They all play each other and are all considered to be highly ranked teams because they play and therefore, beat, each other. Terry Sanford had the #3 SOS, but went down to Havelock in the playoffs, who had a SOS lower than JHS at #54

West 6-2 this weekend. Cant remember the last time the East won more than the West. Not just rated better....ARE better.

Probably my favorite " half time post"...40 yards of offense in 2nd half. All day long??? Not so much.

This my friends is why you never smack talk at the half, or at least wait until your team has a three touchdown lead with 3 seconds to go , then smack away...

Good recognition and call out there B and G....those are my favorite type posts ha ha

Probably my favorite " half time post"...40 yards of offense in 2nd half. All day long??? Not so much.

What would you expect me to say? I was at the game, and spent the past week hearing about the lock down defense of CC and how they would smother the Cards running game. We put up 170 yards on the ground in the first half. Would you call that a shutdown of our running game? Sorry, I expected more. Also heard how CC would run the ball down our throats and eat up the clock. Instead, CC had nothing on offense but the pass. JHS ate up the clock.

CC coach did a great job adjusting in the second half and the Cards became too predictable. The three penalties in the second half were all on third down plays, and all three would have been first downs. Instead, we went to third and long which is not the strength of JHS, since we aren't a passing team. Hard to pick up yards under those circumstances. CC had one penalty for an illegal shift the whole game for five yards. Give me a break.

Face it, the Cards punched the CC defense in the mouth in the first half and were running all over them. Second half drives were killed by a really bad throw for an interception and three drive killing penalties. You can thank the refs for those. I thought CC had a two really good defensive stands in the second half. I also watched the last drive by JHS, and our QB made really bad decisions. He could have passed in the flats twice to wide open RB's, and he chose to run it himself.

Bottom line, JHS played better than most here predicted and CC wasn't as dominant as most here said they would be. That combination is why we had such a close game.

Reactions: ncjeff
What would you expect me to say? I was at the game, and spent the past week hearing about the lock down defense of CC and how they would smother the Cards running game. We put up 170 yards on the ground in the first half. Would you call that a shutdown of our running game? Sorry, I expected more. Also heard how CC would run the ball down our throats and eat up the clock. Instead, CC had nothing on offense but the pass. JHS ate up the clock.

CC coach did a great job adjusting in the second half and the Cards became too predictable. The three penalties in the second half were all on third down plays, and all three would have been first downs. Instead, we went to third and long which is not the strength of JHS, since we aren't a passing team. Hard to pick up yards under those circumstances. CC had one penalty for an illegal shift the whole game for five yards. Give me a break.

Face it, the Cards punched the CC defense in the mouth in the first half and were running all over them. Second half drives were killed by a really bad throw for an interception and three drive killing penalties. You can thank the refs for those. I thought CC had a two really good defensive stands in the second half. I also watched the last drive by JHS, and our QB made really bad decisions. He could have passed in the flats twice to wide open RB's, and he chose to run it himself.

Bottom line, JHS played better than most here predicted and CC wasn't as dominant as most here said they would be. That combination is why we had such a close game.

I would expect you to say nothing at halftime. Just stupid. So the refs were bias?? LMAO. So weak

So....let me get this correct. 2018 Jacksonville Cardinal Theme

- We didnt get curb stomped
- We punched them in the face for one half
- The refs cost us the game

Will you guys hang those banners at the awards banquet or maybe give them out as individual trophies?? Maybe a huge sign at the entrance of Bobby Simpson Field!!

Just stop geez. You lost. Congrats to CC and stop using refs and turnovers as excuses. That what if and could have been shit is making JHS look even more dumb.. JHS Cinderella season is over and won't be back for awhile. Losing every player that did anything for JHS. Them 0-11 seasons coming soon LoL

Reactions: footsoldier
I would expect you to say nothing at halftime. Just stupid. So the refs were bias?? LMAO. So weak

Will you guys hang those banners at the awards banquet or maybe give them out as individual trophies?? Maybe a huge sign at the entrance of Bobby Simpson Field!!

These guys ae clueless as hell. They will hang a runners up banner LoL beacuse they have none. Refs as an excuses is so predictable out of their fan base. What a joke

Prior to the game I expected a 28-14 or 28-17 CC win. I thought one of CC’s weaknesses, if I can call it that, was their inability to competely put teams away in the title game. Had CC turned the ball over a couple of times I thought Jacksonville might have a chance. I would have never expected Jacksonville to lose the turnover battle, handily out rush CC and win the time of possession battle.

I was definitely wrong about how this game played out but I don’t think I was wrong about the need to have a passing game. You just can’t throw the ball 8 times and have 2 picks. It doesn’t have to be sophisticated but it needs to be effective.

It’s good to have the Cardinals back in business. They were certainly a thorn in NHHS’s side when I played.

Congrats to CC on the back to back titles. CatholicCougs14, you are a classy poster. Thumbs up.

Nah. But we weren't the ones predicting curbstompings and shutdowns, you were. We gave credit to CC, you gave none to JHS. You were wrong. Also, CC was nowhere near as good as advertised.

Nah. But we weren't the ones predicting curbstompings and shutdowns, you were. We gave credit to CC, you gave none to JHS. You were wrong. Also, CC was nowhere near as good as advertised.

What do you mean you gave CC credit, you posted less than 3 hours ago the refs were the reason they won? Your struggling....shut it down. Its embarassing.

Reactions: 1SWO1
Prior to the game I expected a 28-14 or 28-17 CC win. I thought one of CC’s weaknesses, if I can call it that, was their inability to competely put teams away in the title game. Had CC turned the ball over a couple of times I thought Jacksonville might have a chance. I would have never expected Jacksonville to lose the turnover battle, handily out rush CC and win the time of possession battle.

I was definitely wrong about how this game played out but I don’t think I was wrong about the need to have a passing game. You just can’t throw the ball 8 times and have 2 picks. It doesn’t have to be sophisticated but it needs to be effective.

It’s good to have the Cardinals back in business. They were certainly a thorn in NHHS’s side when I played.

Congrats to CC on the back to back titles. CatholicCougs14, you are a classy poster. Thumbs up.

The pasing game has been a thorn in the side of the Cards on offense and defense this year. Stopping long passes especially. I thought Jacksonville could run the ball and control the clock. I had a feeling it would be a low scoring game. In a game this close, turnovers and penalties were the difference. CC did turn up their defense, but it was really their ability to shift gears from the run to a passing game that ultimately won the game with that fourth quarter TD. Jacksonville couldn't do that, although I wish they'd have at least tried.

I get it UNCW. You work long and hard to get the running game tuned. Then you ask your OLine to switch gears and pass block effectively. For a team like Jacksonville that prides itself on running the ball, I think any passing installation should be simplified while trying to maximize effectiveness. I didn’t see the game so I don’t know if they ran any rpo’s or if they attempted passes with standard drops. Based on some of the posts it appears they had a few rpo’s.

It's a big difference when yall are a 4a school, u have the big d lineman to play with that o line. They drop 2 classifications by cutting enrollment numbers of non players and still have a o line avg 260 when we are a consistent small 3a school with just local talent and small lineman... yeah odds kinda against small public schools lol
I am going to address this because it is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. In 2011-12 a new Catholic HS opened up in Huntersville, NC in northern Mecklenburg County.
There is a K-8 school in Huntersville (St. Marks) I went there, they'd send about 50-65 kids per grade to CC.
When Christ the King opened, it took all those kids away. If you take our 2011-12 enrollment, subtract 65 kids per grade you end up right around where we are as of now.
CTK's enrollment is about 300, our ADMs have dropped about 300 since the opening of CTK. Before you say, oh the diocese opened it to keep Catholic in 3A, do you honestly think a diocese would spend millions and millions of dollars to build a brand new, state of the art high school just to benefit Catholic?
That is the reason for CC's drop in enrollment over the last 5 or so years.
Just to also note, in 2015 we won the 4A title with 3A enrollment.

I am going to address this because it is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. In 2011-12 a new Catholic HS opened up in Huntersville, NC in northern Mecklenburg County.
There is a K-8 school in Huntersville (St. Marks) I went there, they'd send about 50-65 kids per grade to CC.
When Christ the King opened, it took all those kids away. If you take our 2011-12 enrollment, subtract 65 kids per grade you end up right around where we are as of now.
CTK's enrollment is about 300, our ADMs have dropped about 300 since the opening of CTK. Before you say, oh the diocese opened it to keep Catholic in 3A, do you honestly think a diocese would spend millions and millions of dollars to build a brand new, state of the art high school just to benefit Catholic?
That is the reason for CC's drop in enrollment over the last 5 or so years.
Just to also note, in 2015 we won the 4A title with 3A enrollment.
Well thank u for clarifying that for me, not being funny at all but we hear crazy stories here on the East just as yall hear crazy stories of us flying kids into our military base for football lol. I figure if yall could get who you wanted u would probably have the athletes MC has, but yall are just a well oiled machine... But, u have and can be beat lol, and we (Havelock) will see u again next yr lol

Just stop geez. You lost. Congrats to CC and stop using refs and turnovers as excuses. That what if and could have been shit is making JHS look even more dumb.. JHS Cinderella season is over and won't be back for awhile. Losing every player that did anything for JHS. Them 0-11 seasons coming soon LoL
Anybody who would say Jacksonville will have a losing record is either A not familiar with Jacksonville or B is incompetent and it trolling. The JV has lost 2 games in 3 years and the middle school hasn’t lost a game in I don’t know how long 7 years ? I’m willing to bet they won’t lose your beloved stallions and there’s not a running back from maple hill coming to save the season next year so good luck. What was your excuse when SWO lost or did you just stop commenting on the 2a boards all together ?

- We didn't get curb stomped

This is the post of the week!

Here is little different perspective.

Jacksonville had a lot of the cards ( no pun intended) to establish an upset.

They have an unorthodox blocking schemes and because they don't pass that much it negates one of CC main strengths where the two DE are pass rushing machines.

They played well on defense and made plays. Much credit to them for that

I am not sure what all the bitching about the refs were as they were getting the benefit of the doubt on illegal blocks on all of the wide running plays. Blocking in the back could have been called so many times.

Catholic shot themselves in the foot in the red zone twice

I think the slow muddy track was an advantage for them as CC' defense could not pin their ears back

However, when push came to shove.. CC really dominated the 2nd half and shut them down.

A win is a win.. and since they also beat the 3AA champs as well as demonstrated that WHAM and Mountie ( the rednecks, redneck) are completely impotent.... then I guess we can say it was a successful year.

For WHAM and Mountie the definition of impotent for you is impuissant.

Last edited:
Anybody who would say Jacksonville will have a losing record is either A not familiar with Jacksonville or B is incompetent and it trolling. The JV has lost 2 games in 3 years and the middle school hasn’t lost a game in I don’t know how long 7 years ? I’m willing to bet they won’t lose your beloved stallions and there’s not a running back from maple hill coming to save the season next year so good luck. What was your excuse when SWO lost or did you just stop commenting on the 2a boards all together ?
Oh just wait! Glad they think we will fall off. Team just might be even better. Most of our kids got allot of playing time. QB coming up might be the best that we have had. Next years team will be a bigger version of this years. They said the same thing last year we would fall off because we lost so much. We will see. I don’t get why some try so hard to discredit this program. I mean they have been to a eastern final a third round and a state title game in the last 3 years yet some still try and not give respect where it’s do.

Reactions: JVille071
Hahahahahaha......so true. A flash in the pan that thinks it’s a firestorm. How many times I’ve seen these teams and their clown fans show up, like they’re a new superpower here to stay, I lost count of long ago. I guess Cards are due a win every 12 years over Havelock and 2018 was that year. Well done Jacksonville. Can’t wait to do it again in 2030 when “you’ll be back”.

Merry Christmas.

Hahahahahaha......so true. A flash in the pan that thinks it’s a firestorm. How many times I’ve seen these teams and their clown fans show up, like they’re a new superpower here to stay, I lost count of long ago. I guess Cards are due a win every 12 years over Havelock and 2018 was that year. Well done Jacksonville. Can’t wait to do it again in 2030 when “you’ll be back”.

Merry Christmas.

Yeah time frame sounds about right. The lost to Crest by alot back in the 90s, when teams in the east didn't know how to throw the ball. Now they half know how to throw and did well.

I saw the game and have no real dog in the fight but footsoldier is one of the most arrogant, delusional fans I have ever read on this message board. Congratulations to Catholic and Catholiccougs14. You are a class act and your team is so well coached. Some may agree or disagree but I have seen Charlotte Catholic several times in the finals and this was far from their most talented team. I am not sure Jacksonville was great but they were pretty equal. For Catholic to win this year with a less than stellar team is a tribute to their coaches. They are incredibly well-coached. Footsoldier is as obnoxious a fan as there is on this board and that says a lot. Be gracious in victory, especially when it could have gone either way.

Merry Christmas.
Lmao! You show how classless you are everyday.

Reactions: Sneed350Z
I saw the game and have no real dog in the fight but footsoldier is one of the most arrogant, delusional fans I have ever read on this message board. Congratulations to Catholic and Catholiccougs14. You are a class act and your team is so well coached. Some may agree or disagree but I have seen Charlotte Catholic several times in the finals and this was far from their most talented team. I am not sure Jacksonville was great but they were pretty equal. For Catholic to win this year with a less than stellar team is a tribute to their coaches. They are incredibly well-coached. Footsoldier is as obnoxious a fan as there is on this board and that says a lot. Be gracious in victory, especially when it could have gone either way.
I have to disagree on the less talented part. This is probably the most talented Catholic team I've been around. It doesn't have the explosive offense that it did a year ago, but the defense is better than 2017s.
The field conditions really prevented us from pulling our guards and having misdirection due to how long it was taking our guards to get outside on that awful field(Jax had to play on it too, not making excuses) so a portion of our offense was taken out.
Jacksonville was just a good football team who gave us a game, which I expected nothing less in a state title game.

This years offense was more similar to the 2015 offense. 2015 averaged 29 PPG, this CC team averaged I think 33, but both had lights out defenses.

Cougs14 maybe you are right. I thought going straight at Jacksonville is what was smartest. I think the misdirection would play to their speed. I think the wet field hurt you both but CC was much bigger and I thought Jville was a good bit faster.

I think I’m a dry field those 2 teams would split 10 games. I still think Havelock May have been the best team in the state this year having seen all 3 play. Ive seen CC teams who would absolutely kill anyone in the east. I don’t think this is one of those teams. The team speed was really average but again, that is a huge compliment to the coaching. They are always in position, fly to the ball and mix it up well in offense. The coaching I thought was fantastic. Hood’s team and some others I have thought were more talented. They are all state champs so congratulations. That’s all that matters.

I have to disagree on the less talented part. This is probably the most talented Catholic team I've been around. It doesn't have the explosive offense that it did a year ago, but the defense is better than 2017s.
The field conditions really prevented us from pulling our guards and having misdirection due to how long it was taking our guards to get outside on that awful field(Jax had to play on it too, not making excuses) so a portion of our offense was taken out.
Jacksonville was just a good football team who gave us a game, which I expected nothing less in a state title game.

I agree here. The one thing this team didnt have that other CC teams have had in the past is a home run hitter. Hood, Anderson, Howard were take it to the house kinda talent and this team didnt have that kind of speed and power in the backfield.

Thats said, Walton was the best QB I have seen at CC, they were very good at WR and the Oline was near the same level as I have seen in the past. They have had some real good defenses over the years but the size and athleticism on the DL was by far their best. Couple that with the typical CC type kid you have in the back end like Jacobs and I think this team was the best.

I also think this may have been their toughest schedule day one through the playoffs. Christian would have been a top 5 public school( People will laugh at that, they have no clue) Conf was very good and Huss, KM and Jville all very good teams in this run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT