ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Conference Tournament scores

Congrats to Hunter Huss on winning the Big South tourney.
Wins over
South Point
Crest
Kings Mtn

Young team coming together at right time.

I believe that Huss, Crest, and KM only start 1 Sr each. Should be some fun battles down the road.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Congrats to Hunter Huss on winning the Big South tourney.
Wins over
South Point
Crest
Kings Mtn

Young team coming together at right time.

I believe that Huss, Crest, and KM only start 1 Sr each. Should be some fun battles down the road.
Very impressive tourney.

Yadkin Valley Conference Boys Tournament Championship:
South Stanly 63
North Stanly 44

SS won the YVC regular season championship with a 9-1 record, losing once to North Stanly.

This is the first time that South Stanly has won an outright conference championship in boys basketball since the 1965 season (they shared the YVC title in 2019). Great job by Coach Sean Whitley and the team.

McDowell gym is usually pretty decent?
Standing room only with about 2 rows deep on balcony. If you didn’t get there tonight by jv boys halftime, you weren’t getting a seat. McDowell would be ideal permanent location for the conference tournament but there’s not a gym in the MAC besides McDowell that could handle a crowd like tonight. With the way McDowell travels there’s just not enough room.

Standing room only with about 2 rows deep on balcony. If you didn’t get there tonight by jv boys halftime, you weren’t getting a seat. McDowell would be ideal permanent location for the conference tournament but there’s not a gym in the MAC besides McDowell that could handle a crowd like tonight. With the way McDowell travels there’s just not enough room.
Yeah, too bad they can't schedule it when UNCA is on the road and play it at Kimmel

Myers Park squeaks by Ardrey Kell 52-50 to win their tournament.
North Meck 67 Chambers 55

Last edited:
Heard Hendersonville boys needed police protection to get to their bus after beating Patton 45-37 last night in Morganton to win the Mountain Foothills conference tournament.

Heard Hendersonville boys needed police protection to get to their bus after beating Patton 45-37 last night in Morganton to win the Mountain Foothills conference tournament.
I wasn't at the game, so I asked around trying to find out what happened. The story I heard was that the two groups of fans got into it in the gym after the game and the cops had to get in the middle of it. I didn't hear anything about the team needing help, but the cops probably stuck around to make sure the bus got off okay.

Reactions: beamer24
I wasn't at the game, so I asked around trying to find out what happened. The story I heard was that the two groups of fans got into it in the gym after the game and the cops had to get in the middle of it. I didn't hear anything about the team needing help, but the cops probably stuck around to make sure the bus got off okay.
Sounds like you have the better info. Thanks

Reactions: FreedomAlum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT