ADVERTISEMENT

CAROLINA CONFERENCE 2016

Good to hear he has a chance to finish out his senior year on the field. Empty feeling not being able to finish what you put so much into.

Holy guacamole!

A three way tie for first

1A. Lakewood (3-1) after a demolition of the Princeton Defense the Leopards look for another easy win this week playing Hobbton
1B. North Duplin (3-1) plays bitter rivals Spring Creek in the first of two must win games for the Rebels
1C. Princeton (3-1)plays Rosewood this is a trap game Rosewood is better than the record shows
4. James Kenan (3-2) I think the game between JK and SC just ended (lots of incomplete passes on both sides) and they have a bye week, because not playing is always a good choice. The Tigers rest up and can easily make a trek to scout Lakewood in person Friday
5. Spring Creek (2-2) The Gators quick turn around to a rivalry game means they have to step up and play big this week
6. Rosewood (1-3) plays tough competition tough, if Rosewood can find a way to beat Princeton this week it could be the second time in as many years that this game has had a deciding factor in the conference championship.
7. Hobbton (0-5) Good luck Wildcats

Princeton and North Duplin both are in a rival spoiler game that will take their best effort to keep them in running for first. Both have shown they can play as the best team in conference or next to the worse team at times. As for North Duplin it's the matter of playing as a unit instead of individuals. Selflessness is their ticket this week and going deep in the playoffs.

Pretty sure our chances of winning the conference are over. However still a lot for the Tigers to look forward too!! Avent has the offense operating back at a high level and the guys have improved night and day from the beginning of the season to now. Looking forward to making noise in the playoffs and shocking some people. Will be enjoying the off week in the Dog Pound.

GO HORSES

Pretty sure our chances of winning the conference are over. However still a lot for the Tigers to look forward too!! Avent has the offense operating back at a high level and the guys have improved night and day from the beginning of the season to now. Looking forward to making noise in the playoffs and shocking some people. Will be enjoying the off week in the Dog Pound.

GO HORSES
A loyal county fan there. Lol I understand. I'm enjoying the tigers season this yr, and hope they come back to the pound for some more

Scenarios for each team who has not been mathematically eliminated to be conference champions:

Lakewood (3-1) has to win out (Hobbton (0-5), James Kenan (3-2)) also has to have North Duplin (3-1) lose one of their remaining games. Lakewood has the head-to-head over Princeton, so it doesn't matter what Princeton does in this scenario.

Princeton (3-1) has to win out (Rosewood (1-3), Spring Creek (2-2)) also has to have Lakewood (3-1) lose one of their remaining games. Princeton has the head-to-head over North Duplin, so it doesn't matter what North Duplin does in this scenario.

North Duplin (3-1) has to win out (Spring Creek (2-2), Rosewood (1-3)) also has to have Princeton lose one of their remaining games. North Duplin has the head-to-head over Lakewood, so it doesn't matter what Lakewood does in this scenario.

James Kenan (3-2) has to win out (Bye, Lakewood (3-1)) also has to have North Duplin (3-1) lose both remaining games (Spring Creek (2-2), Rosewood (1-3)) and Princeton to lose both remaining games (Rosewood (1-3), Spring Creek (2-2))

If James Kenan, Lakewood end up tied at (4-2) JK has the tie-break. If JK, North Duplin/Princeton end up tied (4-2) North Duplin/Princeton has the tie-break.

Spring Creek (2-2) by losing to Lakewood (3-1) and James Kenan (3-2) already Spring Creek could not win the conference. The Gators could however finish in second by winning out (North Duplin (3-1), Princeton (3-1)) and Lakewood losing to Hobbton (0-5) and James Kenan.

Rosewood (1-3) has been eliminated from winning the conference and at best could finish fourth if the Eagles win out (Princeton (3-1), North Duplin (3-1), and Princeton and North Duplin both losing to Spring Creek (2-2). By losing to Lakewood (3-1), James Kenan (3-2), and Spring Creek (2-2). the Eagles would be behind Lakewood (5-1/4-2/3-3*), James Kenan (4-2/3-3*), and Spring Creek (4-2*).

*Italicised records hypothetical, In this scenario the records in italics would be the end result for Rosewood to finish in fourth, instead of sixth/fifth.

Hobbton (0-5) can finish no higher than seventh place, even if they beat Lakewood (3-1), Hobbton has a bye week during the extra week of the season (11/11/16).

Good Luck to all teams, chaos would be fun.

Scenarios for each team who has not been mathematically eliminated to be conference champions:

Lakewood (3-1) has to win out (Hobbton (0-5), James Kenan (3-2)) also has to have North Duplin (3-1) lose one of their remaining games. Lakewood has the head-to-head over Princeton, so it doesn't matter what Princeton does in this scenario.

Princeton (3-1) has to win out (Rosewood (1-3), Spring Creek (2-2)) also has to have Lakewood (3-1) lose one of their remaining games. Princeton has the head-to-head over North Duplin, so it doesn't matter what North Duplin does in this scenario.

North Duplin (3-1) has to win out (Spring Creek (2-2), Rosewood (1-3)) also has to have Princeton lose one of their remaining games. North Duplin has the head-to-head over Lakewood, so it doesn't matter what Lakewood does in this scenario.

James Kenan (3-2) has to win out (Bye, Lakewood (3-1)) also has to have North Duplin (3-1) lose both remaining games (Spring Creek (2-2), Rosewood (1-3)) and Princeton to lose both remaining games (Rosewood (1-3), Spring Creek (2-2))

If James Kenan, Lakewood end up tied at (4-2) JK has the tie-break. If JK, North Duplin/Princeton end up tied (4-2) North Duplin/Princeton has the tie-break.

Spring Creek (2-2) by losing to Lakewood (3-1) and James Kenan (3-2) already Spring Creek could not win the conference. The Gators could however finish in second by winning out (North Duplin (3-1), Princeton (3-1)) and Lakewood losing to Hobbton (0-5) and James Kenan.

Rosewood (1-3) has been eliminated from winning the conference and at best could finish fourth if the Eagles win out (Princeton (3-1), North Duplin (3-1), and Princeton and North Duplin both losing to Spring Creek (2-2). By losing to Lakewood (3-1), James Kenan (3-2), and Spring Creek (2-2). the Eagles would be behind Lakewood (5-1/4-2/3-3*), James Kenan (4-2/3-3*), and Spring Creek (4-2*).

*Italicised records hypothetical, In this scenario the records in italics would be the end result for Rosewood to finish in fourth, instead of sixth/fifth.

Hobbton (0-5) can finish no higher than seventh place, even if they beat Lakewood (3-1), Hobbton has a bye week during the extra week of the season (11/11/16).

Good Luck to all teams, chaos would be fun.

Hypothetically, there could be a 5 way tie for first.

Princeton beats Rosewood but loses to Spring Creek. They will finish 4-2

Spring Creek beats ND and Princeton they will finish 4-2

ND loses to Spring Creek but beats Rosewood they finish 4-2

Jamea Kenan beats Lakewood they finish 4-2

Lakewood beats Hobbton but loses to James Kenan they finish 4-2

If you take the 5 teams they would all be 2-2 against each other under this hypothetical situation.

They team that might come out smelling like a rose is ND cause they are the only one that plays 1a and not 1aa. They would be seeded with the ones and the rest would go to a draw I suppose. What should happen is all 5 should get a 1 since the state is only letting conference champs get automatic bids. All teams would get in but if they all get ones most likely they will host a playoff game. If only one gets a 1 seed then the rest will most likely be on the road.

Lost of drama

Reactions: JeffFriday
North Duplin outlast Spring Creek 35-19. Stayed close 1st half but The Gators fumbled 1st play from scrimmage 2nd half anc the Rebels controlled the game from there, ND still in the run...

princeton 74--rosewood 52 well played game with not alot of defense. game was close at the half and then my eagles would score and princeton would score twice!!...very impressed with the bulldogs. my rhs eagles will host north-duplin thursday night.....should a great game!!

Not a lot of defense? I saw that score and thought that maybe both teams decided to start basketball season early. :D

jsc 1973...i agree. showing my age but as a player from the 1970s...there was defense because young men knew how too tackle!....many back yard or pasture games for fun between young boys who did not have the gadgets these youth have now days and sit in the house they live in. i see poor tackling from the nfl-down. give me a defensive.....8-6 score anyday.

Reactions: jh60
The game seems to be more about speed today and was more about trench warfare in out day rswdstu. I'm with you about loving a 3 td total game but don't think we will see many in 1a anymore. Looking foward to catching up with you before the the this week. Understand the game is on Thursday.?

yes! game will be thursday night at 7.00pm jh60...come in the pressbox and lets talk...thursday night will be sr. night at rhs and ill start that at 6.40pm. look forward too seeing you my friend!

The Carolina Conference was the most competitive that I remember. Hats off to the commitment of the coaches and dedication of the player to have such exciting season. Football is today as much as ever a personal challenge like no other to build confidence and character in a young man.
Love me some 1A Football...

The Carolina Conference was the most competitive that I remember. Hats off to the commitment of the coaches and dedication of the player to have such exciting season. Football is today as much as ever a personal challenge like no other to build confidence and character in a young man.
Love me some 1A Football...
Agreed it has been a fun year in the Carolina Conference! Best of luck and safety to all the conference members in the playoffs!

hats off too the north deplin rebels as they defeated my rhs eagles tonight...49-28....well played game and my eagles gave a valid effort but the rebels were too strong. very impressed with the qb ..fooled me up in the pressbox 4 or 5 times. good too see my rebel buddy jh60!!!! good luck too rebels in the playoffs.

hats off too the north deplin rebels as they defeated my rhs eagles tonight...49-28....well played game and my eagles gave a valid effort but the rebels were too strong. very impressed with the qb ..fooled me up in the pressbox 4 or 5 times. good too see my rebel buddy jh60!!!! good luck too rebels in the playoffs.
Rswdstu alway good to see you and good luck to your Eagles against E Carteret.

Carolina Conference placed 6 out of 7 teams in playoffs, 5 in 1aa with Lakewood being #1 seed in ME and North Duplin earning #1 seed in MW 1a. Most balanced season in memory with Tri-Championship on Lakewood, Princeton and North Duplin. The boys and coachs have a lot to be proud of heading into the playoffs.

1a
#8 W Rosman @ #1MW North Duplin

1aa
#5 ME Princeton 6-5 @ #4 È Riverside 8-3
#6ME James Kenan @ #3E Tarboro
#8E Spring Creek 3-8 @ #1ME Lakewood
#8ME Rosewood 3-8 @ #1 East Carteret

Best of luck to all Carolina Conference teams..

Reactions: DCRebel72
Be great if every team could move to round two, all though it's impossible for SC and LW to both win.

My Tigers let me down with a poor showing against Lakewood in the last game of the regular season. Hopefully the boys show up against a Tarboro team that will be hungry! Best of luck to the Carolina Conference

good luck!!! too all carolina conference teams tomorrow night. its been a very exciting 2016 year and i salute all the coaches that put alot of time away from loved ones.

Reactions: jh60 and JoePDawg
Although competitive, the conference was down this year. It was nice to see other teams play for 1st place. I still haven't figured out how a non split conference gets 2, 1 seeds. Oh well, good luck tonight to all.

end of season for my rosewood eagles vs east carteret high...51-0...losing some great seniors and i do salute them!!... princeton high wins in a wild-shoot out with riverside high....north duplin moves on with a win as lakewood high. round 2....good luck too these teams and great job for the teams that are through for this season.

There is no need to score 85 points against any team, no matter what the circumstances. I know it is disrespectful to take a knee on every down or kick a field goal on first down in your own territory but there are ways to curb the points.

i lost count after 51 as im old and was not great in math in high school(east carteret vs rosewood) .. as my mama always taught.....(every dog has its day but pay back is hell). game over.

SHOUT OUT!!....with much respect!!! too the north duplin rebels...as the princeton bulldogs....both teams have made a name for the carolina conference. great job coaches!!

The Rebels developed for a group of individuals to the team that played their hearts out in a hard fought game. We will greatly miss the seniors on this squad but there is great possibility with the group returning. Fun season to follow..thanks to the coaches and the dedicated young men. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT