ADVERTISEMENT

Big 32

With just some quick looking at this years adm’s. Looks like with this breakdown 1a will now be the Robbinsville invitational. 2a will belong to Tarboro. They may be a team here and there competing with them but not many yearly.

Go Mountaineers

With just some quick looking at this years adm’s. Looks like with this breakdown 1a will now be the Robbinsville invitational. 2a will belong to Tarboro. They may be a team here and there competing with them but not many yearly.

Go Mountaineers
I wouldn't rule out Holmes or Princeton staying in 2a. Both are already close to 1a adms in 2024. Now if this years adms remain the same heading into next year then I believe you will be right. I wouldn't rule out another Tarboro vs Mitchell championship matchup

Reactions: wncbowhunter
If I did my math right and I could be WAY WAY OFF ( simply took the numbers from the Simmons thread and counted up 58/59 schools and figured that would be close to 1A, then next 58/59 2A) Heritage would be 3A with this plan. Granted they are near the cut off line so that could change with next years ADM numbers.and man 1A would not even have enough teams to field a quality playoff for football.

If they are 2A they will be a factor as well as Starmount. And I would never count out Murphy or Swain.

So much yet to play out.

Go Mountaineers

I do not subscribe to HighSchoolOT . they started charging last year to see their posts. Does anyone know where Mount Airy and the new conference will turn out? I have subscribed to too many sights already. I did like Simmons Realignment's proposed conferences.

Last edited:
  • 3A West Wilkes (Current ADM: 711)
  • 3A Walkertown (Current ADM: 681)
  • 3A Surry Central (Current ADM: 662)
  • 3A North Wilkes (Current ADM: 633)
  • 3A Mount Airy (Current ADM: 614)
  • 3A East Surry (Current ADM: 592)

Or ...

• 4A - Ashe County (Current ADM: 889)
  • 4A - North Surry (Current ADM: 813)
  • 4A - Forbush (Current ADM: 811)
  • 4A - Wilkes Central (Current ADM: 809)
  • 3A - West Wilkes (Current ADM: 711)
  • 3A - North Wilkes (Current ADM: 633)
  • 3A - Mount Airy (Current ADM: 614)

Or ...

• 3A - Surry Central (Current ADM: 662)
  • 3A - Mount Airy (Current ADM: 614)
  • 3A - East Surry (Current ADM: 592)
  • 2A - South Stokes (Current ADM: 587)
  • 2A - Starmount (Current ADM: 541)
  • 2A - East Wilkes (Current ADM: 522)
  • 2A - Bishop McGuinness (Current ADM: 452)
  • 2A - Elkin (Current ADM: 421)
  • 2A - Alleghany (Current ADM: 408)

Last edited:
"Additionally, the Bylaws Committee recommended changing the realignment timeline from every four years to every two years. This would require a bylaws change to be approved by the member schools, meaning 75% of all member schools would have to vote in favor of the change. The recommendation from the committee noted it would keep conferences the same for four years."

The two years makes sense but why keep conferences to 4? Why is this state so backasswards?

With Forsyth County and a few other counties open enrollment what are the thoughts about making all counties in NC become open enrolment to be fair to all the schools?
Just a thought and I am not pushing for it and wanted some input on it.

I would think the current General Assembly would be in favor of state wide open enrollment, including charter schools and private school vouchers. I do not know if they have the power to make that law or if that is a local power.

I would think the current General Assembly would be in favor of state wide open enrollment, including charter schools and private school vouchers. I do not know if they have the power to make that law or if that is a local power.
They have the power. And if they didn’t, they’d find a way to take it. There’s nothing they won’t do to show that they are in charge. And, if they do, that’s the last step in the intentional destruction of traditional public schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT