ADVERTISEMENT

"Battle of the bypass" East Wilkes @ Elkin

This matchup use to be a big rivalry and still is to a degree. Im hoping we bounce back with a good win. On paper it should be easy, but time will tell.

No contest! Easy win for y'all. Good opportunity for the second string to get playing time.

Outcome will be similar to your South Stokes game. 4 to 6 TD win with a high possibility of shutout.

I am sure EW will remember that once the game is in hand, Elkin is their neighbor and friend. Be kind to them.

Reactions: buzzcoach
This one shouldn't be close. The East Elkin rivalry can be interesting though and has had some interesting moments.

This honestly may be one of the few rivalries in the area where you can throw the records out. Honestly I think its a much better rivalry than Elkin/Starmount

Last edited:
This one shouldn't be close. The East Elkin rivalry can be interesting though and has had some interesting moments.

This honestly may be one of the few rivalries in the area where you can throw the records out. Honestly I think its a much better rivalry than Elkin/Starmount
As an official, both games in the day, were games you hoped to get.

Exactly my point with this whole thread. Records mean nothing in this matchup. Last 8 years the series is 4-4.

2022 EW 63-21
2021 Elkin 35-28
2020 Elkin 30-6
2019 Elkin 21-14
2018 EW 36-14
2017 Elkin 53-52
2016 EW 56-7
2015 EW 55-0

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712

Except Elkin doesn't even view East Wilkes as a rival

Not sure why it’s a surprising win. EW has 3 or 4 seniors. And Elkin’s physical presence compared to EW tonight was an astronomical difference…kinda made East feel like featherweights out there. EW do yourself a favor.. don’t look at records anymore..JK took it light on ya last week out of respect for Coach Walker..now get in the weight room..you were embarrassed tonight…and shouldn’t have been…

Reactions: footballstar_17
Way to go Elkin! They are way better than their record indicates. They easily coulda beat South Stokes and Forbush, they just couldn't put it together. Tonight looks like they did. It'll be a fun series with these two teams the next few years.

This makes Alleghany and Elkin all the more important next week; might be a doozy in that one if Elkin keeps this play up. Alleghany will be a great challenge for them. Alleghany and EW in 2 weeks will be fun too.

Reactions: DKatt and sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT