ADVERTISEMENT

Elkin at Starmount

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
This used to be one of the top games around and a big topic on here. 2002-2003 were fun years with CoachRobbie and qwerties.

If Starmount comes to play like they did against South Stokes and play some good football without many penalties, it may get ugly for the Battle of the Bridge.

Rams had 16 penalties against East Wilkes and only 4 versus South Stokes.

This used to be one of the top games around and a big topic on here. 2002-2003 were fun years with CoachRobbie and qwerties.

If Starmount comes to play like they did against South Stokes and play some good football without many penalties, it may get ugly for the Battle of the Bridge.

Rams had 16 penalties against East Wilkes and only 4 versus South Stokes.
Wow 16 !!!!

I remember Coach Robbie as well. He loved to talk about Elkin and especially about Terry Adams who played for the Elks lol. Some of the Mt Airy posters remind me of him. Always wondered what ever happened to him?

Reactions: BK13T-$ and prlyles
I remember Coach Robbie as well. He loved to talk about Elkin and especially about Terry Adams who played for the Elks lol. Some of the Mt Airy posters remind me of him. Always wondered what ever happened to him?
IIRC he was related to Terry Adams.

Maybe see if Richard Grissom, Jr., who was a really great player for the Elks, can help with the football program instead of being an assistant at Mount Airy. There are other former Elkin players in the area that could help out.

They had something special going on over there in 2000s.

Reactions: ocdavis31
Maybe see if Richard Grissom, Jr., who was a really great player for the Elks, can help with the football program instead of being an assistant at Mount Airy. There are other former Elkin players in the area that could help out.

They had something special going on over there in 2000s.

I think it will take more than getting former players involved but that could be a good start. I do think their seems to be a disconnect with the school, the community, and alumni. Communities like Elkin need the support of the ones that made them. I think that's what makes the Robbinsvilles, Mount Airys, Murphys, etc. so great.

Well, maybe if Elkin coaches wouldn't have let's just say turned their back on the former players that got them all those state championships the program would be in a different situation right now. As for the battle of the bridge Starmount wins by as many points as they want to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT