ADVERTISEMENT

Bailey…Scotland County

drawplay000

Sep 26, 2006
He must be ready to double dip…..he was a finalist for the North Myrtle beach job and now the Marlboro County job

Look at the names on that list. Davis and Bailey. Two outstanding coaches who have spent their entire career here in NC. And now looking to leave so they can finally be compensated appropriately for the work they do. NC teachers are tired of being crapped on and are going to leave unless something changes. It's ridiculous. No masters pay here and the coaching supplements suck compared to one state south!

Well I like both Davis and Bailey. Both great coaches and great guys and both deserve to get paid a lot more than they are now. NC is a joke as far a teacher and coaches pay. Facilities are also a joke compared to so many states. You will see more and more teachers getting out of the profession and more and more coaches leaving for greener pastures. Sad so sad. The tear down of public education in NC is almost complete

Are you saying this because the coach is ready to move on or because coach can’t win the ring? Nobody remembers the runner-up..

Are you saying this because the coach is ready to move on or because coach can’t win the ring? Nobody remembers the runner-up..
I guess you can say both... I have no hard feelings towards em' and wish his success in whatever he decides to do... but with the talent he's been handed over the years you should at have some weight on your hand, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: drawplay000
I guess you can say both... I have no hard feelings towards em' and wish his success in whatever he decides to do... but with the talent he's been handed over the years you should at have some weight on your hand, if you know what I mean.
Not sure but I think he’s like 0-6 in championship games..

So wait since he is 0-6 in title games he is a good coach but not elite??? How many coaches have been to 6 title games??? That's a lot of winning as a coach.
He should have won one when he had Everett Proctor and Xavier Nixon at Jack Britt. He also had a chance to win one with Zeus, making it to the championship 6 times is an accomplishment, however he has dropped some winnable ones especially against East Forsyth. I do think that Scotland moving down to 3A helps his case, if I were him I would stay at Scotland for another 3-5 years and try to win a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Elite? hell no... good but not Elite...he's no Darryl Barns, or Palmieri... but a good solid coach.
That is true but if one or two of those state championship games goes his way he would look a little different. Palmieri Wright (CGHS) Lucas (WFHS) Ware (Shelby) Teague (Reidsville) those guys are on different levels , but her is definitely a high tier 2 guy

Last edited:
Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
He should have won one when he had Everett Proctor and Xavier Nixon. He also had a chance to win one with Zeus, making it to the championship 6 times is an accomplishment however he had dropped some winnable ones especially against East Forsyth. I do think that Scotland moving down to 3A helps his case, if I were him I would stay at Scotland for another 3-5 years and try to win a few.
The quarterback who was hurt (forgot his name) (ATV accident I believe) that was committed to GT would have changed the whole narrative.

Now I really can't wait to see what happens at SC. How many championships have they won? I remember one with Chip Williams after he left New Bern over the last 35 years. I believe Barnes won two at Richmond with more talent than anyone in the state had at the time. So.... was he really elite?

Now I really can't wait to see what happens at SC. How many championships have they won? I remember one with Chip Williams after he left New Bern over the last 35 years. I believe Barnes won two at Richmond with more talent than anyone in the state had at the time. So.... was he really elite?
You are elite if you win. Can't get mad at him for winning with talent that's exactly what you're suppose to do.

That is true but if one or two of those state championship games goes his way he would look a little different. Palmieri Wright (CGHS) Lucas (WFHS) Ware (Shelby) Teague (Reidsville) those guys are on different levels , but her is definitely a high tier 2 guy
Gotta throw in Davis at Dudley(5 titles) Walsh at Robbinsville(2 or 3 titles), Brodowicz at Catholic(5 titles) in there too.

Hear former East Meck and Ashbrook HC Greg Hill got the NMB job. He had been on staff there for several years. I always thought Hill was a really good coach and with the success they have been having I can see why they wanted to keep a guy from the staff.

Good luck to all of them...

Reactions: drawplay000
At some point the closer you are to retirement in NC it makes it worth it to leave early and get the bag in SC.

Reactions: UNC91
Last round of interviews were Thursday…Bailey …Davis from Dudley…Chadwick who use to be at Meyers Park..lake city sc head coach….offer goes out Monday
They made the hire. See my post above.

The two former HCs there, Blair Hardin and Matt Reel both NC guys, same as the new HC. Reel is now at Boiling Springs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT